|The Sims 3: Island Paradise|
|Play With Your Own Island Paradise!|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||NA June 25, 2013|
GB June 28, 2013
EU June 27, 2013
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|Media||DVD, Digital Download|
|System requirements||Minimum Hardware Requirements on TheSims3.com|
|Input methods||Keyboard, mouse|
|Themes||Vacation, Island life|
The Sims 3: Island Paradise is the tenth expansion pack for The Sims 3. It was announced during a live event and press conference in January 2013, and was released on June 25, 2013 in the US.
Island Paradise is about giving the Sims paradise and experiencing it. It is vacation-themed, similarly to The Sims: Vacation, The Sims 2: Bon Voyage and the first expansion pack The Sims 3, World Adventures. It has a new world which is named Isla Paradiso, an archipelago with islands to explore.
Description[edit | edit source]
Island adventures in paradise await your Sims! From exploring the isles in fully customizable houseboats to creating a five-star resort experience, your Sims will love the carefree tropical lifestyle. Nautical Sims can set sail between islands and dive underwater to uncover sunken treasure—or maybe even befriend a mermaid! With innovative features never before seen in The Sims PC franchise and a world of new possibilities on land and in sea, your Sims will reap the benefits of their own island paradise.
Game Features[edit | edit source]
- Set sail for adventure: Your Sims can now take off across the waves to discover new islands and explore like never before, whether by paddleboat, speedboat, or fully customizable houseboat! What will you discover?
- Build the best resort in the islands: Specialize in waterslides and buffet tables to attract families, build pool bars where single Sims can meet and flirt, or create a romantic retreat dotted with bungalows. How you choose your amenities and set your prices will affect your reviews and profits. Get a high enough star rating, and you’ll soon be rolling in Simoleons!
- Life is a beach: See what surprises await beneath the sea! As your Sims build their snorkeling and scuba diving skills, they may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover a long-lost treasure.
- Boat sweet boat: Whether your Sims love the water or just love exploring, there is a range of fully customizable houseboats that can be moved to any open port. If your Sims tire of the view, they can just cruise on to a new locale!
- New ways to build: New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that’s partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create traveling houseboats, and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!
These features are confirmed by the developers from the first live broadcast after it was announced.
- Sims can travel by sea in boats, from island to island in a world.
- Players can create and customize houseboats in build and buy mode and Sims can live on them just like regular houses.
- They can also customize normal boats.
- There are many different types of boats, some of which are sailboats, paddle boats and speed boats.
- Sims can go underwater and discover new collectibles, such as sea shells and marine life using scuba diving and snorkeling skills.
- New types of fish, sharks, and kraken.
- Sims can go scuba diving, but only in underwater lots.
- Resort System
- Players can build resorts and Sims will be able to own/run their own resort.
- Resorts can range from bungalows to high-class hotels.
- Sims earn simoleons by running resorts.
- A Sim's success depends on the resort's popularity and its reviews.
- Maintenance workers can be hired to keep resorts clean, and their outfits for work can be designed for each one of them.
- New types of land which means you can build right over the beach.
- Houseboat Residence
- Perfect for resorts and mermaids who want to fund an easy route to get to the water.
- New WooHoo Locations
- Underwater cave
- All-in-one bathroom
- Resort tower
- New Career
- New Deaths
- Death by Shark Attack
- Death by Running out of Air (while Scuba Diving)
- Death by Dehydration (Mermaids only)
- New Traits
- New Radio Stations
- Island Life
- Beach Party
- New Create-a-Sim Items
|Male Adult/Young Adult/Teen|
|Female Adult/Young Adult/Teen|
- New Lifetime Rewards
- Strong Stomach - Nausea and seasickness are things of the past! (2,000 points)
- Lungs of Steel - Go Scuba Diving without the fear of running out of air. (15,000 points) (Not available to mermaids)
- Hotel Mogul - Learn to squeeze every ounce of profitability out of your resorts. Hotel Moguls receive a bonus on all resort income. (15,000 points)
- Mermadic Kelp - Gives you a bite-sized bit of Mermadic Kelp strong enough to bring out the fish in any Sim. (25,000 points)
- Uncharted Island Map - If there is an uncharted island to be found, this map will surely reveal it. (25,000 points)
- Friend of the Kraken - The fearsome Kraken bows to your will! Boats that you are on will never be targeted by the Kraken. You can also order the Kraken to wreak havoc on any boat that you wish. (30,000 points)
- Permanent Mermaid - Your Mermaid Sim no longer needs frequent swimming sessions in order to maintain her fish-like features. (Mermaids only)
- New Lifetime Wishes
- Deep Sea Diver - The bottom of the ocean hides treasures and creatures never seen by land dwelling Sims. Only the bravest and foolhardy divers can survive the deadly deep searching for underwater riches. Be sure to bring your oxygen tank!
