You can download it through The Sims 3's Launcher, or directly download from EA server here.
Before installing an update for The Sims 3, an Expansion Pack, or a Stuff Pack, it is a good idea to run through the following checklist to ensure your game continues to work smoothly.
If you have any questions about the below steps, please visit the Technical Support forum on the official Sims 3 community found at this URL: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page
Step 1: Disable Custom Content
Custom content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.
To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory. Your Sims 3 file directory can be found using the paths listed below:
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
- On Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\USER\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
- On Mac: ~/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/
Once you have installed the official update you may re-enable your custom content. If you experience problems, disable it again until the 3rd party developer updates their content to work with the official Update, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack.
Step 2: Back Up your Save Files
It’s always a good precaution to back up your save files before installing an Expansion Pack, Update, or Stuff Pack. To do this, copy the “.sims3” folders found in the Saves folder onto your desktop or another file directory.
Your Sims 3 Saves folder can be found using the paths listed below:
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
- On Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\USER\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
- On Mac: ~/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Saves
After the Update is installed, run the game to verify your saves still function correctly.
Step 3: Let the Update Complete Entirely
Updates can sometimes be rather large and may take a while to download and install completely. Cancelling the update before it has completed may cause unexpected problems, so it is always best to let it finish entirely. Do not close the Launcher until you have confirmed the update is completely installed, as this will cancel the update.
- Fixed a crash when Data Execution Prevention is turned on.
- Collections are now available.
- Sims no longer receive a green tint while in CAS.
- Relationships will not be negatively impacted when not responding to crowd requests while performing on stage.
- Showtime Performance Venues will be accessible as Late Night bars.
- Wallvuu XXXXL Television Set will now play appropriate FX.
- Improved online stability with SimPort and Achievements.
- Showtime Venues can now receive gigs when the appropriate stage objects have been placed.
- Improved game stability.
- Late Night
- Late Night Venues can now receive gigs when the appropriate stage objects have been placed.
- General Updates
- Dynamic Challenges no longer appear in the launcher.
- Store Updates
- Added support for In Game Featured Store Set purchases.
- BahHaus Fence will now install properly.
- Improved stability in the Launcher after installing bundled objects.
- Flute Forward downloadable CAS item bug fix to prevent disappearing leg.
- Performance enhancements for Featured Store Items in Buy Catalog.
- Undocumented Notes
- Graveyards, Fishing Spots, and Beaches now work as a park gigs.
- Pool, Gym, Library and Dive Bars work as Coffeehouse Gigs.
- Hangouts and Dance Clubs work as Live Venue Gigs.
- Art Gallery, Lounges, and Horse Ranches work as Private Venue Gigs.
- https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3901800#post3901800 (VelocityGrass's Post)