|The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff|
|Box art for The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)|| January 16, 2018|
August 14, 2018 (console)
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements on TheSims.com|
The stuff pack's development such as theme, content, icon and title was guided by a number of public community votes. The pack was released on January 16, 2018 for PC and OS X, and on August 14, 2018 for console.
Surround your Sims in clean clothes while living a rustic lifestyle!
Surround your Sims in clean clothes while living a rustic lifestyle with The Sims™ 4 Laundry Day Stuff. Your Sims’ can now clean their clothes, from gathering laundry to washing and drying, giving their outfits a spotless look. Embrace the rustic life with new country-themed décor and clothing for your household.
Wash Your Wardrobe. Gather your Sims’ laundry, load the washing machine, and then toss them in the dryer for a pristine look. Your Sims can also hand wash their clothes in a washtub, then line dry for a spotless outfit that other Sims will surely notice!
Build a Rustic Home. Transform your Sims' home with country-inspired décor that best suits your Sims’ lifestyle. Discover new ways to decorate household rooms with wooden tables and wicker furniture. Add decorative items to rooms from colorful rugs and lively succulents!
Dress in Country Style. Outfit your Sims in country-themed attire from floral patterns to everyday denim. Styles include free-flowing tops and bottoms made from natural cotton fibers. Try hassle-free hairstyles that complement your Sims’ comfortable new looks.
On April 3, 2017, SimGuru Graham (Graham Nardone) posted a kick-off blog for the development of a new community-guided stuff pack. The first blog post included a poll to select the general theme of the new stuff pack, and gave five options: "Eco Living Stuff", "Starter Home Stuff", "Arcade Stuff", "Dangerous Stuff", and "Wedding Stuff". After the poll closed on April 6, "Eco Living Stuff" was selected as the theme for the new stuff pack. The pack theme has a brief description:
Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy.
On April 10, 2017 through April 12, 2017, a vote was held to determine the art style for the new stuff pack. Two style options, labeled "Style A" and "Style B," were voted on; "Style B" was ultimately chosen by the voters as the pack's general art style.
Based on the selected art style for the pack, concept art for 68 separate objects, as well as several CAS assets, were designed. A third community vote, from May 18 through May 21, 2017, narrowed the included objects down from 68 to 29.
The fourth community vote to decide gameplay features, held from June 23 to June 26, resulted in laundry being selected as the main feature of the pack.
The fifth community vote to decide the name of the stuff pack, held from September 6 to September 8, resulted in the name "Laundry Day Stuff" being chosen out of four possible options: Rustic Lifestyle Stuff, Rustic Home Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, and Laundry Stuff.
The sixth community vote to decide the icon for the stuff pack, held from September 13 to September 15, presented four options: a clothespin, a pair of socks, a washing machine, and a hamper. The winning icon was a hamper.
During a live stream they confirmed that they may add a version of the door without a curtain and separate the sink and bucket to be two different objects.
On September 26, SimGuruGraham released a gif on Twitter showing a preview of the new clothesline object; the clothes gently moved in the breeze.
New gameplay additionsEdit
- Laundry system
This stuff pack includes a variety of laundry objects (washer, dryer, washtub, clothesline, clothing hamper) that allow Sims to do laundry.
This stuff pack includes a total of 49 new objects, the vast majority being country-themed.
Sims receive a range of new clothing along with new hairstyles, outfits and accessories.
- Feminine (teen to elder): 2 hairstyles, 5 tops, 1 bottom, 1 full outfit, 1 accessory, 2 shoes
- Masculine (teen to elder): 1 hairstyle, 3 tops, 2 bottoms
- Child: 1 top (both masculine and feminine), 1 full outfit (feminine)
This stuff pack includes new styled looks for Sims of both genders.
- Female (teen to elder): 4 everyday (Fresh Boho Chic, Sun-Day Best, Topped With Knots, Country Vibes)
- Male (teen to elder): 2 everyday (Comfortably Torn, Relaxed Fit)
- Child: 2 everyday (1 feminine (Ladylike Bug), 1 masculine (Woven Threads)
This stuff pack includes 4 new styled rooms (1 living room, 3 miscellaneous), designed for Sims living the rustic lifestyle.
- ↑ The Sims 4: “Laundry Day Stuff” Wins Community Title Vote
- ↑ The Sims 4: Eco Living Stuff Wins Community Vote on SimsVIP (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Your vote counts! Help us create a new Stuff Pack for The Sims 4 by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff: Official Game Description + Key Features
- ↑ You Chose the Eco Living Theme! Now Pick an Art Style by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ Stuff Pack object vote results! by SimGuru Graham on TheSims.com forums (Retrieved 5 June 2017)
- ↑ http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920674/stuff-pack-gameplay-feature-vote-results/p1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/899794773988433921
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/901289035246714884
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/902701963325747201
- ↑ http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/15/the-sims-4-laundry-day-stuff-new-rugs-screen/
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs
November 10, 2017
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure
February 27, 2018
The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff
August 24, 2017
|The Sims 4 stuff packs|| Followed by|
The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff
March 13, 2018
|The Sims series stuff packs|