The 61st update to The Sims 4 was released on January 11, 2018. It updated the game to version 126.96.36.1990 for PC and version 188.8.131.520 for Mac OS.
Happy New Year!
I always feel a little wrung out after a long holiday break. Like I was just hanging around, tossed on the pile of things left undone, and I need a vacation from my vacation, just to freshen up, clean the lint from my eyes. Maybe put a little spin in my step, to help keep me from tumbling about. But let’s not sort through these feelings now. Just fold those up for another time. We have a new pack around the corner, and among the things on our laundry list…
…we cleaned up some stuff!
- General Issues
- The Computer Hard Drive career reward will now give a focused décor buff when enabling its emotional aura.
- The Pile of Discarded Food that results when a toddler throws their food on the ground after eating will no longer be called “Debug”, but instead will be called a “Pile of Discarded Food” when selected in Build Mode.
- The Tell Funny Story to Toddler whim is now successfully fulfillable.
- They get it now.
- You will now be given enough time to take care of your neglected baby after the warning “you neglected your baby” notification appears.
- Earbuds and Holiday Crackers are no longer available to purchase from a computer while the power is out.
- We fixed the coloring of the yfHair_EF06PonytailStraightBangs_DirtyBlonde asset to match other dirty blonde hairs.
What do you call a solar powered clothes dryer? A clothesline.
- Get to Work
- Sims will no longer receive an uncomfortable buff from sleeping on The Solitary Sleeper bed.
- Cool Kitchen Stuff
- Picking Up a Serving from a bowl of ice cream should no longer cause the ice cream to appear and behave as the Amarena Gelato flavor, but instead as the flavor intended by the bowls contents.
- Movie Hangout Stuff
- Sims with the Fresh Chef trait can now make popcorn that will never spoil!
- I’d fill my whole house with popcorn… never spoils popcorn everywhere… just everywhere. With that kind of real genius, I wouldn’t want to rule the world… no fears, no tears… just popcorn.
- Romantic Garden Stuff
- Sims can now nap on the Fountain of Gluteus Maximus.
- I tend to nap on my gluteus maximus already.
What do you call a solar powered washer? If you said your mom, shame on you!
- Backyard Stuff
- Sims instructed to slide on a slippy slide should no longer quit unexpectedly after a single slide.
- Vintage Glamour Stuff
- Food prepared by butlers can now be live dragged into inventories.
- Bowling Night Stuff
- We have updated various build object tooltips to properly indicate their quality, comfort, and skill modification levels.
- Fitness Stuff
- Sims should no longer get in and out of bed continuously when they attempt to sleep while wearing the earbuds.
- What’s that? Honey, did you hear that? Someone is outside singing… it sounds like In Your Eyes… no, probably not… let me get back to… I’ll just sleep… wait, was that Iggy?
- Lullabies Radio, Easy Listening, and Jazz stations are available to turn on when using earbuds.
Best of luck in your attempts to keep things clean, in a world of ever growing piles of dirty laundry. May your socks always find a match, your laundry never be damp, because it’s less work to dry than it is to fold, and your lint catcher be ever vigilant.