Vehicle enthusiasts enjoy the craftsmanship of a fine ride and know the value of a dependable vehicle. Their relationship with their vehicles is a special one.
- Vehicle enthusiasts' relationship with their cars decay more slowly each day.
- Vehicle enthusiasts build relationships with vehicles more quickly.
- Vehicle enthusiasts like using their car more than carpooling.[confirmation needed]
- Vehicle enthusiasts only need to ride their cars 8 times to build relationships. Other Sims normally need to ride at least 60 times.
- Vehicle enthusiasts can name their vehicles without building relationship with them.
- Sims will not play an animation when this trait is selected in CAS.
- This trait won't conflict with the Eco-Friendly trait, despite the fact that Eco-friendly Sims prefer to carpool whilst Vehicle Enthusiasts prefer to drive their own car.
The trait was hinted at during a Q&A session on Twitter and was later found within the game files. It was finally confirmed in a scan of the game manual. Although it turned out that the trait was not limited to The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff but included in Patch 15.
Examples of pre-made vehicle enthusiasts