There are five Vampire Ranks:
- Rank 1 - Vampire Fledgling
- Rank 2 - Minor Vampire
- Rank 3 - Prime Vampire
- Rank 4 - Master Vampire
- Rank 5 - Grand Master Vampire
Vampire Sims will have several options to increase their Vampire Rank.
- Sparring/Fighting/Curing Vampires
- Researching Vampiric Lore
- Being mentored by higher ranked Vampires
- Using vampiric powers
- Drinking Plasma
Each Vampire Rank unlocks another row of Powers and Weaknesses to choose from. When vampires reach a new Vampire Rank, they will be required to choose a weakness, or else they will not be allowed to learn any new powers.
Powers and WeaknessesEdit
Vampires can choose certain powers as they gain more experience and become stronger. There are a total of 25 powers, divided evenly (5 per each Vampire Rank), with several powers having their own tiers (up to a maximum of 3). Also some powers conflict with certain weaknesses, preventing vampires from picking them.
At the expense of becoming a more powerful vampire, the vampire must develop a weakness. There are a total of 11 weaknesses, divided unevenly amongst the Vampire Ranks. Some weaknesses have their own tiers (up to a maximum of 3), and some conflict with certain powers, barring vampires from being able to choose them.
List of Powers and Weaknesses Edit
- Almost all vampiric abilities can be unlocked for a single Sim (except those that conflict with others), as the Sim will continue gaining Power Points even after they have reached the maximum Vampire Rank.
- Vampire Powers and Weaknesses can be reconfigured by having the vampire Sim drink a Draught of Reconfiguration (which can be made at Level 14 vampire lore skill), which will reset and refund all of their Power Points and chosen weaknesses.
- Through the use of cheats, vampires with all powers and no weaknesses can be created.