- Master the Diving Skill.
- Earn 40,000 Simoleons from Selling Diving Collectables.
- Resort Empire - To become a true hotel mogul, your Sim will need to manage employees, maintain a profit, and always satisfy patrons. Once your Sim has created the perfect resort empire, travelers from all around will flock for a chance to stay at your luxurious getaway.
- Own a Five Star Resort.
- Collect 40,000 Simoleons in Resort Profit.
- Seaside Savior - Anyone can be a lifeguard, but a Sim that rescues drowning Sims is a true hero! Be a hero in your town.
- Rescue 50 Sims as a Lifeguard.
- Grand Explorer - There are mysterious lands yet to be charted by any Sim. To find them, your Sim must set sail, brave the high seas, and dive the deepest oceans. Search high and low for these uncharted islands and claim them as your own!
- Own all Uncharted Islands.
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Island Paradise was announced as one of the line-ups of 2013 in The Sims series via a press release. During the broadcast, it was stated that the expansion pack is still in the early development stage and only one screenshot was shown. It has been said that it will be released on June 25, 2013 in North America, June 27 in Europe and June 28 in the United Kingdom.
Editions[edit | edit source]
- Original Edition - only contains original content
- Limited Edition - Original Edition with the exclusive Survival Kit.
The Island Survival pack equips your Sims with the necessities to scrape together an existence on a deserted island, fashion a makeshift home on a floating barge, build and escape to a minimalist retreat in the middle of the ocean—or enjoy these back-to-basic pieces in the comfort of civilization! With more items than any previous Limited Editions from The Sims 3, your Sim will have everything they need to sport that island survival look, from tattered togs to shipwreck-inspired furnishings. With the Island Survival Pack, your Sims will be ready to simplify their lives in an island paradise!
- The stories of paradise lost... and found – From telling the tale of your Sims stranded at sea to decorating an austere stilted home, you can build and play out new stories that show off a different side of island paradise.
- Bring the island into your Sim's home – Furnish their homes with one-of-a-kind shipwrecked-chic items. Your Sims can drift off to a perfect night's sleep in a canopy bed, made of re-purposed driftwood.
- More Limited Edition content than ever before – Packed full of clothing, furniture, and décor options that will allow you to extend the way you play with your own island paradise.
- Origin Exclusive - Contains Carnival Costumes Store Set.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
For the broadcast on February 14, 2013, please visit this link.
Music[edit | edit source]
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that were featured in Island Paradise:
|David Arkenstone||Beach Party|
|Lars-Luis Linek||Pan Jam|
|David Arkenstone||Sand Dance|
|Sam and The Womp||Bom Bom|
|Walk Off The Earth||Gang Of Rhythm|
|Ozomatli||Join The Party|
|Rocky Dawuni||Reggae Carnivale Style|
|The CayMan||Uppsie Bray|
References[edit | edit source]
- Mermaids Creature Confirmation (SimsVIP)
- EA Reveals The Sims 3 Line Up for 2013 (SimsVIP)
- What’s Next for The Sims 3? (IGN)
- Limited Edition Content for Island Paradise Revealed (SimsVIP)
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 3: University Life
March 5, 2013
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
September 10, 2013
|The Sims 3 expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Into the Future
October 22, 2013
|The Sims series expansion packs|