Workaholics love to work and rarely become stressed from working. Their mood suffers when they miss work, but they are able to make it up by working from home. Workaholics make the best employees.
Sims get the Likes Work moodlet (+10 mood) when working and they work better in careers. If they quit work or simply fail to go to work or school, they will get Missing Work moodlet (-30 mood), which stays until the Sim goes to work or school (work area for Professions). It cannot be removed by the Moodlet Manager. The only career that is unaffected by Workaholic is Investigator. The only way to skip work without getting the moodlet is to "Take unpaid time off" using a phone.
Workaholics can "Check Up on Work" using their phone to discover that there's an issue at the office. They can then work out the issue at a computer, improving their job performance. They can also simply "Work at Home" from a computer. Sims do not get paid for any overtime work they do, however.
The "Joke about Work" social will fail, if it is used on a Workaholic. Other Sims are able to use the Mean social "Accuse of being a Workaholic", which is negative.
In the Architectural Designer profession, Workaholics will give bonuses for placing a quality desk in their remodel.[TS3:A]
The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 (Console)
The Sims 3 (Wii)
- Workaholic Sims are more successful at asking for promotions and raises.
- Workaholic Sims get less stressed from working and get "Likes Work" moodlet while working.
- Workaholics get stressed when they are not at their work lot during their working hours.
- Workaholic Sims have fun doing homework, and do it faster than normal Sims.
- The Sim doesn't enjoy making fun of work.
- Workaholic Sims do not get the wish to retire when they age into elders.
- Workaholic Sims who are unemployed do not like to be asked about their career, and get angry if they are asked about it.
- If a workaholic Sim goes to work, he/she will choose, at default, to "work hard", and it is up to player whether to change it or not.
- Sim has the option to 'Work at Home' when player hits upon nearby computer.
- Sim has the option to 'Check Up on Work' via cellphone.
Socials that causes Sims to learn the Workaholic trait
- Ask about Career (increases relationship if the Sim has a job; Lowers it if the Sim does not have a Job)
- Joke about work (lowers Relationship)
If the user Sim is a Workaholic, relationship will go up if he/she learns the trait.
Possible lifetime wishes
These are the lifetime wishes available to Workaholics:
- Jack of All Trades
- Renaissance Sim
- World-Renowned Surgeon
- ↑ In The Sims 3 for Wii, it conflicts with Procrastinator and Easy Going.
- ↑ Investigator, Music (Rock Level 10) and School are exceptions. The Sim will not get the Missing Work penalty which Sims would usually receive when they do not work.