The 31st patch for The Sims 4 was released on March 22, 2016. It updates the game to version 188.8.131.520 on PC and 184.108.40.2060 on Mac.
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
How is everything?
We have a small bit of something here in this release… and I know, reading your responses to the announcement, that there are some questions. So, let me see if I can give you some information.
First off, let’s talk about the new stuff. It’s Spring, and there is a Spring Challenge!
Jasmine Holiday, our new Challenge Coordinator, is waiting for you at the community gardens found in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. And she is looking for your help in gathering growfruit… turns out she needs a lot.
Bring her 20 growfruit and she’ll give you a new planter. Bring her a perfect growfruit, and she’ll give you the bedazzled planter. Jasmine also has a limited supply of super fertilizer that she is willing to share with you to help you grow that perfect growfruit.
We’ve also added back the Egg Challenge from last year. Now with 2 new eggs added to the mix. Gather all 12 from around the world to unlock a stuffed bunny!
- For those that unlocked the stuffed bunny last year – it’s still there along with the new bunny look added to its color options!
Ok, so the couple of questions that may come to mind (or did already get asked), that I can help address here.
- Will Jasmine remain after the challenge?
- Jasmine is just around for the challenge, she is our Challenge Coordinator and is very busy.
- Will she be back?
- I’m glad you asked that…
Other questions that may come up…
- What about the eggs and the growfruit, will they stay around?
- We will not be removing anything you have found, but like last time, the eggs will no longer be scattered about for you to find.
- The growfruit will still grow on your trees, can be planted, and harvested… however with Jasmine departing, you will not be able to buy new seeds.
We also have some issues that have been addressed:
- Gallery lots that have been bulldozed will no longer maintain the pre-bulldozed "original by" information when uploaded to the Gallery.
- Gallery uploads that are using custom thumbnails will now be marked as custom content.
- Sims will now finish reading a book!
- Using moo, to moove wall objects that have a "preferred" height (wall book shelves, mirrors), will no longer reset their position when picking them up from their new moo position.
- Ok…how many of you read that as “new moo poo-sition”?
- Mooving a room that has moo'd objects within it, will no longer incorrectly reset or place in inventory, the moo’d moved objects.
- "Using the cupcake machine (OF DOOM*) will now count towards your daily requirement to prepare food in the culinary career (OF DOOM*).
- OF DOOM references are for enhanced reading experience only, and are not present in game. Sound fx have not been added post editing. AA batteries sold separately. Batteries however are not required for your text reading experience, unless you are reading on an ancient hand held device that actually runs on AA batteries. In which case I apologize for the “ancient” reference.
- Ownership of an activity table, in regards to the completion of the "Have an Activity Table" aspirational goal of the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, no longer fails if the ownership occurred prior or post to the goals presence.
- “Perform Routine in Space” will now properly count towards the “Perform 3 Comedy Routines” aspirational goal for Joke Star aspiration.
- … pigs in space…
- For no reason except to date myself…
- … pigs in space…
- The whim “Send Happy Text” will now properly complete if the interaction is initiated from the phone menu.
- Becoming friends with siblings (who are of the child age) will now properly track against the "Become Friends with 3 Other Children" goal of the Social Butterfly aspiration.
- Ultra or Super (fanatical, rabid, outlandish, drastic, ludicrous,…. )… Ludicrous speed (also known as Super Speed) should now properly work when Sims sleep or nap in a tent.
- Dragging a stack of inventory items from one Sim to another Sim, should now properly drag the stack.
- Interesting data point… knowledge that dragging from one Sims inventory to another Sim inventory was possible in The Sims 4 - less than 0.5% of players.
- After a small debate, yoga has emerged victorious - and the Yoga Mat now counts as a piece of workout equipment when attempting to complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration.
- On an unrelated side note, the original engineer would like to know the number of a good chiropractor.
- The “Light a Bonfire” whim should no longer appear if there is no bonfire near.
- The whim "Dance to Stereo Music" will now properly complete if the Sim dances to music from the DJ booth.
Wishing you enjoyment in game and out,