Potential E3 Questions
Hey there Lost Labyrinth!
My name’s Mike and I’m with Wikia’s gaming ComDev team. Just wanted to say hi and ask you a quick question about E3. As you might know, E3 is one of the biggest game conventions of the year, and it’s right around the corner. We may have the opportunity ahead of the show to interview some folks from EA, and would love to ask them any questions about The Sims 4 that you or the other admins may have.
Here’s an example of a community interview we’ve done before: http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/File:Expert_Showcase_Special_Edition_-_XCOM_Enemy_Within
We really like letting Wikia communities ask the questions, because they’re very knowledgeable about their game of choice, and ask extremely in-depth questions that regular news outlets don’t.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, feel free to submit any questions you have here, or directly to me at email@example.com Hope to hear back from you soon, and thanks again for all your edits & contributions to The Sims Wiki!
Ah, excellent thanks a lot!
This is actually a pre-E3 event, and we'll be talking to EA next Thursday, the 15th. They actually don't tell us ahead of time what they'll be presenting there, but with Sims 4 right around the corner it seems like a safe bet. If we don't hear anything from the event next week, I'll let you know, and we'll be sure to try and ask the questions at E3 proper.
I'll make sure to keep an eye on the blog post, and thanks for the quick response!
Sorry about the late response! E3 wrapped up a couple weeks ago, but we're just now getting caught up with everything around the office here. Just wanted to update you on the community questions situation. We unfortunately didn't have a chance to talk with anyone at E3 and ask them the questions, but we're going to try contacting them via email and seeing if we can get a response that way. I'll keep you posted if we do.
Hi! I'm Plumbbobparadise and I'm a somewhat infrequent contributor here. I have a fairly large Simfamily whose adventures I'm attempting to chronicle here, and I want to link all their pages together, with family trees and the like. I see those bottom links with all the family names and even family trees with individual members. The page I'm trying to edit is here - The Plumbs Please help, I have no idea what to do :(
RE: A few of my edits
Sometimes I pretend to be over-reactive but now that you mention it, I suppose there is no need for it. It wasn't winding me up as much as it sounded like, but yes again there wasn't any need for it. And sometimes I do forget to tone it down.
Also I guess there was no reason to blank the talk page for Gordon King. I sometimes forget that I tend to sometimes write those sorts of things as well. C.Syde (talk | contribs) 22:06, May 10, 2014 (UTC)
Not supporting my nomination
- While my heart is certainly in the right place, and I have almost definitely learned everything I need to be an administrator, I actually think it's fortunate that you haven't supported my nomination for the following reasons.
- While most people normally take time over their edits, I am always in a rush because I feel that I have a mountain of things to do and I just want to get them all done. As a result I often forget to add several bits of information, so then I have to go back and type in the information that slips out of my mind - by which time other editors may already have noticed.
- I often tend to do what many consider to be "A rough job which needs to be polished". I remember making an edit on a page, and another editor came along and tried to improve the grammar of my edit - but in doing so they re-wrote the opposite to what I had intended.
- I have made many mistakes, most of which I am unlikely to repeat - but then there's always a new generation of mistakes, in addition to those mistakes that had no one else pointed them out to me, I would never have noticed.
- Also when others try to explain things to me, I'm in too much of a hurry to actually take the time to consider and understand what they've said. This explains why I often misinterpret advice - such as "taking a step back and think a little bit deeper about what you're doing". Instead I might think of it as "wasting my time thinking about this when I could be jumping ahead to something else".
- Naturally I'm often under the impression that nothing is wrong which is why I express my confidence and experience whilst failing to notice any advice "observe what's going on with administrative issues, rather than attempt to jump straight into them". Instead I might see it as "You need to go back and learn how to talk" - why would I do that when I'd already learned how?
- I can't see myself making any severe mistakes with those administrative tools but with those other mistakes, it doesn't look good. And of course a person can't always predict what they might or might do wrong. Recently I saw a nomination for administration-ship and thought "why has no one nominated me"? The answer was soon to be there waiting.
- I'm unlikely to repeat those mistakes "blanking a page" or "making false assumptions regarding a certain user and their sockpuppets". But that still doesn't mean that the 'charges' have been cleared...yet.
- Now that I'm aware of these mistakes, I'm sure I can learn from them, and spend more time on things rather than jumping ahead. With that, I'll develop into a much better editor at a remarkably quick pace - being a quick learner.
I have left similar comments on LiR and K6ka's talk pages, while most of the above has been written as a response to your particular message about whether I was ready to become an admin. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 07:13, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
Can you remove File:The Meeting of a Ghost Cover.png for me.
Reference tooltip error
The reference tooltip settings are a bit erroneous and lacking UI. It's just a minor problem though. Not sure if you could take care of this, but I might just report this to you. Nikel Talk – Vote! 13:29, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Unfortunately that's down to Wikia butchering JS/CSS to the point where nothing works as it should. While the tooltips are optimised for a completely different skin, the code should theoretically work here and there's nothing in the code to suggest why it shouldn't, but it doesn't. The list of things we can blame on Wikia is growing at an alarming rate. Lost Labyrinth • (c) • (b) 13:38, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Well... good thing I never need to set up anything with the reference tooltip. And hopefully no one does. Nikel Talk – Vote! 14:20, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
|A Birthday cake for you!|
|I know you're retired, but still, happy birthday, and blow out the candles! --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 21:16, November 7, 2014 (UTC)|
15 Years of The Sims, 10 Years of The Sims Wiki!
Hello Lost Labyrinth! It's the 15th anniversary of The Sims, and the 10th anniversary of The Sims Wiki!We wanted to say thanks for all of your contributions to improve and develop The Sims Wiki! Happy Simming, for many more years to come!
Image credit: WikiBuilder1147 · This message was delivered to you by your robot friend, K6kaBOT, at 00:09, February 7, 2015 (UTC).
You are receiving this message because you are a recent active contributor or valued community member. To opt-out of future messages, or if you have any questions or comments, please contact my operator. Thanks!