Hi, welcome to The Sims Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the The Sims Castaway Stories Careers page.
- Most do not have tombstones or urns, so they technically are not ghosts, but they are also not Sims as almost all cannot exist as playable Sims even with hacks. Since they are deceased, I listed them as ghosts. --Zarthanon 22:56, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
If they are not ghosts they should not be listed as ghosts. (See The Sims Wiki:Project Sims/Manual of style#When to use the "state" parameter) If they cannot resurrected that should be mentioned in the body of their article. You should check out Project Resurrection. --a_morris (talk) 23:16, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
- They shouldn't be listed as Sims either then. In-game, they really do not have a life state. They cannot be resurrected as they do not have character data. They are simply a part of playable Sims' ancestry line. Perhaps an alternative would be to leave their life state blank. --Zarthanon 23:19, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
- That would apply to deceased Sims that are ghosts in-game as well, though. Most of the Sims in question here are not ghosts in-game. They are in effect nothing. Despite the fact that their portraits exist in playable Sims' family trees, they do not exist in the game. They are not really Sims at all, nor any other life state. --Zarthanon 23:42, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
But ghosts would have been ghosts. If some articles indicate they are ghost when they should not they need to be fixed. A discussion about this topic was recently held, some pages may not have been updated. I have always hated the term "life state" and preferred "creature". If you feel strongly about this, it should be taken up with the entire community at Project Sims/Manual of style. --a_morris (talk) 00:23, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Note: At the moment there is no standard method for classifying non-resurrectable Sims. Some have been categorized in Category:Sims with no character data, or Category:SimPE Sims (although this category is moving). I have started creating templates and hope to connect them to resurrecting guides (like Resurrecting tips), however I do not have the expertise and have begun Project Resurrection for this purpose. You seem to know something of this subject at it would be a great help to the community if you would participate in the project. --a_morris (talk) 02:33, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I will do what I can with the Resurrection Project; I have resurrected a lot of Sims over the years. Some of the deceased Sims I was marking as ghosts can be resurrected using the normal methods, but they have fatal flaws that causes them to vanish almost immediately. SimPE helps to an extent, but some simply do not have enough code to work - they are simply pictures in-game. I will go back through the ones I changed that fall under this category and change them from ghost to Sim, since there is not really a better state choice. --Zarthanon 05:57, January 4, 2010 (UTC)