|The Sims 2: Seasons|
|Enjoy All Four Seasons with Your Sims!|
|Developer(s)||The Sims Studio|
|Release date(s)||NA March 1, 2007|
PAL March 2007
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse|
|Patches and updates|
- This page is about the expansion pack for The Sims 2. For the expansion packs of the same name for The Sims 3 and The Sims 4, see The Sims 3: Seasons and The Sims 4: Seasons.
The Sims 2: Seasons (also known as TS2 S, TS2 SNS, or simply Seasons) is the fifth expansion pack in The Sims 2. The following flyer promoting the expansion pack shipped with The Sims 2: Pets. It followed the same route set by its predecessors; it contains more than 125 new items and more intricate gameplay options. The game was released on March 1, 2007 for North America and March 2, 2007 for Europe.
Head outdoors for year-round fun with your Sims! New seasonal activities await your Sims including snowball fights, chasing fireflies, jumping in leaf piles, and more. Strengthen family ties in Winter, let romance bloom in Spring, deepen the bonds of friendship in Summer, or fast-track your career in Fall. Your Sims can now explore new careers and master new talents throughout the year, but beware freezing, heatstroke, sneezing, and other unexpected weather effects! Dress your Sims appropriately or face the consequences!
Riverblossom Hills is a new neighborhood shipped with The Sims 2: Seasons. Its main theme is a countryside-theme, where most houses are decorated with country-themed objects and many of them have gardening areas. This little town also has unique seasonal progression, which is Winter, Spring, Autumn/Fall, and Winter, with no Summer. The neighborhood features a few community lots, one of which contains an ice skating rink.
Seasons are now part of gameplay. There are 4 seasons; Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring, which normally occur in that order. However, which seasons will occur, and what order they will occur in, can be set individually for each neighborhood and sub-neighborhood with the Season Chooser. The Season Chooser can be accessed by clicking the "flower" button in the bar at the top of the neighborhood view. Each season has its own unique benefits and characteristics, nourishing the gameplay and storyline.
Weather adds more realism, as precipitation may occur unpredictably, making every day different. Sims can check the weather forecast by using the TV or newspaper. When the weather is too cold, Sims may wear a new type of clothing, Outerwear.
There are two kinds of temperature; Sims' internal temperature and outdoor temperature. The outdoor temperature is affected by the season and the weather, and affects how fast a Sim's internal temperature will change when they are outdoors. Unlike outdoor temperature, Sim internal temperature is different for each Sim, and can be affected by what the Sim is doing and wearing. Sims who are too cold can freeze, Sims who are too hot can get sunburned, and can even have heatstroke.
Sims can now do real gardening. Gardening is no longer just pulling the weeds, trimming the bushes, and cutting the hedges. Sims can now fertilize plots, plant crops, water plants, tend the garden, and finally, harvest the produce. Harvested produce can be placed in a refrigerator, used to make juices, or sold. As a reward for all their hard work, Sims may join the Garden Club and receive the benefits.
With Seasons, ponds are now stocked with fish. Sims can fish if the pond is big and deep enough, and the slope isn't too steep. Sims also gain the Fishing Talent Badge when they fish long enough. Fish can be cooked, grilled, stocked in the fridge, hung on the wall, or sold.
The new life state introduced in this Expansion Pack is the PlantSim. A PlantSim is essentially half-Sim and half-plant. As PlantSims, Sims have water, sunlight, and love as their needs. PlantSims are master gardeners, and all adult and elder PlantSims have a Gold Gardening Badge and can talk to plants. PlantSims can spawn spore children, who appear as toddlers. A spawned PlantSim toddler will grow up into an adult PlantSim.
- New Life State: PlantSim
- New Deaths: Death by Lightning, Death by Hail, and Death by Wishing Well
- New Careers: Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music
- New Lifetime Wants: Become Space Pirate, Become Education Minister, Become Game Designer, Become Media Magnate, Become The Law, and Become Rock God
- New NPC: Penguin
- New Potion: Plantophic-C
- New Radio Stations: New Age and Jam Bands
- New Talent Badges: Fishing and Gardening
- New Meals: Bass with Squash, Blackened Catfish, Stuffed Rainbow Trout, and Stuffed Golden Trout
- New TV Channel: Weather Channel
- New Aspiration Reward: Weathernaught 57X
- New Options: X-Ray Cursor and Snow on Ground
- Tree leaves will fall in Autumn, and will need to be raked. Conifers and cacti won't have falling leaves.
- Snow has depth and some of the snow interactions will be only available when it is deep.
- Set hairstyle per outfit. Sims can now set different hairstyles for each type of outfit.
- Pets don't have internal temperature.
- Stackable inventory. Inventory no longer needs to be scrolled all the way back just to find an apple. With this, similar objects will be stacked in the inventory to save space.
- Pool water reflects and moves.
New Build Mode Additions
A roof is now a crucial element as part of weather and climate changes. From now, "Indoor Space" is defined not only a room covered by walls, but there also must be a roof. Being in a closed indoor space will protect Sims from cold and hot temperatures. A roof keeps the elements out, so rain and snow won't get inside the house.
- Roof objects
Any one-tile objects can now be placed on the roof. Anything; sculptures, chairs, flamingos, end tables, and even arcade machines. With this, decorative roof objects such as weather vane, lightning rod, and solar screen[TS2:M&G] can make a nice additions to the roof.
- "The Ornery Rooster" Weather Vane
- "The Flowy Floater" Pond Sprinkler
- "Stuff Me Silly" Scarecrow from McKraken Industries
- EZ120v Lightning Finial
- Perfect Packets Hot Chocolate Maker
- The Main Squeezer 235X
- Toss ‘n Wish Drinking Well by Gaelic Gardens
- Gardening tools
- Curved edge swimming pools
- Skating rinks
- Pool slide
- Country, Nature and Car-themed Build mode and Buy mode objects
- Sims can give gifts from the object in the inventory to other Sims.
- Sims can play Marco Polo in the pool.
- Sims can talk about Weather themes in a conversation.
- Bug catching.
- Sims can pay all bills without having to look for them first. This is useful when the bills are placed somewhere uncharted.
- Sims can store leftovers in the fridge so they won't waste the food.
- There are many interactions that can be done with snow, including making snowmen and snow angels, snowball fights, and so on.
- Toddlers and dogs[TS2:P] can eat snow.
- Cats[TS2:P] can chase butterflies and fireflies.
- This is the only seasons themed expansion pack to feature a new world.
- This is the first pack in the franchise to have a music video centered around the pack made by EA, which was "Smile" by Lily Allen.
|The Sims 2: Seasons Theme|
|The Sims 2: Seasons Loading Screen|
|Eine Kliene Sims|
|Sims Cash In|
|Simplicity is Key|
|Don't Let the Deal Go Down|
|Mr High and Mighty|
|The Next One|
|Close Your Eyes|
|Blue Jeans Pizza|
|A Plangent Sough|
|Frolicking Wind Dancer|
|If You Really See Eurydice|
|When It All Falls Apart|
- This feature is not available for computers with low specs.
- This feature was carried forward to later Expansion Packs.