- 1 The Sims 2
- 2 The Sims 3 Store
- 3 The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff
- 4 References
The Sims 2[edit | edit source]
|Toss 'n Wish Drinking Well by Gaelic Gardens|
|After spending so many hours pruning and trimming your garden to utmost perfection, you deserve something unique to give it that last special touch. The Garden Club saw to it that you were well compensated! No fewer than 30 garden gnomes were recruited to design and construct the toss 'n Wish Drinking Well, so it's guaranteed to beautify and fill your garden with an unexpected grace only delightful gnomes can provide. Be wary as you wish, for gnomes are renowned pranksters!|
|Game||The Sims 2: Seasons|
|Price in game||§2,500|
Getting the Wishing Well is an incredibly hard task to do. To get it, a Sim has to get a high score from the Garden Club. This can be achieved by maintaining a clean garden, filled with flourishing plants and well kept shrubs/hedges etc., and by placing lights, fountains, and sculptures. When the Garden Club members have inspected the garden, they will ask the Sim to join their elite group, and will randomly place the Wishing Well somewhere on the lot. If there is not enough space to place the Wishing Well, it will be placed in the Sim's inventory instead. The Wishing Well has two functions: Sims can draw and drink water from the well, which will reduce their temperature and provide a slight boost in hunger (useful for PlantSims as this fills up the "Water" need faster than water from the tap), and as the name suggests, as an object for making wishes. Sims can wish for Romance, Friends, or Money. Each wish has one positive and one negative outcome; the outcome will automatically be negative if the Wishing Well has been used less than 24 hours earlier.
Each time wishes are made, the chance of successful outcome is reduced. The first wish will always be successful.
- 85% after 1 wish
- 60% after 2 wishes
- 30% after 3 wishes
- 15% after 4 wishes
- 5% after 5 wishes
- 0% after more than 6 wishes
After 5 wishes are successful, all further wishes will fail.
List of Wishes[edit | edit source]
Wishing for Friends[edit | edit source]
- 3 new friends appear around the well. Upon the wisher's first contact with them, they will become best friends.
- 3 new unfriendly acquaintances appear around the well. They will probably start a fight with the wisher upon their arrival.
Wishing for Romance[edit | edit source]
- The wisher's true love appears around the well, and he/she will automatically kiss them, and fall in love.
- A jet of fire erupts from the well and Mrs. CrumpleBottom climbs out (an allusion to the horror film "The Ring"), She will either beat the wisher with her purse or yell at the wisher. She may also attack the wisher.
Note: If the player has the wisher run into a room with a locked door (works with dorm doors, not 100% sure about regular doors), and keeps him/her from emerging to be beaten, Mrs. Crumplebottom will eventually walk off the lot.
Wishing for Money[edit | edit source]
- A bag of money falls from the sky, worth around 1,000 Simoleons.
- A bag of money falls from the sky (worth only 50 Simoleons), and hits the wisher on the head. If his/her mood is low, this could be fatal.
Even after the 5 wishes have been used up, the well still has some use, so don't delete it.
- Sims can still drink from it.
- The Money wish still gives 50 Simoleons, as long as the wisher has high motives.
- The Friends wish is great fodder for a Cowplant.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If an adult wishes for friends and the outcome is successful and The Sims 2: University is installed, there's a chance that the well may spawn young adults as friends and vice-versa. The well may spawn young adults and adults at the same time, but this is extremely uncommon.
- If The Sims 2: Bon Voyage is installed and a bigfoot uses a Wishing Well, the game will force an error if he tries to wish for romance.
- If a Sim makes a wish from the Wishing Well while an angry ghost is nearby, the ghost may interrupt the results—whether the wish was successful or unsuccessful—by popping up out of the well and scaring the Sim.
