|The Sims 4: Island Living|
|Escape the ordinary and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle surrounded by beaches in The Sims 4 Island Living! Explore a breezy world drenched in sun, sand, and endless fun as your Sims make their own paradise.|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)|| June 21, 2019 (PC and Mac) (Worldwide)|
July 16, 2019 (console)
|Platform(s)||Windows, OS X|
|Media||DVD or Digital (PC), Digital-only (Mac)|
The expansion pack allows Sims to live in the world of Sulani, a tropical island full of deep waters, beaches and volcanic activity. Sims can enjoy themselves in many relaxing beach activities, lounging in cool waters, or exploring the oceans by either snorkeling or canoeing, where they can even meet mermaids, a playable life state reintroduced in this pack from The Sims 3: Island Paradise. Alongside mermaids, Sims can befriend dolphins, friendly aquatic creatures. Newcomer Sims to Sulani can introduce themselves to the friendly locals, who have many interesting traditions and can teach them more about their culture through their folklore stories. A conservationist career is also introduced along with lifeguard, diver and fisherman part-time jobs.
Escape the ordinary and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle.
Explore a breezy world drenched in sun, sand and endless fun as your Sims make their own paradise in The Sims 4 Island Living. Whether they contribute to the conservation effort or prefer living off the grid, your Sims can take the plunge and enjoy what this unique culture has to offer. Embrace traditional events, wear native clothing styles or sip on some kava. It’s all part of Sulani island life.
- KEY FEATURES
Sit Back and Relax. Welcome to Sulani, where the sun shines bright and the nights are totally chill. Set sail on the glistening water in your island canoe, swim to your heart’s content, and explore the scenery on a watercraft. Build a spectacular sand castle, catch some rays and even meet a mermaid!
Pitch In or Help Out. Become a conservationist, clean up the beaches and watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island. Take to the waves in a fishing or diving career, or become a lifeguard to keep the locals safe under the sun. No career? No problem! Sims can do odd jobs or fish for their next meal.
Engage in Local Culture. Tradition runs deep on Sulani, and your Sims get to experience everything it has to offer. Immerse Sims in their newfound lifestyle by attending a pit barbecue event, learning about local folklore, tasting tropical delicacies and chatting with ancestors from the island.
Rock the Island Vibes. Dress Sims in tropical garb inspired by sun, sand and waves. Or, gear up for water activities like snorkeling and swimming. Decorate a rustic oasis with home objects and unwind at the tiki bar. Everything is chill (except for the occasional sunburn) when it’s Island Living.
World and neighborhoodsEdit
Sulani is divided into three islands.
There is the bustling Ohan'ali Town, this is where most lots on the islands reside. On this island, it was once a tiny fishing camp which was in between the tropic jungles and the lagoon waters. It's now one of the most bustling areas of Sulani. This has now developed into the main town region, this hasn't changed the deeply rooted sense of community and their strong connections to the Island traditions. Here on this island there is The Sand Bar, along with Ohan'li's own beach. Two sim families currently reside here, these are the Hoapili and the Kealoha. There are two free lots this would be the Lagoon Loook, where it's partially on the water, and the Tangled Flat.
Lani St. Taz, this is an idyllic tropical paradise where the beaches are filled with white sand, along with that the water is warm and vibrant. The lush jungle enviornments are perfect for getting lost in the timless island spirit. Some notable families that live here are the Kahananui and Ngata. There is also the Sand Simoleon Beach, which has the trait of "oceanic paradise" and a lots for your sim(s) to live in along with a free space (50x50) for you to make into whatever you want.
Mua Pel'am is situated near the active volcano. Here nature rules over this island, from the volcano to the gorgeous waterfall to the secluded cave. This remote island is the best place for exploring the beauty of nature. There are no sims that live on this island. There are currently two pre-built lots, the Admiral's Wreckage and the Caldera Camp, along with a free lot (40x30). Both Admiral's Wreckage and Key Point are "off the grid lots".
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Mermaids are like normal sims with their needs, though mermaids require hydration, to keep it up go swimming, take a bath or even drink some water. While in the water your sim is able to call upon the Azure Dolphin which takes away 30 hydration. Mermaids are also able to sunbathe and sleep while in the water.
Once an "ordinary" conch shell is blown, any mermaids nearby will go to where the conch has been blown at they'll let out a sound that's like a dolphin.
New Lot Assignment
- These Sims experience a spiritual connection to islands of Sulani. Honor the islands by partaking in their culture, summon powerful elementals and reap the reward of their blessings—or the consequences of their disfavor.
- Answer the call of the ocean! Sims with this trait will prefer water-related activities and feel closer to denizens of the sea.
New Lot Traits
- Oceanic Paradise
- Island Spirits
- Volcanic Activity
New Radio Station
- Island Radio
- Beach Life (Location) - This Sim wants to take it slow and enjoy beach life.
- Tourist - Get a Suntan · Earn Gold on a Kava Party · Eat a Coconut
- Sand-Sifter - Find Things Beachcombing · Grill, Barbecue, or Roast Food
- Leisurely Local - Explore the Beach Cave · Discover Buried Treasure
- Beach Fixture - Doze-Off while Relaxing in Lounge Chair or Float Lounger
- Reward trait: Laid-Back – Sims who are Laid-Back never become tense.
New Part-Time Jobs
- Taro Root
- Kava Root
- Tropical Fish
- Buried Treasure
- Underwater Photos
Other New Features
- Ocean swimming
- Residential beach lots
- Pier ladders
- Building sand castles
- Suntanning/Sun burning
- Volcanic activity, such as eruptions
- Odd jobs
- Elemental spirits
- Kava parties
- This is the second expansion pack for The Sims 4 to include a playable life state, the first being The Sims 4: Get to Work.
- Island Living was supposed to be the first content pack for The Sims 4 to be compatible only with 64-bit operating systems. However, SimGuruDuke later confirmed in Twitter that the legacy edition has been postponed to allow everyone to play the expansion and that Island Living still supports 32-bit.
- This is the first expansion pack for The Sims 4 to not have a launch trailer as well as being the first to not release a launch trailer since The Sims 2: Apartment Life.
- Mark Buys - Solomon Beach Party
- Jeremy Sherman - Hawaii Bounce
- Frank Mizen - On The Island
- Lincoln Grounds - Be Pacific
- Bruce Maginnis - Tutira Mai Nga Iwi
- Tom Fox - Oceania
- Jacen Touchstone - Mora Mora
- KAI KAIPO - KAOLA UBULOO
- Nui Nui - oo Maroo
- Zara Larsson - All The Time
- Au/Ra - Emoji
- BC Kingdom - Reverse N Stop
- Maisie Peters - Stay Young
- Olivia Dean - Cheer Up Love
- Zuzu - How It Feels
- Wovoka Gentle - Peculiar Form of Sleep
- Hans of Ten Hands - Beach Beach Weee
- Unicorn Hunter - Boogie Boardin Stasis
- ↑ The Sims 4 Island Living: First Screenshots + Game Description
- ↑ The Sims 4 Island Living Now Available on Consoles
- ↑ 
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: StrangerVille
February 26, 2019
|The Sims series PC games||Latest release|
for The Sims 4
The Sims 4: Get Famous
November 16, 2018
|The Sims 4 expansion packs||Latest expansion pack|
for The Sims 4
|The Sims series expansion packs|