Anyone is able to join The Sims Wiki's Discord server, even if they do not have an account on the wiki. Discord users who claim to be a user on-wiki, however, may be asked to confirm their identity in order to verify such a claim. In addition, wiki administrators must be confirmed before they can be added to the "Wiki Administrator" user role on the server.
Confirming your identity is not required to use the server, but if you edit the wiki and are active on Discord, you may wish to have your identity confirmed so that moderators and server operators know who you are. To protect against impersonation, moderators may also ask you to confirm your identity. Once you are confirmed, you will be added to the "Confirmed Wiki Users" role; this role does not offer any additional features and is used solely as a marker.
How do I get confirmed?Edit
- If you haven't already, be sure you read and understand the Discord server rules.
- Make sure you are registered with and logged-in to Discord, and that you have a valid email address attached to your account. Also make sure that you are allowing direct messages from server members.
- You may then do one of the following:
- Go into the #role-request channel on the server and then type
!request-confirmed, followed by a link to your userpage; OR
- Direct message any server moderator or operator and ask to be added as a confirmed wiki user.
- A moderator or operator will contact you over direct message and ask you to edit the Confirmation section with a random text that they will specify, followed by your on-wiki signature (~~~~).
- Be sure that the e-mail address you used to register with Discord has been authenticated. Only users with verified e-mail addresses are allowed to participate on the server.
If you are stuck, please leave a message at The Sims Wiki talk:Discord or join the #discord_help channel on the server and we will try to help you. Please be patient as server moderators or operators may not be online at all times.
Please do not edit this section unless instructed to do so by a Discord server operator or server moderator. Thank you.