|The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
|Box art for The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)||July 22, 2021|
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S|
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements on TheSims.com|
|Themes||Farming, Nature, Outdoor|
|Creatures||Bunny, Chicken, Cow, Fox, Llama, Wild bird|
The expansion is focused on country life, and includes various animals such as cows, chickens, llamas, wild birds, rabbits and foxes. It also features an England-inspired rural world of Henford-on-Bagley. The pack includes elements of The Sims: Unleashed, The Sims 2: Seasons, The Sims 3: Pets and farming sets from The Sims 3 Store.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Raise or Befriend Animals – The cottage cow provides fresh (flavored!) milk for everyone while chickens lay eggs in the coop. Gather llama wool for crafts, but beware of mischievous foxes – the pesky critters love eggs! In the forest, keep an eye out for wildlife like rabbits and birds to earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.
Live Off the Land – Make cooking and gardening fun for the whole family. New recipes and Lot Challenges require fresh ingredients for each meal. Whether Sims grow their own produce, visit the village market, or forage in the wild, fresh is best! Up for a challenge? Try growing oversized crops to enter into the competition at the Finchwick Fair.
Embrace Village Life – Henford-on-Bagley is a cozy village where everyone knows everyone. So pack a picnic basket and cross-stitch hoop, and head down to The Gnome’s Arms pub to kick back with the locals after a long day. Earn unique gifts and learn about the town’s lore from neighbors, or participate in the Finchwick Fair to show off your most prized cow or chicken.
New features[edit | edit source]
Worlds and neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
The expansion includes a new world - Henford-on-Bagley. It is a rural, UK countryside-inspired world with three neighborhoods and 12 lots.
New additions[edit | edit source]
- Animal sheds
- Cans of food and jam jars
- Chicken coop
- Embroidery hoop
- Food stalls
- Picnic basket
- Rabbit hole
- Animal Enthusiast
- Chicken egg
- Cow milk
- Llama wool
- Collecting eggs, feeding, and hatching chickens
- Milking cows
- Cutting wool from llamas
- Befriending birds, and wild bunnies
- Growing large and oversized produce
- Participating in the Finchwick Fair
- Ordering groceries
- Teaching children how to cook
- Having picnics
- Crafting with wool
- Canning farmed goods to keep fresh
New Lot Challenges
- Simple Living lot challenge - Makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory. Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries, borrow some milk and eggs from your animals, and keep your garden full.
- Wild Foxes lot challenge - This makes foxes more prevalent on a lot. They can often be seen lurking around, trying to steal eggs from chicken coops or attack bunnies.
- Bangers and mash
- Beef wellington
- Canned food
- Jars of jam
- Milk bread
- Yorkshire pudding
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first pack in The Sims series to be exclusively focused on farming.
- This is the first pack from The Sims 4 with a pre-order bonus. The last game in The Sims series to include such a bonus was The Sims 3: Into the Future.
- For the first time in The Sims series, llamas make their physical appearance in the game as functional animals. They have only been referenced in the past titles.
- The reveal trailer features a Simlish version of "Be Sweet" by Japanese Breakfast.
- This pack introduces a brand new family member to the Crumplebottom family, named Agatha Crumplebottom.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator
June 1, 2021
|The Sims series PC games||Latest release|
for The Sims 4
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape
November 13, 2020
|The Sims 4 expansion packs||Latest expansion pack|
for The Sims 4
|The Sims series expansion packs|