|IRC Channel Operators|
|Sysop||Open to requests.|
Requests for administratorship is intended to be a venue where frequent and skilled editors of The Sims Wiki can request Administrative rights on the wiki. New administrators are selected by the community based on their editing history, behavior, skills, and other factors.
Any user who meets the minimum requirements for nomination (see below) may be nominated, or may submit a request for administratorship. All requests are conducted on individual pages - a bureaucrat will set up the individual request page once a nominee/applicant has cleared the minimum requirements.
To nominate a user, or to apply yourself, please go here.
- JM9193 - Awaiting response from nominee
I, Auror Andrachome would like to nominate for administratorship on The Sims Wiki. JM9193 is pretty much our biggest Wiki Ogre on the wiki. What JM9193 does for the wiki includes (but not limited to) uploading much needed headshots, supplementing articles from scratch, fixing typos, and correcting poor grammar (despite being from France). Overall, he's a befitting editor that has plenty of experience and no type of hostility towards others. Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 19:07, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
- New applicants or nominees are being accepted. Please add them in the space above
In order to apply for administratorship or be eligible for nomination, a user must:
- have Rollback rights;
- be able to communicate effectively in English, including the use of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
- not be prohibited from requesting or being nominated for administrative rights due to past actions or prior requests.
Procedure for Applications
The following steps should be followed by applicants and nominees.
Stage 1 - Nomination/Application
- Users may nominate themselves or be nominated by another user for administratorship. The nominee then has to accept the nomination before discussion can begin. Nominations or applications should be made here.
- If the nominee accepts the nomination, they should also choose two Administrative projects when stating their acceptance.
- After a user applies or accepts a nomination, a bureaucrat should determine whether the user is eligible to apply. If they are eligible, the bureaucrat will create a page for the nomination (typically 'The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/<name of nominee>') and begin the discussion there.
Stage 2 - Discussion
- A period of discussion shall last at least five days.
- After the five day period of discussion has elapsed, it shall be determined whether a consensus has been reached. Consensus can only be reached in favor of a nominee, not in opposition to them. If the discussion shows consensus for a nominee, the nomination is successful and the user is promoted. If the discussion clearly shows a lack of consensus, the nomination will be ended and the nominee will not be promoted.
- In cases where a consensus is not clear after the initial discussion period, discussion will continue until there is a two-day long period, or longer, in which nothing is added to the discussion.
- If this occurs and a clear consensus exists, the nomination is successful and the user is promoted.
- If this occurs and a consensus in support is not clear, the nomination will proceed to Stage 3.
- If discussion continues for ten or more days, and it is determined by ay least two bureaucrats that progress towards consensus is not occurring, the nomination will proceed to Stage 3.
Stage 3 - Voting
- Voting is to be used as a last resort to resolve a contested request. Voting shall take place only after Stages 1 and 2 are observed properly.
- Votes may not be accompanied by any argument for or against the nominee - they must be strictly support or oppose votes. There shall be no neutral votes, but users may abstain from voting.
- The voting period shall last seven days. A 2/3rds majority in support is required for a nomination to pass.
- A nominee may choose to terminate their nomination within two days of a nomination reaching this stage; the nominee will receive no penalty for doing so. After that period, normal penalties apply.
- A nominee whose nomination does not lead to a consensus for promotion will not be eligible to be nominated or to request for thirty days.
- A nominee may end a nomination at any time. A nominee that terminates a nomination will not be eligible to be nominated or to request for fifteen days.
- A nominee who has had three failed nominations within any six-month period will be ineligible to be nominated or to request rights for three months, starting at the end of their third failed nomination.
- A nominee who applies for rights and who is ineligible will be automatically denied, and will be ineligible to request rights or to be nominated for an additional fifteen days, beginning after they would have otherwise become eligible. Nominations of ineligible nominees by other users will not result in a penalty against the nominee.
Guidelines for discussion and consensus
- Points of discussion should be focused on assessing the ability of a nominee to perform their duties. Discussion should avoid sweeping praise or generalizations (e.g. "he/she is a good editor" or "he/she deserves it"), and focus instead on specific reasons why a user is or is not a good fit for the position.
- Users engaged in discussion may contradict the points raised by another user, but should remain respectful at all times. Back-and-forth arguments between two users should be avoided.
- Generally, consensus in a request can be determined by answering these questions:
- Are there major and specific problems raised by multiple users regarding the nominee?
- Is there a lack of agreement between users over whether a nominee is qualified, capable of serving or a good fit for the role?
- If the answer to these questions is 'no', there likely exists a consensus for the nomination.
- Old Archives
The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/Archive 1 - April 2009 to July 2010
The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/Archive 2 - July 2010 to April 2011
The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/Archive 3 - July 2011 to September 2011
The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/Archive 4 - March 2012 to October 2012
The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship/Archive 5 - November 2012 to May 2013
Fanon Administratorship Archive
- New Archives