The Sims Wiki is currently encouraging a new "adoption" feature. This is for experienced users to get a chance to show their skills and help a brand new inexperienced Wikia user to find their feet and their categories.
This is meant to be fun and educational for both users, adopter and adoptee alike. Please read the rules, regulations and tips before adding yourself to the list or requesting to be adopted.
- You must try your best to teach new users as much as possible about Templates, Categories, Vandalism and how to approach it, Wiki Policies and Wiki-text.
- You have 3 months before the new user will be asked to make a short review about what you have taught him/her, pointing out what they liked and disliked about you teaching them.
- Control yourself. Even if the adoptee has done something wrong countless times, you still have no right to insult them.
- The entire system spans about 3 months. Please make sure that you'll be able to handle and have time for it if a new user asks you to adopt them.
- Once you accept an adoption request, please leave a message here containing who you adopted.
- Most of the time, you will have no control over who asks you to be adopted. When you enter this, anybody who requests to be adopted must not be turned down without a reasonable excuse.
- Please notify us here if you would like to become an adopter. Include your reasons for wanting to become an adopter, how many users you believe you're open to adopt, a short description of who you are and your interests and any notes you think are mentionable. This helps record keeping remain simple and stops users without enough experience adopting. You must also have a minimum of 700 edits (on The Sims Wiki or in total), and not be a current adoptee.
- Also remember that you can take a shorter route and just ask an adopter to adopt you and teach you something they specialize in. This is usually for users lacking experience in only a certain subject, and takes around month. Other then that, this works like a normal adoption.
- Please do not apply if you are already experienced on another Wiki.
- Pick any user from this list you think look like good adopters and request to be adopted on their talk page.
- Make sure you listen to what the adopter says; you will be monitored on progress and cooperation.
- If the adopter is being rude, unfair or unhelpful, report it immediately here.
- Make sure you'll be able to log-on enough times during the week.
|Adopting; 2 positions open||I am an experienced editor and administrator who is currently fully-active. I will work hard to help any new user find their way around and teach them the basics. If you give me your time I'll give you my knowledge. I am also involved with a ton of community projects and the newsletter and will be glad to show you ropes.||Yeah. Drop a message on my talk page and let the fun begin! Note: I will be away for a month, so choosing me as an adopter will make the course go for 4 months, 1 not used.||Community, Userbox and Signature Creation, Templates, News|
|Adopting; 2 positions open||I like reverting vandalism. I am willing to help any user in whatever needs they may have on wiki or IRC.||Short and Simple. Drop a message on my talk or query me on IRC.||Signature Creation, IRC, Counter-Vandalism|
|Adopting; 1 position open||I am a person with good English knowledge and with rollback rights. Am fully active after a short break for making my computer stabler. I am very patient and I will be very happy to teach anyone anything I can. I am also very good and creative at creating templates, so I would be happy to show you. I am also a modder.||The only thing you will have to do is either E-Mail me or drop a message on my talk page. You can also query me on IRC, where I'm a regural.||Templates, Userbox Creation, In-Game Modding, Vandalism Fighting|