Instead of sleeping, wizards/sorceresses can Meditate, so their energy is refilled. This can be done anywhere, not necessarily in the Wizard's Tower. They tend to Meditate in random places when left to their own devices.
Spells can be learned through the correct alignment of runes and can be cast on other Sims. Most spells can be learned after gaining enough experience, however there are easter eggs spells in the game. The caster may cast any of the following:
- Growth will cause any plant to grow to a harvestable stage, even if it has already been harvested, and mineral deposits will be replenished. Growth can only be cast on the ground. It is similar to a spell that unicorns can cast in The Sims 3: Pets, or one that fairies can cast in The Sims 3: Supernatural, called "Bloom".
- Beacon of Hope gives the target a +40 buff for 24 hours and clears all daily responsibilities. (Rune req. Light, Energy, Chaos)
- Flare targets the casting Sim only. It will dazzle all Sims around with a positive buff, Dazzled, which lasts five hours and gives +15 focus. (Rune req. Energy, Fire, Light)
- Magic Arrow will cause any Sim to have a minor injury. This spell can only be casted on other Sims.
- Spirit Thief can only be cast on other Sims and it will give them a negative buff, while supplying the caster with a Soul Fragment.
- Curse will give other Sims the "Cursed" buff.
- Mend will immediately heal any Sim from any disease or injury, which is ideal if there is no Physician or the Kingdom has low Well-Being. Note: Wizards and Sorceresses can be found to cast this spell on themselves and others sometimes, even if they aren't sick or injured. They also tend to cast this spell continuously, on themselves and others, when idle, thus draining their energy quickly.
- Miasma will cause any Sim other than the caster to fall ill with the Plague , which can also kill them.
- Sleep will make any Sim pass out.
- Terror will give the Sim casted on a negative buff.
- Inferno will burn a Sim and give them the Singed buff; however, the target Sim will not die from this.
- Telepathy will give the caster or any other Sim casted on a positive buff.
- Teleport will simply make the caster teleport to the place of their choice. This is similar to Magivestigium, the spell witches in The Sims 2: Apartment Life use.
- Vanish is used during a quest. Same use as Teleport. (Rune req. Air, Light, Force)
- Initially the hero's title is Adept.
- At level 5 the hero's title is Magus
- At level 10 the hero's title is Sorcerer for male and Sorceress for female.