The Sims 3: Late Night is the confirmed third expansion pack for The Sims 3. It was confirmed on July 20, 2010 at EA's Studio Showcase. It was previously rumored under the name After Dark. Its announced features are reminiscent of features also included in The Sims: Hot Date, The Sims 2: Nightlife, The Sims: Superstar, and The Urbz: Sims in the City.
Get The Party Started! VIP Treatment In Dynamic Urban Setting Filled with High Rise Homes, Parties, Celebrities, Bars…and Even Vampires!
The Sims players will soon have a reason to stay out late on the town! The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts will release this fall The Sims™ 3 Late Night Expansion pack*, the newest expansion to The Sims 3, the best-selling PC game of 2009*.
The Sims 3 Late Night gives players all-access to and lets them loose on a vibrant, active downtown scene where they’ll rub elbows with celebrities at the hottest parties, hit the local bar after work, tour the scene with their Sims’ band, kick back in a plush hot tub, and discover what’s lurking as the lights go out and adventure begins after dark.
Players will be able to take their Sims into the bustling urban setting where they’ll be able to become local celebrities, members of music bands, mixologists, directors, and more. To gain entrance into the most elite clubs in town, Sims need to keep their attitude in check, otherwise they’ll be given the cold shoulder by tough bouncers -or they can find another way onto the list. If chilling is the player’s forte, their Sims can lounge at a chic club or dive bar. Or, if they like to live on the edge, they can discover the secret of becoming a vampire.
Whether embarking on a new career, painting the town red, or throwing a party on the rooftop of a penthouse, it’s always up to the player to tell their unique stories with The Sims 3. What will happen when the lights go out and Sims get all access?
Late Night has been featured at a few real-life and internet events.
2010 EA Studio Showcase
EA holds an annual Studio Showcase where upcoming games are featured. This page show the Late Night segment for 2010. The video was originally available for live streaming through Gamespot at 1 PM PST (21:00 UTC) and was archived at the same address afterwards.
Twitter with Grant Rodiek
GamesCom is the largest trade fair and event highlight for interactive games and entertainment. It is based in Germany, Cologne.
The event will run from August 18-22, 2010.
- Unleash your Sims in more interesting and unpredictable social situations! Schmooze with celebrities on the rooftop of a skyscraper, woo the crowd with your Sims’s band, or be the best bartender in town at the hottest new lounge
- Hang out at the hippest spots in town, from dive bars to dance clubs to chic lounges, complete with bouncers
- Gain fame and fortune as a member of a music band, mixologist, director, or local celebrity
- Wander into a certain part of town and your Sims just might uncover the secret to becoming a vampire
- Gain access to exclusive areas and enjoy celebrity perks like penthouse living, luxury hot tubs and cars
- New Town: Bridgeport.
- Returning Life State: Vampire
- Vampire genetics, families and hang outs
- New NPC's: Musicians, Dilettantes, Celebrities, Butlers, Bouncers.
- New build tools, including penthouse lofts , mini stages, curved pools, fountain tool, half-walls.
- Returning objects: Hot tubs, Drums, Pianos, Bass , Darts, Dance floors,and keyboards.
- New items/objects: Plasma packs, Plasma fruits, FX machine: creates smoke, bubble, glitter, fire and snow effects, disco balls, Shuffleboard, laser machine, bubble bars, arcade machines.
- New ways to WooHoo around town
- New Forming bands.
- New jobs/careers: Mixologist, Film (Director Branch and Actor Branch)
- New Skills: Piano, Bass, Drums, Mixology.
- New buildings: high-rise apartments for Sims to live in  and all new clubs.
- Transportation: Elevators , Subway/Underground System
- Traits: Shy and Star Quality
- CAS: New body sliders for muscles (male & female), breast (female) new hair styles and clothes
- New Recipes: Hot wings, Nachos and more. Drinks: different drinks have different mood effects.
- New interactions: make a move, sit and talk while drinking.
- NPC hosted parties
- A Sim who is a celebrity can attempt to escape the paparazzi
- A Sim who is a celebrity can welcome the paparazzi, but they might expose their private life
- Real world celebrities are not planned
- Sims can have a day-job and still make Simoleons at night
- If the club has a bouncer, Sims can sneak in, bribe, hack their way in or get in with celebrity status.
- Some nightclubs will have a VIP-section
“You have to find a vampire in the world, befriend it, and then ask it to turn you into a vampire. You can then turn other Sims into vampires,” explains Newman. Late Night also includes a new Blood Line system, which will let you pass your vampirism onto your offspring. “So if a vampire and a vampire mate, it will for sure be a vampire baby. But if a vampire and a non-vampire mate, it might be a vampire or it might be a Sim. There’s no half-vampire, half-Sim babies.” And what will you feed on once you’ve become a creature of the night? “They quench their thirst by eating plasma packs, drinking plasma from other Sims, or growing rare and awesome plasma fruits.”
Short interview with Angie Newman, EA Representative
- Vampires sleep during the day and live longer than normal Sims
- They will sleep in a bed or a special altar rather than a coffin.
- Vampires are no longer immortal but live longer than normal Sims.
- Unlike in The Sims 2: Nightlife, they will not die from Sunlight, but they will get blisters, start smoking a bit, complain about heat, and temporarily lose their powers.
- The vampire hangout is called "the Plasma 501"
- Hunt - Gives Sims a thermal aura around them
- Make Sim think of you - Makes a target Sim think of you
- Read mind - Might reveal some of a Sim's traits
- Super speed and endurance - Can dash from one point to another in few seconds with little effort
Only a single artist has been announced for Late Night so far, though others have been rumored and announced by the artists themselves.
|Travie McCoy||Need you||noicon|||
- EA's studio showcase.
- The Sims game rumors.
- After Dark Screenshot.
- Comparison between The Sims 2: Nightlife and The Sims 3: Late Night
- News announcement on TheSims3.com
- Official Press Release on EA.com
- The Sims 3 Late Night at EA Games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Sims 3 Late Night – fact sheet at SimPrograms
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 While the game is not officially rated yet it is highly likely that it will get the same rating as previous installments in this series.
- ↑ Press Release
- ↑ The Sims 3 Late Night at EA Games.
- ↑ Cite error: The named reference
gamespot_showcasewas invoked but never defined
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack! at TheSims3.com
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 See The Sims 3: Late Night/studio showcase.
- ↑ –noun 1. a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for amusement, esp. in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler. 2. a lover of an art or science, esp. of a fine art. (according to Dictionary.com)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 Gameguru interview at Prosims Russian (English translation)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 How to become a vampire and make vampire babies in The Sims 3: Late Night
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 GamesCom 2010: Late Night preview at IGN.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 GameSpot - The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack Impressions
- ↑ El33tonline Exclusive Q & A with Associate Producer of The Sims 3
- ↑ Elevator tweet 07/29/10
- ↑ tweet regarding subways
- ↑ tweet regarding new CAS sliders 07/29/10
- ↑ tweet from Grant Rodiek
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 Interview Les Sims 3 : Accès VIP french (English translation)
- ↑ Hadouken!'s Twitter
- ↑ Hadouken! Re amendment Tweet
- ↑ Travis McCoy's Twitter
- ↑ Aeroplane: 'I don't mind being by myself' at The Guardian.