The onomatology (study of names) of Sims and families in Twinbrook.
- 1 The Art and Love Household
- 2 The Baker Family
- 3 The Bayless Family
- 4 The Brandt Family
- 5 The Bull Family
- 6 The Carlton Family
- 7 The Castor Family
- 8 The Clay Family
- 9 The Coddle Family
- 10 The Darer Family
- 11 The Drudge Family
- 12 The Dudley Household
- 13 The Goode and Bad Household
- 14 The Greenwood Family
- 15 Townies
- 16 NPCs
- Bailey: means "bailiff" in Old French
- Ball: from the English word "ball", which in this case is probably referring to the kind of elaborate party
- Buddy Bailey: from the English word meaning "friend"
- Gala Ball: from the English word meaning "a festivity"
The Baker Family[edit | edit source]
- Baker: an occupational name for a baker
- Mary Baker: could mean "sea of bitterness", "rebelliousness" or "wished for child" in Hebrew
- Lincoln Baker: a surname derived from a city of England
- Newton Baker: means "new town" in Old English
The Bayless Family[edit | edit source]
- Bayless: an English surname, probably from "bailiff", signifying a steward or servant
- Gwayne Bayless: a variant of the name Gwyn, which means "fair, white, blessed" in Welsh. Similar to the name of Sir Gawain, a knight of the round table in Arthurian legend.
- Skeet Bayless: from the English word skeet, a sport of shooting at clay pigeons
- Chase Bayless: means "chase, hunt" in Old French
- Tay Bayless: short for Taylor, a surname for someone who was a tailor
The Brandt Family[edit | edit source]
- Brandt: variant of Brand, meaning "sword" in German
- Marc Brandt: short for Marcus, which is derived from Mars, meaning "man" in Latin
The Bull Family[edit | edit source]
- Bull: simply means "bull" in English
- Amy Bull: means "beloved" in French
The Carlton Family[edit | edit source]
- Carlton: an English place name meaning "town of the free peasants"
- Sofia Carlton: variant of Sophia, meaning "wisdom" in Greek, also the capital city of the European country of Bulgaria
The Castor Family[edit | edit source]
- Castor: likely referring to the star in the solar system
- Robert Castor: means "bright fame" in German
- Beverly Castor: means "beaver stream" in Old English
- Jeffrey Castor: variant of Geoffrey, which could mean "peace" and "territory", "stranger" or "hostage" in German
- Thomas Castor: means "twin" in Greek
The Clay Family[edit | edit source]
- Clay: from the English word "clay"
- Harwood Clay: a pun on the English word "hardwood"
The Coddle Family[edit | edit source]
- Coddle: means to treat one with excessive indulgence, or to pamper someone
- Molly Coddle: short for Mary, which could mean "sea of bitterness", "rebelliousness" or "wished for child" in Hebrew; the name is a pun, "mollycoddle" meaning to pamper someone
The Darer Family[edit | edit source]
- Darer: likely a variation on "daring", referring to the sim's personality
- Juan Darer: Spanish form of John, meaning "God is gracious"; the name is a pun for "wanderer".
The Drudge Family[edit | edit source]
- Drudge: means "a person who does tedious, menial or unpleasant work"
- Shamus Drudge: variant of Seamus, which is ultimately derived from Jacob, meaning "holder of the heel" or "supplanter"
- Eva Drudge: variant of Eve, meaning "to breathe"
The Dudley Household[edit | edit source]
- Racket: means "a lot of noise"
- Dudley Racket: means "Dudda's clearing" in Old English
- Goode: a nickname meaning "good"
- Rotter: likely refers to the verb "to rot"
- Goodwin Goode: variant of Godwine, meaning "friend of God"
- Sinbad Rotter: meaning unknown, possibly an Arabic name, since it is a famous character in "One Thousand and One Nights"
The Greenwood Family[edit | edit source]
- Greenwood: likely referring to the family's eco-friendly reputation, a combination of the words "green" and "wood"
- Oliver Greenwood: means "olive tree" in Latin
- Holly Greenwood: from the English word for the holly tree
- Jade Greenwood: from the word for the precious stone
- Emerald Greenwood: from the word for the precious stone
Townies[edit | edit source]
Tim Burre - A pun on the word "Timber".
Des Eyre - A pun on the word "Desire"
Lucy Ferne - A pun on "Lucifer"
Terry A. Keyes - A pun on "Teriyaki".
Charmaine Manne - A pun on "Charming Man".
Cho Sonwhun - A play on "Chosen One".
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Abel Bodey - A pun on "Able Body".
Kay Pebble - A pun on the word "Capable".
Nick Zit - A pun on "Nicks It".
Cat Stielburg - A pun of "Kat steals a burger" (a possible reference to LOL Cats). That clearly isn't what it means though; it obviously refers to her profession as a cat burglar.
Matt Schtick - A pun on "Matchstick", which are used to start fires.
Ty Dee - A pun on the word "Tidy".
Anne T. Septik - A pun on the word "Antiseptic".
Carrie Post - A pun on "Carry Post".
Dee Liver - A pun on the word "Deliver".
Mozzy Weller - A pun on "Mozzarella", a type of cheese typically found on pizza.
Dee Tex - A pun on "Detects".
Andy Plumber - A pun on "Handy Plumber".
Maggie Net- A pun on the word "Magnet".
Ree Treave - A pun on the word "Retrieve".
Colette Dette - A pun on "Collect Debt".
Dai Sekt - A pun on the word "Dissect".
Mollie Kewell - A pun on "Molecule".
Al Lyffe - A pun on the word "Alive".
Ellie Gante - A pun on the word "Elegant".
Cary Smattick - A pun on "Charismatic".
Sue Perfeisser - A pun on the word "Supervisor".