The Sims 3 Store[edit | edit source]
|The Wishing Well|
|Armed with an ancient treasure map, three brothers made their way across the desert and found the fabled well of wishes! The first brother wished for wealth and he was showered with gold. The second brother wished for power and when he returned home he was appointed the mayor of his town. The third brother wished for love, met the girl of his dreams, started a family, and founded a town near the well that survives to this day.|
|Game||The Sims 3 Store|
|Price in game||§1,500|
- Wish for Love, Wealth, Power, Happiness, or even a Child!
- Make sure to dip your fishing hook in the Well – you'll catch some amazing fish regardless of your Fishing Skill level!
- If you have the Tree of Prosperity on your lot, pixies and fireflies in the Well become very active in the evening!
- If you have The Sims 3: Pets installed, the Child you wish for may not be what you expect.
- If you've got sticky fingers, you can steal coins from the Well. You may get wet, or you may get lucky.
The Wishing Outcomes[edit | edit source]
Wishing for Love[edit | edit source]
A frog will hop out of the well and the wisher will kiss it.
- The frog turns into a Sim (teen or older depending on who made the wish) of the wisher's gender preference. They flirt with the wisher and start off as Romantic Interests. The wisher also gets the "Kissed a Frog" moodlet.
- Nothing, or a little black smoke appears at the mouth of the frog and the wisher, and they throw it back. If the latter happens, they'll get an "Embarrassed" moodlet.
Wishing for Wealth[edit | edit source]
- The wisher either has coins rain down all over them in a certain amount (usually between 200-1000 Simoleons), gets a lucky coin (used in the Lucky Palms slot machines, along with the "Seeing Aces" moodlet) or obtains an uncut gem or car (any kind) in their inventory.
- Nothing can happen, or mystical pixies will throw the wisher's coin back at them.
Wishing for Power[edit | edit source]
- The wisher will get an immediate promotion (if they have a job) via phone call or they can get an "I'm My Biggest Fan" positive moodlet. (This can prove to be very annoying, however, as the wisher tends to check themselves out or switch outfits frequently while the moodlet is active.)
- Nothing will happen.
Wishing for Happiness[edit | edit source]
- The wisher will get one of two moodlets: "Happy in the Moment" or "Euphoric". The second one lasts longer than the first.
- Nothing will happen.
Wishing for Children[edit | edit source]
- A baby of either gender will appear in a cloud of sparkles, after which will need to be named. If Pets is installed, there is a chance for a kitten or puppy instead.
- Nothing will happen, or a child Sim appears in a mess of black and automatically comes with the Evil trait.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most of the time, when a Sim goes fishing in the well, they are likely to catch sharks. Sometimes, they may catch a deathfish.
- Teens cannot wish for a Child.
- Children cannot use the well at all, not even to fish.
- If the Sim tries to steal from the well, they are more likely to get soaked than find anything.
The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff[edit | edit source]
|Whispering Wishing Well|
|Step closer, won't you? What's the harm in simply tossing in a coin? You can spare a single coin can't you? You don't believe in "magic" after all... it's just an old well. Did that face just move... did it twitch?! No, it must be shadows playing tricks on you; bear no mind to its appearance. Make a wish... it's all in good fun, right? You've already brushed aside the warnings of the locals in your hubris. They know better than to cast their lot with the Whispering Well.|
|Game||The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff|
|Price in game||§7,775|
The Whispering Wishing Well is included in The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff. There are 9 different types of wishes, each with 6 outcomes (5 at grades), totaling 53 possible outcomes. The outcomes for each wish range from being overwhelmingly positive, positive, neutral, negative, overwhelmingly negative, and a death outcome. The type of outcome can be recognised by the colour of the visual effects that appear around the wishing Sim; white, green, blue, orange, red or black respectively. The outcome of the wish can be influenced by the emotional state of the wishing well itself, and by the financial offerings Sims make at the well. Each outcome will bestow a unique moodlet on the Sim making the wish, in addition to its effect. There is a cool down period of eight hours between wishes.
