|IRC Channel Operators|
|Content moderator||Open to requests.|
Requests for content moderator user rights are handled through this page. Moderator rights requests are almost always open on The Sims Wiki.
Requests for content moderatorship
If you feel that you would make a good fit for Content Moderatorship, or you feel that another user on the wiki would make a good fit, please put your application/nomination below. Please make sure that you/your nominee meet the minimum requirements before submitting an application/nomination.
In order to apply for Content Moderator rights, or to be nominated, a user must:
- Be a registered member of The Sims Wiki for at least three months
- Be an active wiki editor in the content namespaces (the main namespace, game guides namespace, and/or the fanon namespace)
- Show an understanding of basic wiki editing, and at least some experience with more in-depth/technical aspects such as category or template usage
Procedure for Applications and Nominations
Step One - Applications or nominations
Any user who meets the minimum requirements may apply for Content Moderator rights. Applicants should add their application, including a signature, to the "Current requests" section below.
Any registered user on The Sims Wiki may nominate an eligible user for Content Moderator rights. Users nominating another user should explain why the nominee is a good fit for the role, and must include the nominating user's signature. Nominations should be added to the "Nominations" section below.
A nominee must accept a nomination on the "Requests for Moderatorship" page before it can be considered. If a nomination is accepted by the nominee and the nominee is eligible for the role, the nomination will be moved to "current requests" and will be processed in the same manner as self-applications. Nominees may decline any nomination for any reason they choose; nominees who decline nominations may be re-nominated or may apply for the position at any time in the future.
In their application, or when responding to a nomination, the applicant/nominee ("Candidate") should explain why they want and would be a good fit for the role, and must include the candidate's signature.
Step Two - Discussion
The period of discussion on a Content Moderator promotion should last at least seven (7) days. Discussions can be ended early by an administrator or bureaucrat if the candidate is found to be ineligible, if the candidate requests it, or if the application has no chance of succeeding due to opposition. Multiple Content Moderator discussions may be conducted simultaneously, but each discussion should focus on only one candidate.
Discussions should be focused on determining whether a candidate is a good fit for the position. Any registered member of The Sims Wiki may participate in user promotion discussions. Users are encouraged to keep an open mind about all candidates and to ask questions. Users should avoid sweeping praise or generalizations about a candidate (e.g. "he she deserves/it" or "he/she is a good editor), but should instead focus on specific positives or negatives and specific reasons why a candidate should or should not be promoted. Discussion participants are expected to remain civil and polite, especially when speaking critically of a candidate. The candidate is encouraged to participate in the discussion, especially to answer questions or address any issues regarding their candidacy. All discussion posts must be signed.
Step Three - Resolution
If, after seven days of discussion, there appears to be consensus in favor of promotion, the candidate will be promoted. If there is no clear consensus in favor of the promotion, the discussion will end and the candidate will not be promoted. In cases where a candidate is not successful in obtaining Content Moderator rights, the candidate may re-apply or be nominated again at any point in the future; however, candidates who do not achieve promotion should address the specific issue(s) brought up during the discussion before re-applying. If a user repeatedly applies for Content Moderator rights despite multiple failed applications, and the user shows no or few attempts to correct the issue(s) that led to their earlier failures, they may be restricted from making further applications for a period of time, as determined by the administrators.
There are no outstanding nominations at this time.
There are no outstanding requests at this time.
I, LostInRiverview, would like to nominatefor the role of Content Moderator on The Sims Wiki.
Gvaudoin has been an active or semi-active member of The Sims Wiki since the tail-end of 2017, and has shown herself to be a highly competent wiki editor in that time. She seems like someone who is genuinely interested not only in improving and expanding the content of the encyclopedia, but in engaging positively and helpfully with other members of the community.
Gvaudoin is not currently a rollbacker, and I did consider nominating her for that position instead. (For the record, rollback is not listed as a prerequisite for obtaining the Content Mod role) But, I feel that she could get more use out of the expanded toolset of the Content Mod role than she could simply from the rollback tool, and I feel that the wiki could use another experienced hand in the Content Mod position. I have no doubt that she would be well-equipped to effectively utilize these additional tools if she is ultimately promoted.
- Thank you for nominating me as a potential content moderator! I'd like to accept the nomination.
- I try my best to improve the Wiki by adding new pages, expanding on the existing content and reverting vandalism wherever I see it. If the nomination is successful I'll continue to do so and use the new tools for the good of the Wiki. —Gvaudoin 💬 12:15, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- Please include your comments below. This discussion shall last at least seven days.
Support - I have seen observing Gvaudoin's contributions over the past couple of years, and I have seen little to no reason to believe that she wouldn't be suitable for this role. So she has my support. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 03:50, April 22, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I have nothing but respect for the work Gvaudoin has done for the wiki. Whether it comes to uploading necessary media or creating articles on TS4 gallery Sims, Gvaudoin often does the work that is so essential to the wiki. I wholeheartedly support this nomination. Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 11:29, April 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - From a quick look at Gvaudoin's contributions, it's clear that she has a good understanding of the game and the workings of the wiki. I think it would be beneficial for both her and the wiki if she had access to the rights, and has my trust and support. ~ Beds (talk - blog) 22:36, April 30, 2020 (UTC)
Given unanimous support among those who have contributed to the discussion, it appears that this discussion has achieved consensus. The content moderator rights have been awarded. -- LostInRiverview talk · blog · contribs 04:44, May 17, 2020 (UTC)