|Count Vladislaus Straud IV is the latest descendant to occupy Straud Manor. His oddly similar looking line of ancestors has resided here since the founding of Forgotten Hollow.|
|Education and employment|
|Eye color||Dark Blue|
|Game||The Sims 4: Vampires|
Vladislaus Straud, also known as Count Vladislaus Straud IV or Vlad, is a pre-made vampire who resides in Forgotten Hollow, the world introduced in The Sims 4: Vampires. He lives on his own in the Straud Mansion lot and begins with §20,000.
Vlad is a young adult, even though he both claims to be and has the appearance of an elder. This is most likely due to vampires not aging past the young adult life stage. He is unemployed and has eight skill points in charisma and ten points in both pipe organ and vampire lore.
Vlad has lived in Forgotten Hollow for 200 years. There is a statue of him in the town center, though the town's Sims think the statue is of his Great Grandfather, Vladislaus Straud the First. However, the local vampires know the truth; Vlad founded Forgotten Hollow and he still runs it.
According to his painting that is found inside Straud Mansion, Vlad was the sole survivor of a settling party of 25 Sims that disappeared. He was impacted so deeply that he never explained what happened to them, but founded the town on their last known location in their memory.
By sunset, Vlad starts his daily routine which includes playing some haunting melodies on the pipe organ and taking a walk through the cemetery of his estate. When the sun starts coming up, he spends some time in dark meditation to re-energize himself and reading through the Encyclopedia Vampirica, most of which is about him, before he descends into his crypt.
Vlad dislikes his neighbors, the Vatore siblings, Caleb and Lilith, as they believe in alternatives options to the traditional drinking of Sims's plasma. They will also object to Vlad's wardrobe choices, personal hygiene, and showing his dark form in public. Vlad owns a hundred grey coats as he believes they go with everything and always stay in style. At high moon, Vlad and Caleb once had a duel which Vlad won; because of this, many Sims strongly dislike him. With the exception of Renegades club- they attempted to recruit him thanks to him having the Evil trait, although Morgan Fyres doesn't seem happy about this.
As a vampire Vlad has a human appearance as well as a dark form. Apart from the size of the ears and eyes, his facial features are the same in both versions. However, Vlad looks drastically different in his vampire form due to not having any hair, including facial hair. His skin possesses visible facial lines as a vampire. Additionally, he has protruding fangs and radiating eyes.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vladislaus Straud's Sim design highly resembles Count Dracula played by John Carradine in the film House of Dracula (1945).
- Vladislaus Straud's Dark Form design highly resembles Count Orlok from the film Nosferatu.
- "Vladislaus" is Latin version of Slavic name (Polish "Władysław", Czech, Slovak and Russian "Vladislav" etc.).
- "Vladislaus" could be a reference to Vlad the Impaler, who signed letters as "Vladislaus Dragulya. "
- "Straud" may be a play on 'Strahd' von Zarovich, the vampiric antagonist of Dungeon and Dragon's Ravenloft setting.
- The name Vladislaus may be a reference to the generations of Ladislaus' from the Bathory Family (Ancestors of Elizabeth Bathory) who also had a branch named Bathory of Simolin.
- One of the gigs in The Sims 4: Get Famous is for a company called Vladislaus Hardware. It claims to be founded by Vladislaus III, a master carpenter specializing in luxurious coffins.