|The Sims 3 for Nintendo 3DS|
|Play with life|
|Developer(s)||The Sims Division|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||INT March 25, 2011|
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|Neighborhoods||Nintendo 3DS neighborhood|
For the first time ever, players can experience a full life simulation in 3D with Nintendo 3DS.
Create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living neighborhood that you can customize. Unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims: help your Sim get lucky with the power of “love connector”, bless them with the power of “age defiler” or "instant beauty" or curse them with an "instant enemy". Use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results! As you guide your Sims through life, you can complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- It features a new Karma system.
- "Create any Sim you can imagine – give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims’ appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different."
- "Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love—or take it all away with the click of a button."
- "Control your Sims’ destinies – Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true—or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be rock stars, world leaders, or expert thieves? It’s up to you."
- Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- New camera angles that take advantage of the 3D view.
- Face-mapping feature.
- Players being able to take a photo of themselves and have their Sim look like them, similar to the function on the Nintendo 3DS's Mii Maker.
The trailer for The Sims 3 for Nintendo 3DS was released on March 23, 2011, and shows many features from previous The Sims games, such as Karma Powers, Create a Sim, Build mode, and socialization. It also shows features exclusive to the N3DS version, emphasizing the 3D capability, and showing that it is possible to take a picture of a real-life person and have them created as a Sim, and trading Sims with the Nintendo StreetPass.
- The idea of Karma is taken from the Hindu religion. However, the Western interpretation of the term more accurately describes the Karma system in the game.
- Although The Sims 3 for DS is region free, The Sims 3 for 3DS is region locked.
- Both this game and the 3DS version of The Sims 3 Pets were on Origin but has been removed. A thread which no longer exists discussed this.
- This game comes with a neighborhood, however the neighborhood is unnamed. The neighborhood comes with several townies/NPCs. If you befriend the townies, you can unlock their outfits and hairstyles.
- Unlike The sims 3 for DS, this game removed the open world feature.
- There are images from 2010 that showcased beta footage of the game.
- EA Announces The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "EA Announces" defined multiple times with different content
- First Details on The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS
- Infinite Sims - Gamescom: The Sims 3 on Nintendo 3DS Features
- 3DS-Online: The Sims 3 Gamescom 3DS preview