Faces[edit | edit source]
The wishing well has a face located on the side of the roof over the well itself. The face of the well depicts the well's emotional state; the well's emotions impact the outcome of a Sim's wish. The more a Sim wishes at the well, the lower the well's mood becomes. However, Sims can make offerings to the wishing well to raise the mood of the well and increase the chance of getting a positive outcome from a wish.
List of Wishes[edit | edit source]
Romance[edit | edit source]
Teen or older Sims can wish for romance, provided they do not already have a significant other.
|Overwhelmingly positive||A random Sim of the wishing Sim's preference is instantly summoned, with maximum romantic relationship and high friendship.||Mystical Romance Tips (Flirty +3)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim will have 100% chance of success with the next use of pick-up line.|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will instantly feel flirty.||Ultimate Flirt (Flirty +2)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim will become sad and fail with all romantic interactions for four hours.||Helpless in Romance (Sad +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||A random Sim of the wishing Sim's preference is instantly summoned, with maximum romantic relationship and enemy relationship status.|
|Death||A random ghost Sim (who died of laughter) is instantly summoned, with soulmates and boyfriend/girlfriend relationship status with the wishing Sim.||New Partner (Happy +2)|
Simoleons[edit | edit source]
A Sim can wish for Simoleons, as long as there is already at least §1 in household funds.
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing Sim will win the lottery, instantly adding a random amount of Simoleons (over §10,000) to the household funds.||Won The Lottery! (Happy +2)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim will win over §1,000, which are instantly added to the household funds.||Fortunes Abound (Happy +1)|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will receive knowledge of a random Sim's "dark secret", and can blackmail them for Simoleons.||Learned Darkest Secrets (Inspired +2)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim will lose more money than usual to the wishing well.||Sadim Touch (Sad +1)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim will gain money, but lose it due to a newfound temporary addiction to mobile game microtransactions.||Microtransactions! (Tense +3)|
|Death||A large amount of Simoleons are instantly subtracted from the household funds, and the wishing Sim will catch on fire, and die if not put out.||My Simoleons Burned Up! (Tense +99)|
Happiness[edit | edit source]
Any Sim can wish for happiness, improving their mood.
|Overwhelmingly positive||All happy moodlets that the wishing Sim experiences will have an extended duration. This effect itself lasts for 2 days, as the moodlet from this outcome is also a happy moodlet.||Always Sunny (Happy +2)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim will become happy for 24 hours.||Forever Cheerful (Happy +1)|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will become happy for 24 hours. After that time, the Sim will receive the Happiness Doesn't Last Forever (Sad +3) moodlet.||I AM HAPPY (Happy +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim is sapped of their happiness, which is transferred to nearby Sims, giving them the extra vigor (happy +1) moodlet.||Where is My Happiness? (Angry +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim will become sad when near other Sims, making those Sims happy.||Leaking Happiness (Sad +3)|
|Death||The wishing Sim becomes hysterical, carrying an extreme chance of death by laughter.||Can't Stop Smiling (Playful +99)|
Youthful Vigor[edit | edit source]
Any Sim can wish for youthful vigor, bestowing an extension to their lifespan.
