The 99th update for The Sims 4 was released on July 23, 2020. It updated the game to version 184.108.40.2060 for PC, version 220.127.116.110 for macOS and version 1.29 for console.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Are you ready to Get Knitty With It? I hope so, because The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack will be available next week. While you wait we invite you to relax in your favorite rocking chair and envision a not-so-distant future filled with digital sweaters, socks, plant hangers, and baby onesies. And when you’re done with that why not peruse these patch notes to see what’s new?
In this update we have addressed a few issues and we have made two small additions to the Base Game.
You can now name your cowplant! Because cowplants are a member of the family, too. The kind that eats other family members, but that doesn’t mean we love them any less. It does mean we sometimes have to lock the door to their room to make sure no accidents occur (or unlock the door when playing the Black Widow challenge…)
The popular Base Game inset ceiling light, The Subtle Saucer Light, now comes in a smaller version, The Super Subtle Saucer Light. This is something builders and machinima makers have asked for and we’re happy to deliver. We’ve also lowered the price to a mere 50 Simoleons to make these more accessible when building starter homes.
-SimGuruSarah Ft. SimGuruRusskii
Now onto the fixes:
- Fixed an issue that made Body Shapes and Skin Tones in Create a Sim to be highlighted as if they were newly added in game.
- Fixed an issue that made the Nerd Brain Aspiration’s goal to Upgrade or Repair any bed to not be completed. Upgrade away!
- Error Code 134:54350669, Error Code 134:b378c837’s evil twin, has been defeated… for now.
- Fixed an issue for Consoles that made the Control Layouts be covered by in game messaging. Similarly, we fixed some buttons in the display that would show incorrectly per context.
- Has this ever happened to you? Your Sims are in the privacy of their bathroom, and suddenly there is the smell of smoke? If your Sims have experienced a... “burning sensation” while satisfying their Bladder need - no more! Thanks to F1xABuG*. F1xABuG deals with all symptoms of flammable bladder functions, patch today!
*F1xABuG will not relieve all fire related incidents while in the bathroom, Sims still will possibly experience flammable encounters if they are Angry or have had Spicy Food. Fire may also still be experienced if Simmers have installed Eco Lifestyle and choose to Compost upgraded toilets with no Insect Farm on Lot. F1xABuG is not responsible for any other side effects, such as Reticulating Splines.
Cats & Dogs
- We trained our Cats and Dogs extra hard so that they do not disappear from your Lots to others randomly. They are all good and best boys and girls, 15/10 will pet them all again.
- Summer Strut and Winter Holiday Radio Stations have changed conditions in which they will award related Moodlets. Summer Strut will do so only during the Summer and Winter Holiday during the Winter. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.
- Fixed an issue that did not allow all the color variants for the Create-a-Sim Freelance Maker Career to unlock when earned.
- NPC Sims will no longer follow enacted policies in their home neighborhood if Sims travel to another neighborhood or world before the voting period ends.
- The “Angled Staring Window - by Distended Window Inc.” has been fixed to render properly… no longer it will look like part of it is missing for sure!
- Fixed an issue that made custom music to not play when added to the Americana Radio Station.
- Added some clarification to the Instant Enact N.A.P Water Conservation informational tooltips so that Simmers can have more information about the actual benefits of the policy. An informed Simmer is the best policy I say.
- Fixed an issue with the Eco Innovator and Master Maker’s Aspiration icons, now they actually look Gold in color.
- Made a correction on the health status text for insects in the Insect Farms. Insects are not actually “Dead” if Simmers neglect them, but they become “Miserable.” Treat them right.
- Fixed an issue in which apartments in Evergreen Harbor displayed gaps between stairs when playing in Low Medium graphics settings.
- New Age Radio Station has changed conditions in which it gives the Focused Moodlet, Sims must already be listening to the New Age Station. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.
- Fixed an issue that made custom music to not play when added to the Strange Tunes Radio Station.
- Fixed an issue that Tiny Living’s toddler hair options in Create a Sim would clip if Season’s asset puHat_EP05Trucker would be used with them.