|The Sims FreePlay|
|Box art for The Sims FreePlay|
|Ratings|| ACB: MA15+ |
|Platform(s)||iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry 10, Kindle Fire|
|System requirements||iOS 5.1.1 or later, Android 2.3.3 or later, Windows Phone 8 or 10, BlackBerry 10, or Android 2.3.3 (Kindle Fire)|
The Sims FreePlay is a free-to-play iOS, Android and Windows Phone game from FireMonkey Studios. It was released worldwide on December 15, 2011 for iOS and February 15, 2012 for Android. An Amazon Kindle Fire version was released on September 27, 2012 and a Windows Phone 8 version was released on September 14, 2013. It is the first Sims game released on the iPad. It differs from the regular Sims game in that it uses regular time. For example, in a normal The Sims PC game, 1 hour of game time is one minute. However, in FreePlay, 1 hour really is one hour. On July 21, 2014 Firemonkeys Studios announced there will be no further updates on the Windows Phone 8.
The Sims FreePlay is a version of the beloved life Sim that combines the features you love with a brand new experience for your iOS/Android/Blackberry 10/Windows Phone/Kindle device that you can play for free! Build and personalize your own town and control up to 34 Sims by choosing their jobs, pets, cars and more in the deepest Sims experience for mobile devices yet.
Complete actions to level up and earn Simoleons and Lifestyle Points for access to new items, decorations, and buildings. Your Sims live in a persistent world so take them with you and check in anytime to see what they’re doing. Continual game updates and social features like visiting your friend's towns and comparing them with the leaderboard means you’ll have a great new experience every time!
On November 23, 2011, IGN was first to report that the game is being released for iOS. The game was early released in the Singapore App Store on December 1, 2011, weeks before the official iOS release. The same day, official Facebook page for the game was created. Previews, sneak peeks and polls posted on the page lead to the launch trailer and the game was available worldwide in the App Store on December 15, 2011. Much anticipated game was released for Android players two months later. Soon after the Pre-Teen update, the game team revealed that the game is coming to Kindle Fire.
In December 2012, EA released the highlights from the first year , since the official launch of the game a year ago. An interview with producer was also released that time in honor of its first anniversary.
Changing time and dateEdit
Changing time and date settings may skip time-based actions. The "Time cheat" is very popular among players, however there are side effects players may experience:
- Buildings taking longer to complete
- Sims and babies taking longer to arrive
- Sims no longer attempting to go to work
- No more daily rewards
- The game crashes[confirmation needed]
- Party Boat gifts and Competition Center competitions taking longer to arrive
- No longer being able to access timed events and limited edition awards
Having incorrect time and date may also prevent players from having access to online features:
- Online store
- Party boat, leaderboard, and gifts.
- Collecting other things
The Sims Official MagazineEdit
The game has been featured in all six issues of The Sims Official Magazine so far, a free magazine about The Sims in general that players can read online or as a universal app for iOS and Android.
- Issue 1: What Do You Do in The Sims FreePlay?
- Issue 2: The Sims FreePlay Stuff, FreePlay Anniversary
- Issue 3: The Sims FreePlay Stuff , FreePlay: Climate Control
- Issue 4: Mystery Awaits In The Sims FreePlay
- Issue 5: Christmas Spirit in ms FreePlay
- Issue 6: Buy: The Sims FreePlay
FreePlayers' Choice ProgramEdit
FreePlayers' Choice Program is a way for players to vote for their favorite items they would like to get discounted. Each offer lasts for a limited time. The voting is enabled on the game's official Facebook page.
Updates and Added FeaturesEdit
Here is the history of features added in each update in The Sims FreePlay.
Here is the history of events in The Sims FreePlay.
The Sims FreePlay have many achievements that players can unlock.
- The Sims FreePlay is the third game in The Sims series to require an Internet connection (the first is The Sims Online and the second being The Sims Social).
- The Sims FreePlay is the first game to receive an MA15+ for "strong crude humour" by the Australian Classification Board, which prevents minors under 15 years from getting the game without a parent or an adult guardian (all previous Sims games have been rated M or lower, which are advisory ratings).
- Originally, FreePlay used The Sims 3's logo with the difference being that 3 next to The Sims was omitted and replaced with FreePlay, The Sims itself is also higher on the Plumbob compared to TS3. As of version 5.15.2 (Christmas 2015), FreePlay now uses The Sims 4's logo, the difference also being that the 4 next to The Sims was replaced with FreePlay. The new logo also omits the string and hole next to FreePlay.
- Another change is the Plumbob was changed to the one used in The Sims 4.
- FreePlay's Time feature originated from the DS version of The Sims 2.
- FreePlay is the first game not to use the name Child for a life stage. Instead, the game's equivalent of children are called Pre-Teens. However, this does not make Child the first life stage in The Sims series to have its name changed, as Elders have been renamed Seniors.
- FreePlay is the first The Sims game to support the iPad's fullscreen.
- FreePlay is the first game to have more than 8 Sims being able to be controlled at the same time without having to change a household, although pets cannot be controlled.
- FreePlay is the first game that has a changing icon.
- FreePlay is updated every 6 weeks.
- FreePlay uses sound effects from The Sims 3 PC.
- There are lots of NPCs in Freeplay, players have control over every created Sim in the town. All Sims in the town are added by the players with the exception of Sims you help with quests. I.e. Osiris (a space alien), Bree, the park ranger, and others.
- All workplaces (except the profession workplaces) and the school are rabbit holes.
- Personality (The Sims FreePlay)
- Relationship (The Sims FreePlay)
- Hobby (The Sims FreePlay)
- Career (The Sims FreePlay)
- Quest (The Sims FreePlay)
- Discovery Quest (The Sims FreePlay)
- ↑ http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/interview-iron-monkey-talk-about-the-sims-going-free-on-ios/088904
- ↑ http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=N9dK%252fAfYCFyIrqk0ezba4g%253d%253d&ncdctx=LegN4Kv4%2bL%2by53IlaQ%252f81dbE4DQhD%2bOkWrFgo6JG4UZh%252fTW%2bFfl%252f0N%252fqJijTVj4pqtOrMnZhfpkPj2kR0y4fNUeFiwRIAsbED5iJ5BpDMxZqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sims-freeplay/id466965151?mt=8
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 
- ↑ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/the-sims-freeplay/9wzdncrfj30h
- ↑ http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/29/ea-shows-mobile-and-social-games-for-winter-fun-from-battlefield-3-aftershock-to-a-new-tetris/
- ↑ https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ea.games.simsfreeplay_na
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-Inc-Sims-Freeplay/dp/B009HKL4B8
- ↑ http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/the-sims-freeplay/b8deb98f-ccc1-4ca4-96fc-3723940335b5
- ↑ https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/201942044-Windows-Phone-8-No-Further-Updates
- ↑ http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1213261p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter
- ↑ http://wireless.ign.com/objects/123/123277.html
- ↑ Read more about changing time and date on official forum.
- ↑ http://help.ea.com/article/sims-freeplay-faq
- ↑ Australian Age-Rating
- ↑ The Sims 3 logo
- ↑ The Sims FreePlay logo used from December 2011 to December 2015
- ↑ The Sims 4 logo
- ↑ image showing comparison of old and new logo, loading screen and Plumbob