|The Capps and Montys have been feuding for years, but that hasn't stopped the younger generation from crossing boundaries and falling in love. Will their actions lead to ruin or bring the families together?|
|Game||The Sims 2|
Veronaville ( /neighborhoods shipped with The Sims 2 base game. The name of the town comes from Verona, the fictional town of Romeo and Juliet, based upon a real town in Italy. The town itself is based on a European setting, with a viaduct near the north end and a canal dividing the town into two architecturally different sections, the "English" side, featuring Tudor homes reminiscent of Shakespeare's hometown of Stratford-upon-Avon, and the "Italian" side, featuring Mediterranean villa-style homes of Verona. This divide clearly suits the divide between the two main families, the Capps and the Montys (meant to represent the Capulets and the Montagues of Romeo and Juliet) and also represents the divide in the cultures of the two families, The Capulets being more North European and the Montagues being more Southern European. The Capps live on the wealthier and more prominent "English" side to the east, while the Montys live on the less prominent and more rural "Italian" side to the west. The compass directions are indicated by the description of Veronaville Market. The other family, the Summerdreams, are the neutral family, yet they live on the "English" area of town. Strangely, the Montys are the only family to live on the "Italian" side./) is one of the three original pre-made
Even though there are just three pre-made families in Veronaville, the total population including Townies numbers 186 Sims. All of the Sims', streets', and houses' names are based on Shakespeare's plays. The Summerdreams, for example, are from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Oddly, almost all of the deceased parents of any pre-made Sim in Veronaville died young, in their adult years, unlike the Pleasantview and Strangetown Sims, most of which feature deceased elder Sims. Along with this are the parents of Contessa Capp, Hero, and Olivia Monty, who all may have been meant to live. The only exception to this is Contessa Capp (mother to Cordelia, Goneril, Regan, and Kent Capp) who died as an elder. Whether this is due to the family feud of the Capps and Montys or something else entirely remains unsolved.
Despite the feud between the Capps and the Montys, most of the youth seem to be friends or love interests.
- Capp family Capp Manor
- Consort Capp, Tybalt Capp, Hermia Capp, Juliette Capp
- Juliette Capp has fallen for Romeo, golden child of the rival Monty clan. Can the Capps set aside their grudge and put Juliette's happiness first?
- Monty family Monty Ranch
- Patrizio Monty, Isabella Monty, Mercutio Monty, Romeo Monty
- Patrizio Monty never forgot Consort Capp's broken promise. But now his grandson Romeo has fallen for the Capp heiress. Will the Elders live to see the two families united?
- Summerdream family 71 Bard Boulevard
- Oberon Summerdream, Titania Summerdream, Puck Summerdream, Bottom Summerdream
- The Summerdreams' kindly nature and zest for life have cast a romantic spell over Veronaville's youth. But will there be any magic left for Puck?
Family bin families
- Goneril Capp, Albany Capp, Miranda Capp, Hal Capp, Desdemona Capp, Ariel Capp
- Goneril's husband Albany wanted a big family, and he got it. Will their offspring carry on the Capp traditions, or smash the establishment to smithereens?
- Regan Capp, Cornwall Capp, Kent Capp
- Regan and her husband Cornwall are preoccupied with their careers, but Bianca Monty's affections for Regan's brother Kent have the household on alert. Will Kent have the courage to break the vendetta?
- Antonio Monty, Beatrice Monty, Benedick Monty
- Recently widowed, Antonio must either give up his job at the family restaurant and use his savings to raise his twins Beatrice and Benedick, or hire help and keep the job he loves. What will be his role in the family feud that may have cost him his wife?
- Bianca Monty
- Bianca Monty is happy to be out on her own, but can she find someone to make a family with?
Townies and NPCs
The Capp Family
The Capp family resides on the "English" side of Veronaville which include Tudor-styled homes of different sizes and a very Old Town ambience.
Like most Sims in the series, memories a distant family member (ex. an aunt to a nephew) would receive such as "(subject) got an A+ on (his/her) report card" are not usually shown; however, yet some siblings like Goneril, Regan, and Kent Capp do not even appear to retain memories of their childhood together. Consort Capp seems to have the most correct timeline of memories, even if there are still many holes in it. Memories most siblings would remember such as "(subject) grew up well" are nowhere to be found from any Capp family member with a sibling. Most memories are individualized to that certain character (See Juliette Capp's memories.) While one character may have a memory of another character "Taught (subject) how to walk" another may not have that memory (See Consort and Goneril Capp's memories.)
Only the four people residing at Capp Manor at the start of the game and strangely Bianca Monty have a memory of Contessa Capp's death while all other citizens of the town do not. None of Goneril's children have a memory of Cordelia's death either.
The ages of some of the Capp family conflict each other and their memories. The 7 grandchildren of Consort and Contessa Capp are, from oldest to youngest: Miranda Capp, Tybalt Capp, Hermia Capp, Juliette Capp, Hal Capp, Desdemona Capp, and Ariel Capp; however, Miranda appears to be the youngest of the teenagers, having 12 days until she becomes an adult, while Tybalt has 4, Juliette has 8, and Hermia has 11. That places Tybalt and Juliette as the oldest and Hermia and Miranda as the youngest. With the death of Cordelia and Caliban Capp, the memories from their children do not line up with their ages. Juliette remembers their parents' death when she was a teen, contrary to Hermia and Tybalt's memories of remembering their death when they were children. The accuracy of these circumstances are flawed, because if it were true, Juliette would be the oldest child. Family photos show their parents placing then-toddlers Hermia and Juliette in cribs, and a young Tybalt standing with his family. The 3 remaining children of Consort and Contessa would be all nearing the elder lifestage according to Consort's memories.
Another substantial error is the fact that Cordelia has been placed as their youngest child, which is not possible since her brother Kent is only 6 days older than her oldest child Tybalt. Additional, Contessa was, according to SimPE, 2 days younger than her husband when she died, meaning that she died of old age at 54 days old, which is not possible in normal gameplay.
The Monty Family
The Monty family resides on the "Italian" side of Veronaville which include Mediterranean villa-styled homes and a Spanish-like ambience.
Just like the Capp family, the Montys do have some errors with their age, though not as excessive as those of the Capps. One of these errors is connected with Vincentio Pantalone, the father of Isabella Monty. Her memories tell that Vincentio died as an adult after his grandson Claudio got married, which is impossible. What makes his age even more of a mystery is the fact that Isabella already was an elder at Claudio's wedding. This is also confusing since Claudio's children were born after the wedding and are both teenagers at the start of the game, while Isabella only has aged one single day into the elder life stage.
- The name and basic premise of Veronaville comes from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, which takes place in Verona, Italy. Other names from this neighborhood derive from other of Shakespeare's plays. See Veronaville/Onomatology for more on this.
- In The Sims 2: Seasons there is a decoration called "Veronaville Quilting Bee Finalist". This indicates that there is an annual quilting competition in the town.
- In The Sims 3, Veronaville is mentioned in the notification that appears when a Sim has mastered the logic skill. In the notification, it is mentioned that "Such brilliance and mental fortitude hasn't been witnessed since the Late Renaissance of Veronaville!..."
- In The Sims 3, good Sims can donate to a charity called "Veronaville Community Chest". Evil Sims can donate to undermine it.
- When any of the three pre-made households are first played, members of other households will be present as visitors.