I never really publicly shared my thoughts on The Sims 4 to a
large audience. Partly because, as you all know, I
ragequitted retired from this place last year, and partly
down to something that I'm going to get down to in this blog
I purchased the game upon release. For a little while, I actually enjoyed it despite the lack of content. Hours later it got old. It became very stagnant and while some of the updates pumped in new features, they weren't enough to keep me interested. The expansion packs to date don't appear to fill that void too much in my opinion. But I quickly got bored of the game and moved on, hence why I never really spoke about it too much. My girlfriend stuck with it for a bit longer but eventually went off it.
Yeah so I'm not here anymore. I feel that I'm probably obliged to explain why given that I've been here for so long, and for what it's worth I have considered retiring for a little while now.
The thing that kept me here on TSW was the community, since I was never really much of a editor. Over time that dwindled and began to shrink and while things might be gradually getting better in the run-up to TS4, it's not enough to keep me around. Plus I don't feel like there's much incentive for me to really do anything given that I've lost a lot of interest in the series over time. My girlfriend plays this game a lot more than I do...let's just leave it at that.
I would do something but I don't want to. Or need to. I've contributed my part and I feel i…
This was announced several days ago but nobody wrote about it. I figured as some of you are probably interested, I'll write about it anyway.
The system requirements for The Sims 4 have been revealed. They are as follows:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive require…
I'm sure you've all seen the 20 minute clip by now. And I'm sure you've all heard what's there and what isn't. So how do I feel about it? Well, I actually feel kind of ambivalent about this game.
The new mood system seems interesting, especially how there will be interactions to tie in with how a Sim feels. The gallery is also a much nicer touch than the horrible content system from TS3 and I feel the build tools are more robust this time around.
Now for the negatives: the load screens are unfortunate but inevitable (I'm still sure that TS4 runs on a modded version of SimCity's engine). The lack of content for the £50 asking price is also a major quarrel. I feel kind of cheated by paying full price for Titanfall yet TS4 feels like it's takin…
If you missed out on certain expansions or stuff packs for The Sims 2, here's your chance to grab them now
I'm sure some of you have received an email from Origin regarding The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which is a new version of the game packaged with all released expansion packs and stuff packs from The Sims 2. To get this on your Origin account, this is what you do:
- Contact EA Support and go for their live chat. Here's a shortcut for you.
- Ask about adding The Sims 2 to your Origin account. They'll ask for your CD Key. Note that you only need the key for the base game.
- Go through whatever security checks they request or whatever.
- Check your library for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and it should be there.
If you never bought any of the EPs or SPs for TS2, now's your chance to get them for free as you only need to give Origin your base game key. And t…