The administrators' noticeboard is where The Sims Wiki editors and readers can request assistance or input from members of the administrative team. Matters brought up here may be discussed by administrators and editors, or may be referred as needed to the community discussions forum, the admin portal talk page, or another appropriate venue.
Click here to leave a new message on this noticeboard. Please sign your posts by adding four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your comments. Note that new sections are added to the bottom of the page.
This User Made An Unecessary Page Edit
https://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_swim User is Babblesamyacode
Unnecessary Page Edit
- This seems to fall more in the category of "Misplaced fanon" more than unnecessary, but it's been dealt with. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 21:38, October 16, 2018 (UTC)
Irrelevant Fanon Edit
Inappropriate Profile Pic Edit
Google Play Fan Favorite Game 2018 AwardsEdit
Great news: The Sims™ Mobile is a nominee for Google Play’s Fan Favorite Game of 2018! This award puts the power in the communities’ hands, allowing fans like you and your community members to vote for and support your favorite game. The voting for the Fan Favorite Game takes place between November 12 and November 26.
We're partnering with Google Play this year to help get out the vote, which is why we're reaching out to you. We want to help you make sure The Sims™ Mobile has a chance of taking home the prize, since there are a lot of strong contenders this year. We have a couple of ideas on how to help with this:
- A discussion post on your community on November 12 announcing that voting is live.
- A blog post on the same day announcing the same.
- A small image asset in the right rail on desktop that will announce the game as a nominee and take fans to the voting page. (For an example of how that asset will look in terms of size and location, check out the Buy Now asset on the right side of Pathfinder Kingmaker Wiki.)
- A "smart" banner that will display for wiki viewers on mobile (similar to the smart banner that currently displays on mobile pages for the FANDOM app).
We're also happy to help support getting out the vote for The Sims™ Mobile in any other way you'd like -- just let us know how we can help. We look forward to hearing from you. Don't hesitate to get back to us with any questions you may have. Thanks! Pinkachu (talk) 17:48, November 1, 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! I am here to follow up on the message I left a week ago. We are planning to go live with the voting on Monday, but before we do, I wanted to be sure this community was fine with our plan as described above. If you have questions, concerns, or limitations, please let me know prior to Monday morning PDT. Thanks! Pinkachu (talk) 19:39, November 9, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry, looks like real life got in the way and I forgot to follow up on this. I think a blog post is the most non-intrusive way to get the word out; we could make an announcement at the top-right to draw attention to it.
If the "smart" banner is what I think it is, I am thoroughly opposed to it. In my experience — and I am sure in the experiences of most others — banners that follow me around as I scroll down a page are far more annoying and irritating than encouraging and persuasive. I think that more non-invasive ways to do this are through the blog post and the image asset announcement. — THE TIM TAM IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL (TSW • AH • MGW • Contribs) 01:40, November 10, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey guys :) I wanted to jump in just to explain the smart banner a bit more. It's actually not as described above. It's just a tiny little thing that appears for Android users only at the very top of many, but not all, mobile pages. It absolutely does not follow you as you scroll. And you can dismiss it by hitting a button in the upper right hand corner.
- Because this a campaign focussed on Google, it cannot be seen on any other operating system. Obviously, this mainly means that if you have an iPhone, you won't see it at all.
- Put simply, it's a very, very lightweight thing.
- Because it's a product we've only just created, I went ahead and enabled it to allow you to play with it, so that you can decide whether you want to keep it, based on actually seeing it, rather than just trying to imagine it. As you kick the tires on this thing, be aware that it may take you a few tries at reloading the page to see it. That's normal and expected at this stage of development.
- Similarly, I've gone ahead and enabled the right rail desktop image. At least one user, above, seemed to think it a good idea, and being able to actually see it will probably be helpful to this discussion.
- If you dislike either of these things, please tell us by Tuesday, 13 November, in this thread. Due to Veterans' Day, we're out of the office until Tuesday. Thanks! -- CzechOut 23:05, November 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! The blog post just went up and includes the links for voting. Thanks for participating! Pinkachu (talk) 19:55, November 12, 2018 (UTC)
Fix/delete this page Edit
Doesn't have the Fanon suffix and is just a blank infobox with barely any info other than number of sims and generations it has.