|IRC Channel Operators|
|Rollback||Open to requests.|
This is the page where formal requests for rollback rights can be filed. Rollback rights enable normal users to use a [rollback] button to quickly revert vandalism from history pages. It is particularly useful on The Sims Wiki when an admin is unavailable to take bigger action against vandals. There is no maximum number of rollback users, so if you would like to obtain rollback rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
Users applying for or being nominated for rollback rights should be active or semi-active members of the wiki. Rollback candidates should have a strong history of positive contributions to the wiki, with an emphasis on the quality of those edits over the quantity of edits made. Candidates should have no recent history of blocks or negative contributions to the wiki.
- Add your name as a subheading under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than several lines) as to why you require rollback rights. Please sign your posts.
- Alternatively, another user may also nominate another eligible user for rollback rights. If this is the case, the applicant need only to say they accept the nomination.
- Even if a nomination was discussed and agreed to on IRC or Chat, the applicant should accept the nomination on this page, for the benefit of those who were not on IRC or Chat at the time, and those who do not use IRC or Chat.
- Other users may or may not have questions. There will be no section for questions if there are no questions. Voting on a rollback request is unnecessary.
- The Bureaucrats will consider your request and make a decision. Please do not get too disappointed if your request is declined. You can always try again later.
I'd like to nominate Joey.eyeball for rollback rights. Joey has been actively contributing this wiki. Although he mainly makes minor edits correcting Sim's bios, he has made constructive edits as well. And between the contributions, he has also reported several vandalism, and undone some of them. I'm sure the rollback tool will be useful for him. Nikel Talk – Vote! 11:18, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Joseph has earned a lot of editing experience and I'm sure he can put this tool to good use. Approved. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:25, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to nominate K6ka for rollback rights. K6ka has made excellent contributions in this wiki, in terms of quality. He has a number of anti-vandalism works in his contribution history, and I find it will be practical for him to use the rollback button. I'm surprised he's not a rollbacker yet. Nikel Talk – Vote! 15:34, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Nomination accepted. Thanks for nominating me! I'm already a rollbacker on Wikipedia (proof), and it would be useful if I could also revert vandalism on this wiki in a click. K6ka (talk | contrib) | NG Userpage | The Last Stand Wiki | The Sims Wiki | YouTube | Wikipedia 15:59, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to nominate C.Syde (myself) for rollback rights. I (C.Syde) have been actively contributing to this wiki, and have made a large number of edits in a short length of time. My editing skills have improved fast. I have made many minor edits such as correcting Sim's fitness levels etc. I have also made a lot of major edits and have contributed some pages and images on this wiki. I was ready to join the Sims wiki many months before the time actually came. I'm sure the rollback tool will be useful for me. C.Syde65 (talk) 06:14, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I personally think you're a great contributor to this wiki, and have made a lot of constructive edits. I would like to see more anti-vandalism in your contributions, though. Keep in mind that rollback should only ever be used for vandalism, and never to revert good-faith edits that you simply disagree with. K6ka (talk | contribs) 14:09, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Just so we're clear, rollback requests don't require any discussion or community consensus. Others are welcome to bring across any issues related to the nominee that a bureaucrat may not be aware of but aside from that, the right is granted on a yes or no basis based on trust.
I would like to nominate Icemandeaf for rollback rights. He has made numerous positive contributions to the wiki, including edits to the main namespace, templates, and fanon. He also does have a record of anti-vandalism work. Overall, he seems to be an active and intelligent user, and I think he would make a good rollbacker. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 00:49, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
I would like to nominate myself for rollback rights. Even though it is no longer requirement, I have undone vandalism, when I have seen it. Even though most of my edits are to do with fanon, I have made some contributions to the main space. Even learned how to create and better use some templates, to help make myself a better editor for the wiki. I think being rollbacker will help me to improve as an editor, and better protect the wiki from vandalism. WayfinderOwl (talk) 02:14, May 18, 2014 (UTC)
I would like to nominate ThePeculiarMe for rollback rights. Although he may still be new here, he has made numerous positive contributions over the past month, and he seems to have a good history of anti-vandalism work. In general, he seems to be a fairly capable user, and I think he would benefit from becoming a rollbacker. C.Syde (talk | contribs) 03:58, May 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Awesome! I accept. ThePeculiarMe | (talk to me) 04:11, May 23, 2014 (UTC)