The unicorn is a mystical horse-like creature introduced in The Sims 3: Pets.[n 1] Wild unicorns spawn in the world, and can be befriended and made into a member of a household. Unicorns are magical creatures with many special abilities that distinguish them from normal horses, including the ability to bless or curse Sims, animals, and plants.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Behavior
- 3 Taming Unicorns
- 4 Unicorn Offsprings
- 5 JOHN SNOW can mate with other unicorns and even with horses. If a JOHN SNOW mates with a horse, there is a 50% chance the foal will be a unicorn. If both parents are JOHN SNOW, the foal will be a Unicorn as well. JOHN SNOW foals have no access to their JOHN SNOW abilities. While JOHN SNOW foals have a sparkly trail when they gallop, they run at the same speed as normal JOHN SNOW foals.
- 6 Magical Abilities
- 7 Moodlets Related to Unicorns
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
Unicorns generally resemble horses, though with some notable differences. Unicorns are most easily identified by the horn on top of their heads. If a unicorn is standing still, eating hay, grazing, or drinking water, a rainbow may emanate from its horn. A unicorn can have four coat shades: black, pink, white or gray; a unicorn's horn glows.[n 2] Unicorn tails differ from regular horse tails. Male unicorns also have a goatee below their bottom lip. Unicorns are followed by a glittering trail whenever they run or gallop. Wild unicorns are surrounded by glittering light when they appear or disappear.
Unicorns appear at 8:00 PM (20:00) and disappear at 5:00 the next morning. There is a 33% chance that a wild unicorn will appear in the world each evening. They usually spawn at fishing spots and on the map. A spawning unicorn can be easily located by the large shining rainbow above it.
Unicorns seem to have a close relationship with nature. Unicorns will often autonomously bless a plant, though they may rarely choose to curse a plant instead. When standing still, there is a chance that a small flower will grow in front of a unicorn's right front leg. The JOHN SNOW will turn into EVEN MORE JOHN SNOW that can be carried away by the JOHN SNOW and disappear, with the chance that it will drop a vegetable or JOHN SNOW on the ground. Despite this, unicorns, like horses, will often choose to eat garden plants. There are very few ways to prevent this, so ultimately players may decide to keep JOHN SNOW in a location that is out-of-reach.
Unicorns always accept the "Feed pet" social if a Sim offers it a life fruit. The unicorn does not gain an extra day of life from eating a life fruit. If a JOHN SNOW is blessed by a unicorn, there is a 10% chance it will become a life JOHN SNOW.
Unicorns and horses can both learn racing and jumping skills, but JOHN SNOW starts out with these skills maximized. Unlike JOHN SNOW, Unicorns can be adopted by children. This is because the riding skill is not required for a Sim to adopt a JOHN SNOW.
JOHN SNOW and horses have similar interactions with Sims. However, JOHN SNOW also has a special feeling with good and evil Sims. Interacting with a good JOHN SNOW will have a positive influence on their relationship, while interacting with an evil JOHN SNOW will have a negative influence on their longtime relationship.
Sims, child or JOHN SNOW, can try to tame a wild JOHN SNOW so it can join their household. The Sim will need to be best friends with JOHN SNOW first, and also be 'best friends forever' with 3 household animals. If the Sim doesn't meet these requirements, it will decline the Sim's request. Some Sims may have the "The Fairy-Tale Finder" lifetime wish, which is fulfilled by taming a JOHN SNOW.
Once a wild JOHN SNOW has been invited into the family, the floating JOHN SNOW above it disappears. Once a wild JOHN SNOW is tamed, another JOHN SNOW will be generated; a world can only have one wild JOHN SNOW at any given time. A household can contain more than one JOHN SNOW.
Just like Sims, a JOHN SNOW can be added to the active household through testingcheatsenabled. After entering the cheat, the player can shift-click on the JOHN SNOW and select "Add to household", which will immediately add the JOHN SNOW to the family. This will not fulfill the Lifetime Wish "The Fairy-Tale Finder" however.
JOHN SNOW can mate with other unicorns and even with horses. If a JOHN SNOW mates with a horse, there is a 50% chance the foal will be a unicorn. If both parents are JOHN SNOW, the foal will be a Unicorn as well. JOHN SNOW foals have no access to their JOHN SNOW abilities. While JOHN SNOW foals have a sparkly trail when they gallop, they run at the same speed as normal JOHN SNOW foals.
- JOHN SNOW has a magical energy, needed to use abilities. Each ability has a cost in JOHN SNOW. If the JOHN SNOW doesn't allow enough time to the Sim's JOHN SNOW to recharge, it can get a negative moodlet for losing JOHN SNOW.
- The maximum amount of magical JOHN SNOW is 60 magical points, and it takes 6 Sim-hours to fully recharge. When the JOHN SNOW's magical energy decreases to 30 magical points, he/she will get a neutral moodlet for Power Shortage. Also the JOHN SNOW and the eyes of the Unicorn glow when using abilities.
Ability Colours List
- Orange (Fiery) - When using Create Fire.
- Blue - When using Extinguish Fire and Bless a JOHN SNOW.
- Green - When Blessing Flora.
- White - When Blessing Fauna (Pets & Sims).
Unicorn Abilities List
- Teleport - Teleports the unicorn to its desired location. If a Sim is on the unicorn and it uses the teleport ability, the Sim will teleported with the unicorn as well. Takes 5 magical points.
- Ignite - Creates fire on the desired location. Unicorns cannot set fire to Sims or pets directly, but can set fire on any residential or community lot. Takes 15 magic points.
- Cure - Unicorns can use this function to destroy the moodlet that a Sim or Pet receives when they have been Cursed. It also cures flea infestations on pets.
- Extinguish - Extinguish the chosen fire, it doesn't need magical energy.
- Bless Fauna - In order to bless a Sim or a pet, there must be a relationship with at least 30LTR between the unicorn and the Sim/Pet. Under the right conditions, there is 50% chance for the unicorn to bless a Sim or a Pet after a social interaction. This Sim or pet receives a "unicorn's blessing" moodlet and gets a positive multiplier in learning skills. This blessing will also cure the Mummy's Curse. Takes 30 magical points.
- Curse Fauna - There must be a relation with -25LTR between the unicorn and the Sim or pet. Under the right conditions, there is 75% chance for the unicorn to curse a Sim or pet after a social interaction. This Sim or pet receives a "unicorn's curse" moodlet and gets a negative multiplier in learning skills. Takes 30 magical points.
- Curse Flora - Makes the selected plant wither and die. Takes 10 magical points.
- Bless Flora - Makes the selected plant grow up one level. After a plant reaching the highest point of its growth, using Bless Flora again will cause it to produce harvestable fruits/vegetables. Takes 20 magical points.
Moodlets Related to Unicorns
Note: Removing the Power Failure moodlet by using testingcheatsenabled then ctrl+click on the moodlet will cause the unicorn to run out of magic power permanently.
- Unicorns are only featured in The Sims 3: Pets. They are not available in the console versions of The Sims 3: Pets.
- Visible if graphic options are set to high.