The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff is the upcoming stuff pack for The Sims 4. The stuff pack's development is being guided by a number of public community votes. The pack's content and title was voted on by the community at large before being selected. The game has no official release date, but it is planned to be released within the next year.
On April 3, 2017, SimGuru Graham (Graham Nardone) posted a kick-off blog for the development of a new community-guided stuff pack. The first blog post included a poll to select the general theme of the new stuff pack, and gave five options: "Eco Living Stuff," "Starter Home Stuff," "Arcade Stuff," "Dangerous Stuff, and "Wedding Stuff." After the poll closed on April 6, "Eco Living Stuff" was selected as the theme for the new stuff pack. The pack theme has a brief description:
Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy.
On April 10, 2017 through April 12, 2017, a vote was held to determine the art style for the new stuff pack. Two style options, labeled "Style A" and "Style B," were voted on; "Style B" was ultimately chosen by the voters as the pack's general art style.
Based on the selected art style for the pack, concept art for 68 separate objects, as well as several CAS assets, were designed. A third community vote, from May 18 through May 21, 2017, narrowed the included objects down from 68 to 29.
The fourth community vote to decide gameplay features, held from June 23rd to June 26th, resulted in laundry being selected as the main feature of the pack.
The fifth community vote to decide the name of the stuff pack, held from September 6th to September 8th, resulted in the name "Laundry Day Stuff" being chosen out of four possible options: Rustic Lifestyle Stuff, Rustic Home Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, and Laundry Stuff.
The sixth community vote to decide the icon for the stuff pack, being held from September 13th to September 15th, presents four options: a clothespin, a pair of socks, a washing machine, and a hamper. The outcome is yet to be decided.
Further community votes will be held over the coming months to determine which specific gameplay features will be included in the pack, the stuff pack's in-game and box art icon, and the title of the stuff pack.
During a live stream they confirmed that they may add a version of the door without a curtain and separate the sink and barrel to be two different objects.
- ↑ The Sims 4: “Laundry Day Stuff” Wins Community Title Vote
- ↑ The Sims 4: Eco Living Stuff Wins Community Vote on SimsVIP (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Your vote counts! Help us create a new Stuff Pack for The Sims 4 by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ Help Us Create a Stuff Pack: FAQ at TheSims.com (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ You Chose the Eco Living Theme! Now Pick an Art Style by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ Stuff Pack object vote results! by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com forums (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920674/stuff-pack-gameplay-feature-vote-results/p1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/899794773988433921
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/901289035246714884
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/902701963325747201