The 69th update to The Sims 4 was released on June 26, 2018. It updated the game to version 188.8.131.520 for PC and version 184.108.40.2060 for Mac OS.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
With the launch of Seasons we encountered a few issues we weren’t expecting and wanted to quickly address as many issues as possible. We’re still following up on several community reports, so if you know of an issue that isn’t listed here, be sure to engage with us on the Forums or social media to continue the conversations.
- Base Game
- We addressed an issue where fireplaces wouldn’t remain lit. Now, they should remain lit, and if they could talk, they would probably tell their friends “come thru, it’s lit.” Because it’ll literally be lit.
- We addressed some cases where players were experiencing severe lag when placing wallpapers in build mode.
- They always say the grass is greener on the other side, but here at Maxis we try to innovate, and unfortunately we made the grass really brown in some cases, even if you don’t have Seasons installed. We’ve now returned to our regularly scheduled green grass.
- Spliced plants now have a proper description so you know what comprises their genetic makeup.
- The underside of roof eaves no longer have texture.
- Plants were growing a bit too wildly out and about in the world. We’ve scaled them back with some digital, organic, completely sustainable pesticide.
- In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:
- Plants inside a planter box can now receive water again.
- Get to Work
- As expected, any objects placed in the Modern Metallic Illuminated Display Case can now be moved, removed, and so forth.
- Calendar events will now occur on the day for which you planned them, thus ending centuries of debate on the purpose of a calendar.
- Player created events will now appear on the calendar as expected.
- NOTE: As a result of some calendar improvements, the dates for some of your currently scheduled events MAY change, but this will only happen once.
- In an unexpectedly diabolical twist, Sims were hosting pool parties in the winter and their guests were freezing to death. Yikes! Sims invited to the pool party are now immune to the effects of the cold during the party.
- We fixed an audio issue when Teen Sims plead for Forgiveness on gnomes.