|Take ye olde deep breath and enjoy the mountain air. This green, expansive playground has got it all; lush countryside, serene and rocky cliffs, a quaint village with remnants of the old world all nestled around the modern shore side business center.|
|Game||The Sims 4: Get Together|
Windenburg is a world introduced in The Sims 4: Get Together. Its architectural design—dominated by timber-framed houses—and its structural design, in combination with modern city aspects, is heavily based on central and southern regions of Germany. Castle-like ruins can be found on the mainland and most of The Crumbling Isle is surrounded by crumbling man-made walls. These ruins are inspired by Gothic buildings in Europe and they indicate the old age of the city.
Neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
Windenburg consists of 4 neighborhoods and three special lots.
Special lots[edit | edit source]
Lots[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 14 residential lots and 13 community lots in Windenburg.
Residential lots[edit | edit source]
Inhabited[edit | edit source]
All owned lots are considered households.
- Coorinberg Cottage, owned by Munch
- Cottage Am See, owned by Free Spirits
- Dresden House, owned by Fyres
- Factory One, owned by Partihaus
- Waterlock Redoubt, owned by Behr
- The Lighthouse, owned by Bjergsen
- Dock Den, owned by Bro
- Von-Windenburg Estate, owned by Villareal
Uninhabited[edit | edit source]
Empty lots[edit | edit source]
Community lots[edit | edit source]
- The Bluffs - Island bluff
- Von Haunt Estate - Chalet gardens
- The Shrieking Llama - Bar
- Ancient Ruins - Ancient ruins
- Quad Manor - Library
- Old Quarter Inn - Bar
- The Narwhal Arms - Nightclub
- South Square Coffee - Café
- Hare and Hedgehog - Café
- Bathe de Rill - Pool
- Discothèque Pan Europa - Nightclub
- Harbor Quarter Gym - Gym
- Hare Square - Park
Families[edit | edit source]
New families[edit | edit source]
- Behr family Waterlock Redoubt
- Candy Behr, Yuki Behr
- Yuki and Candy recently inherited a quaint, modest home from their dearly departed Grandma Behr. Geeky teen Yuki absolutely idolizes her cool DJ sister, Candy, but Yuki’s got some mad skills of her own. Sure, she may not be the edgy Spinmaster Candy is, but she can annihilate anyone at Blicblock. She’s also quickly becoming Windenburg’s most infamous underground hacker.
- Bjergsen family The Lighthouse
- Clara Bjergsen, Bjorn Bjergsen, Sofia Bjergsen, Elsa Bjergsen
- Teen musical prodigy Sofia has dreams -- she's going to make it big. Not even her gloomy dad, perfectionist mom, or pesky genius kid sister can stop her from making her way to the top!
- Bro household Dock Den
- Sergio Romeo, Joaquin Le Chien
- Tech-savvy hunk Sergio and brash DJ Joaquin have little in common... except for the finer things in life. As they climb the ranks and rake in the bucks, just how awesome can they make their sweet pad?
- Free Spirits household Cottage Am See
- Ulrike Faust, Maaike Haas
- Bookish Maaike, and artsy Ulrike aren't materialistic, but even these two roommates admit they could use a few upgrades around the house. Will Maaike be able to sell a few stories, or will Ulrike finally put out a painting that meets her exacting standards?
- Fyres family Dresden House
- Moira Fyres, Dominic Fyres, Siobhan Fyres, Morgan Fyres
- Things couldn't be better between lovebirds Dominic and Moira -- too bad the same can't be said for their daughters! Free spirit Morgan just wants to have fun with her Renegade friends, but Siobhan can't stand that attitude. Siobhan is determined to build a network of popular friends who can help her career aspirations. Will Siobhan move out on her own before the tension in the house explodes?
- Munch family Coorinberg Cottage
- Mila Munch, Gunther Munch, Wolfgang Munch, Lucas Munch
- Raising three kids is never easy -- particularly when one refuses to move out of the house, and one is a gloomy rebel. But Mila Munch is nothing if not dedicated to her family, and her sweet little Lucas always cheers her up after a hard day of restaurant work
- Partihaus household Factory One
- Marcus Flex, Paolo Rocca, Jade Rosa, Eva Capricciosa
- Drink, flirt, dance, repeat. Jade, Eva, and Paolo jumped at the opportunity to explore the world and set up the ultimate crib in Windenburg as soon as Marcus extended the invite. And the party hasn’t stopped since. Drama is never far behind when they’re together - and they’re always together! With only one and a half jobs between the four of them, how in the world do they manage to pay their bills?
- Villareal family Van-Windenburg Estate
- Jacques Villareal, Luna Villareal, Hugo Villareal, Max Villareal
- After Jacques’ wife disappeared under... ahem, mysterious circumstances, he was left raising three kids in his enormous mansion. Luna and Hugo are good kids with typical teen problems, but the youngest, Max, is a terrifying force of nature. Will the kids drive Jacques crazy before his eccentric habits and hobbies drive them crazy?
Deceased Sims[edit | edit source]
Climate[edit | edit source]
With The Sims 4: Seasons installed, Windenburg experiences cool falls and springs, with sunny or cloudy skies and occasional rain. Summer temperatures range from warm to heat wave with possible thunderstorms. Winters are characterized by a lot of snowfall and cold or freezing temperatures. Dangerous blizzards can occur in the winter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Windenburg is the first full-size world to be added to The Sims 4 in a paid content pack.
- It is the first world in The Sims 4 released after world maps have been updated to show in color.
- It has the most number of lots for a The Sims 4 world to date, with 27.
- It is also the world with the most neighborhoods in The Sims 4, with 7.
- Windenburg appears to be based on or inspired by an unreleased neighborhood from The Sims 4 base game.
- The unreleased world was first called Windenbourg; however, to fit its German inspiration, the name was changed to Windenburg.
- Windenburg's name translates from German and the "Winden" part could either refer to wind ("Wind") or morning glory ("Winde") while "Burg" is the German word for castle, which may be a reference to the castle ruins in The Crumbling Isle and Ancient Ruins neighborhoods.
- Windenburg could also be named for the town of "Winden im Elztal" in Germany
- The architecture of Windenburg is based on the traditional Fachwerkhaus style which is special to Germany and can be seen all around it.
- Most of the residents have German and Scandinavian names, e.g. Bjorn and Elsa Bjergsen, Maaike Haas, Ulrike Faust, Gunther, and Wolfgang Munch.
- According to the description of the wind chimes object from The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff, Windenburg has a sister city called Windemere.
- Old Country is mentioned in Windenburg, which might suggest the town to be part of the Old Country.
- Windenburg is the first and only world in The Sims 4 to include a public pool.
- Sims will not be seen walking around the neighborhood unless Seasons is installed.[confirmation needed]
Gallery[edit | edit source]