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing Sim will be reset to the beginning of their current life stage.||A Few Years Younger (Energized +2)|
|Positive||Several days are added to the wishing Sim's lifespan.||Extended Life (Energized +1)|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will become energized.||Feeling Young (Energized +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim will briefly feel energized, but quickly become dazed.||Overflowing Vigor (Energized +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim will instantly age up to the next life stage; elders are completely unaffected by this outcome.||Loss of Youth (Sad +2)|
|Death||The wishing Sim will be blessed with perpetual youth and will instantly die, transforming them into a ghost. The wishing Sim will still remain playable however.||Perpetual Youth (Sad +3)|
Grades[edit | edit source]
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing Sim's school grade is instantly increased by one.||Good Grades (Happy +1)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim's school performance is instantly maxed.|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will only have to complete 50% of their daily task for it to affect performance.||Not What I Wished For (Angry +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim's school performance is instantly lowered.||I Wished For Better Grades! (Tense +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim's school grade is instantly decreased by one.||Grades Dropped (Embarrassed +2)|
Promotion[edit | edit source]
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing Sim is instantly promoted in their career.||Movin' On Up (Happy +1)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim's career performance is instantly maxed, making the next shift a guaranteed promotion.|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim will receive an instant bonus.||Not What I Wished For (Angry +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim's career performance is instantly lowered to minimum, making next shift a guaranteed demotion unless it's raised back.||I Wished For The Promotion! (Tense +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim is instantly demoted in their career.||Rethinking Options (Embarrassed +1)|
|Death||The wishing Sim is instantly demoted in their career, making them enraged, which carries an extreme risk of death by cardiac explosion.||Worked So Hard (Angry +99)|
Child[edit | edit source]
|Overwhelmingly positive||A child is instantly added to the household, usually with the genius trait.||Joy of Children (Happy +2)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim receives a phone call offering a single opportunity to adopt a child for free.||Adoption Preapproved (Happy +1)|
|Neutral||Guaranteed pregnancy when the wishing Sim and their partner "try for baby".||Try For Baby (Flirty +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim is unable to conceive a child for four hours.||Temporary Infertility (Embarrassed +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||An evil child is instantly added to the household.||"Joys" of Children (Angry +2)|
|Death||A ghost child is instantly added to the household.||Raising a Ghost (Sad +1)|
Skill[edit | edit source]
Any Sim can wish for skills, which can bestow new skills or increases to existing skills.
Note: Overwhelmingly positive and positive added skill points do not check if the Sim already has that skill maxed out or not. If the Sim has ten points in the skill rolled by this wish, the wish is effectively wasted. The more skills are already at ten points, the higher the chance to roll the one already maxed out.
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing Sim will instantly receive ten points in a random skill, regardless of whether they already know the skill or not.||Universal Knowledge (Confident +3)|
|Positive||The wishing Sim will have a random skill increased by two points, regardless of whether they already know the skill or not.||Skill Learned (Confident +2)|
|Neutral||The wishing Sim's rate of skill-building is increased for four hours.||Expedient Learning (Confident +1)|
|Negative||The wishing Sim's rate of skill-building is decreased for four hours.||Fogged Mind (Sad +2)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing Sim is unable to gain skill for four hours.||Mind Numbed (Dazed +3)|
|Death||The wishing Sim becomes mortified, which carries an extreme chance of death by embarrassment.||Lack of Talent (Embarrassed +99)|
Life[edit | edit source]
A Ghost Sim will have the unique option of wishing to be restored to life.
|Overwhelmingly positive||The wishing ghost Sim will instantly be resurrected, and can only die again of old age for the next 24 hours. The Sim will be spared should they succumb to any other fatality.||Miracle Revival (Happy +3)|
|Positive||The wishing ghost Sim will instantly receive ambrosia in their inventory.||Chance At Life (Happy +2)|
|Neutral||The wishing ghost Sim will instantly receive the ingredients to cook ambrosia.||Ingredients of Life (Inspired +1)|
|Negative||The ghost Sim's wish is rejected, and their coin is wasted.||Wish Not Granted (Sad +1)|
|Overwhelmingly negative||The wishing ghost Sim cannot be resurrected for four hours.||Accepted Fate (Happy +1)|
|Death||The wishing ghost Sim will instantly be resurrected, and then die again.||Just a Ghost (Sad +2)|
Offerings[edit | edit source]
Sims can make offerings to the wishing well.
- §100 - This will usually make the well unhappy due to the small size of the offering.
- §1,000 - This will have a 50/50 chance of raising or lowering the wishing well's mood. If the Sim repeatedly does this action within a short amount of time, the wishing well will become dissatisfied and its mood will decrease.
- §5,000 - This will instantly raise the mood of the wishing well, granting a higher success rates for wishes.