|The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
|Box art for The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
|Developer(s)||Maxis, The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)||July 22, 2021|
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S|
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements on TheSims.com|
|Themes||Farming, Nature, Outdoor|
|Creatures||Chicken, Cow, Fox, Llama, Rabbit, Wild bird|
The expansion is focused on country life, and includes various animals such as cows, chickens, llamas, wild birds, rabbits and foxes. It also features an England-inspired rural world of Henford-on-Bagley. The pack includes elements of The Sims: Unleashed, The Sims 2: Seasons, The Sims 3: Pets and farming sets from The Sims 3 Store.
Raise or Befriend Animals – The cottage cow provides fresh (flavored!) milk for everyone while chickens lay eggs in the coop. Gather llama wool for crafts, but beware of mischievous foxes – the pesky critters love eggs! In the forest, keep an eye out for wildlife like rabbits and birds to earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.
Live Off the Land – Make cooking and gardening fun for the whole family. New recipes and Lot Challenges require fresh ingredients for each meal. Whether Sims grow their own produce, visit the village market, or forage in the wild, fresh is best! Up for a challenge? Try growing oversized crops to enter into the competition at the Finchwick Fair.
Embrace Village Life – Henford-on-Bagley is a cozy village where everyone knows everyone. So pack a picnic basket and cross-stitch hoop, and head down to The Gnome’s Arms pub to kick back with the locals after a long day. Earn unique gifts and learn about the town’s lore from neighbors, or participate in the Finchwick Fair to show off your most prized cow or chicken.
Worlds and neighborhoods
The expansion includes a new world - Henford-on-Bagley. It is a rural, UK countryside-inspired world with three neighborhoods and 12 lots.
- Animal enthusiast - These Sims are obsessed with animals, and will seek their company often. They will have an easier time caring for animals and getting closer to them.
- Lactose intolerant - These Sims will become sick if they eat dairy, but will feel great if they have avoided it for a while.
- Country Caretaker (Nature) - Country Caretakers want to tend the countryside and befriend all animals and critters!
- Campestral Curator - Purchase 1 Cow, Chicken, or Llama on Your Home Lot · Socialize with a Fox, Rabbit, or Bird 5 Times · Purchase 1 Garden Patch for Your Home Lot · Visit Finchwick, Old New Henford, and the Bramblewood Neighborhoods in Henford-on-Bagley
- Agrestic Savant - Befriend a Chicken, Cow, or Llama · Place 1 Wild Rabbit Home or Flock of Wild Birds on your Home Lot · Fertilize 3 Plants or Oversized Crops
- Critter Keeper - Give 3 Gifts to Foxes, Rabbits, or Birds · Craft Animal Treats 5 Times · Harvest 1 Perfect Quality Oversized Crop · Forage 5 Items from the Bramblewood
- Legendairy - Reach Maximum Relationship with a Cow, Chicken, or Llama · Receive 3 Gifts from Rabbits or Birds · Win a Competition in Henford-on-Bagley's Finchwick Fair
- Reward trait: Nature Conversationalist - Nature Conversationalist Sims have improved relationships with animals, allowing their animals to live longer, happier lives. Rabbits and birds will bring them more gifts. And they can interact with plants in unique ways, receiving more yield from harvests. They will also receive free grocery delivery, and, when residing in Henford-on Bagley, a discount on their bills.
New radio station
- Agatha Crumplebottom (Shopkeeper)
- Agnes Crumplebottom (Shopkeeper)
- Michael Bell (Creature Keeper)
- Kim Goldbloom (Shopkeeper)
- Lavina Chopra (Mayor)
- Rahul Chopra (Grocery Deliverer)
- Chicken egg
- Cow milk
- Llama wool
- Befriending birds, and wild bunnies
- Crafting with wool
- Collecting eggs, feeding, and hatching chickens
- Growing large and oversized produce
- Having picnics
- Milking cows
- Ordering groceries
- Participating in the Finchwick Fair
- Shearing wool from llamas
- Running errands for the locals
New lot challenges
- Simple Living lot challenge - Makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you've got in your inventory. Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries, borrow some milk and eggs from your animals, and keep your garden full.
- Wild Foxes lot challenge - This makes foxes more prevalent on a lot. They can often be seen lurking around, trying to steal eggs from chicken coops or attack bunnies.
- Bangers and mash
- Beef wellington
- Canned food
- Jars of jam
- Milk bread
- Yorkshire pudding
New types of death
- Death by Killer Chicken
- Death by Killer Rabbit
- This is the first pack in The Sims series to be exclusively focused on ranching.
- This is the first pack from The Sims 4 with a pre-order bonus. The last game in The Sims series to include such a bonus was The Sims 3: Into the Future.
- For the first time in The Sims series, llamas make their physical appearance in the game as functional animals. They have only been referenced in the past titles.
- The reveal trailer features a Simlish version of "Be Sweet" by Japanese Breakfast.
- This pack introduces a brand new family member to the Crumplebottom family, named Agatha Crumplebottom.
- Just like The Sims 4: Snowy Escape, a physical edition wasn't released in Australia. A digital download for the Play Station 4 was never released by EB Games Australia unlike The Sims 4: Snowy Escape.
- This is the second pack in The Sims 4 with a male same sex relationship since The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs, and overall the 4th same sex couple in The Sims 4.
- MAY A - Apricots
- Japanese Breakfast - Be Sweet
- Osei The Seventh - Café Delux
- Julien Baker - Faith Healer
- Kari Kimmel - Forever To Hold
- Lucy Dacus - Hot & Heavy
- Vagabon - In A Bind (Batry Powr Remix)
- Beabadoobee - Last Day on Earth
- Lexi Jayde - Newbury Park
- Sara Kays - Remember That Night?
- Chloe Kat - Zooboe Bryyboe
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator
June 1, 2021
|The Sims series PC games||Latest release|
for The Sims 4
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape
November 13, 2020
|The Sims 4 expansion packs||Latest expansion pack|
for The Sims 4
|The Sims series expansion packs|