The Featured Editor (alternatively known as the User of the Month or Editor of the Month) is a way for the TSW community to acknowledge the hard work, dedication and accomplishments of its most devoted editors. The title of Featured Editor is a prestigious achievement, given only to the most deserving editors of The Sims Wiki.
To see a list of past Featured Editors, please go here.
Featured User Selection
All persons nominated as Featured Editors must:
- Be currently active participants on The Sims Wiki.
- Not be currently blocked from the wiki, or not have had a block from the wiki within a certain period of time:
- Users that have received blocks will be ineligible to become Featured Editors until a time equal to twice the length of their block has passed. For example, a user blocked for one week would be ineligible for two weeks after the expiration of their block.
- Have at least 50 edits to the wiki.
- Not have been a Featured Editor for at least a six (6) month period prior to nomination.
- Users meeting the requirements above may be nominated at any time by another user.
- Users cannot nominate themselves for Featured Editor, and they cannot ask or encourage another user to make a nomination on their behalf.
- Each user can only nominate one user at a time. However, each user can vote for as many nominees as they would like.
- A nominated user will remain on the list of nominees until they either become ineligible, or are selected as a Featured Editor.
- For purposes of counting, a nomination of a user is considered a vote for that user.
Nominating and Voting Guidelines
- Only registered users can nominate or vote for other users.
- Under the "Nominations and Votes" Section, place the name of the user you wish to nominate inside double brackets, in between three equals signs as follows: ===[[User:User Name|User Name]]===. Under the user's name, add a bullet point with a brief statement, such as "I nominate <user>," followed by your signature. If the user you wish to vote for has already been nominated, proceed to step 3.
- Do not follow this step if you are the person nominating another user - follow the directions in step 2 instead. Place #--~~~~ underneath the nominated user's name. The code will automatically convert into your user name and the time of your vote. You must sign your name - unsigned votes will be deleted. Comments can be placed between "#" and "--~~~~".
- Do NOT vote for the same user more than once. Each hashtag (#) counts as a vote.
- Only votes of support are allowed; do not place opposition (negative) votes or otherwise try to persuade others not to vote for a particular nominee.
- Please add new nominations at the BOTTOM of the list.
Nominations and Votes
Place your nominations below this line.remaining until the voting period for next month's featured user ends