|The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff|
|Shift gears and take your Sims for a spin|
|Developer(s)||EA Black Box|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)||NA September 7, 2010|
EU September 9–10, 2010
|Engine||The Sims 3 Engine|
|Media||DVD, Digital Download|
|System requirements||Minimum Hardware Requirements on TheSims3.com|
|Themes||Racing, Classic Luxury, Intrigue, Rockabilly.|
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff is the second stuff pack released for The Sims 3. It was officially announced on June 28, 2010 and the official release in North America was September 7, 2010. The release date for Europe was September 9. In some places, it was September 10.
FLS is centered around cars and the lifestyle of the Sims who drive cars. It features 12 new vehicles and many new objects and styles of clothing, as well as the Vehicle Enthusiast trait, created for FLS and available with Patch 15, released along with the Stuff Pack. The trait also enables Sims to have a relationship with their vehicle.
Description[edit | edit source]
Shift gears and take your Sims for a spin with The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff. For the first time ever in a stuff pack, your Sims can get new cars along with furnishings, décor, and apparel in four distinct vehicle‐themed lifestyles. Will your Sims embody the speed demon way of life? Or cruise in classic luxury automobiles with the top down? Will they rebel against the establishment in pin‐up girl dresses and rockabilly tough guy attire? Or pursue a life of intrigue with spy‐themed, sexy apparel and automobiles? Whatever their lifestyle, The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff takes your Sims on the rides of their lives!
Game Summary[edit | edit source]
As the first stuff pack dedicated to vehicles and the fast-lane lifestyle, The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff pack allows the player to choose from four different lifestyle options: racing, intrigue, rockabilly and classic luxury. Each one offers unique items to outfit Sims with the newest fashions, home furnishings and vehicles. Now Sims can have the ultimate garage where they can store their hot rod, professional racing car or even their motorcycle. For example, there's a sponsor-laden racing jumpsuit, neon wall sign, trophy case, workbenches, tool boxes and loads more! Give them the ride they've always dreamed of, and the lifestyle to go along with it. With The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff pack, create the ultimate experience for the car enthusiast in you.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Give Sims the rides they’ve always dreamed of and the lifestyles that go with them.
- Enjoy four all new styles of fashions, furnishings, and vehicles: Racing, Intrigue, Rockabilly, and Classic Luxury.
- Create the ultimate garage to house your Sim’s professional race car or hot rod.
- Deck out your Sim’s house in luxurious accessories to match their sleek, new, luxurious rides.
- Car relationships: With this stuff pack, Sims will be able to develop a relationship with their car. The car will appear in your friends tab and the more a Sim drives a vehicle, the better the relationship becomes. A Sim will eventually be able to name the vehicle.
- New Trait: Vehicle Enthusiast is a new trait available. It was released for FLS with Patch 15, for all Simmers, even without the stuff pack. It will allow a Sim to develop a relationship with their vehicle faster and enables a Sim to name their vehicle immediately.
- New radio station: A new radio station, rockabilly, is added.
- New objects: Along with new cars, new objects for each theme listed below, are added, with the exception of the intrigue theme.
- Classic Luxury: Cruise in classic luxury automobiles with the top down. Inspired by vintage cars of the 1930s.
- Racing: Embody the speed demon way of life. Inspired by Formula 1 racing in the 90s and 2000s.
- Intrigue: Spy‐themed, sexy apparel and automobiles. Possibly inspired by modern super-cars and James Bond movies from the 2000s.
- Rockabilly: Rebel against the establishment in pin-up girl dresses and rockabilly tough guy attire. Inspired by the American 50s.
Cars[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fast Lane Stuff was rumored about a month before the official announcement, though the title and theme was only rumored a few days before the official announcement
- The Norwegian title of this stuff pack, The Sims 3: Full Fart Stæsj (which translates to The Sims 3: Full Speed Stuff) would go on to become a popular meme in the Sims community when people jokingly interpreted the word Fart as referring to flatulence instead of speed.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 3: Ambitions
June 1, 2010
|The Sims series PC games||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Late Night
October 26, 2010
The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
February 2, 2010
|The Sims 3 stuff packs||Followed by|
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
February 1, 2011
|The Sims series stuff packs|