The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch. Please make sure you have your game CDs available during patch installation.
Not all fixes will take effect on existing The Sims 2 Freetime saved games. If you have an existing lot, Sim, object or neighborhood that does not seem to be improved by this patch, we recommend that you replace the affected object, or create either a new family, lot or neighborhood, depending on what is affected by the bug.
- Sims will now remember which side of the bed is theirs to sleep on.
- Crash will no longer occur when users attempt to load another lot while associating a neighborhood using the Advanced Neighborhood Options panel.
- "Neon Flamingo" is no longer missing from Buy Mode.
- In Audio Options, Custom Station icon no longer blocks the Stop button.
- University Service NPCs are now able to join a dance contest in a Secret Hobby lot if they are not on the job.
- Sims will no longer pop back onto the screen when Sims walk to a Secret Hobby Lot.
- "Electrono-Ticket Machine" will now correctly turn off when you move a Home lot into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Saved lots with an in progress dance contest will now reset correctly when placed into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Sims can now watch UFOs with the "Astrowonder Telescope".
- Sims can no longer mark items for sale on top of the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft".
- Iconic Hobbyist NPCs can now be reached by telephone after meeting them.
- "Socialus Butterfly" can now be caught for the Bug Collection.
- Sims will no longer teleport when you cancel the walk home interaction in a community lot.
- Primp interaction is no longer missing from the game.
- First WooHoo memory will now occur when Sims WooHoo for the first time in a tent.
- The reduced bladder effect from the "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" will now trigger correctly when Sims are in range.
- Sims reading a book from the cooking genre will now correctly gain Cuisine Enthusiasm.
- Preoccupation will now work correctly at level 10.
- Pets will no longer chew or scratch cribs if they are in use.
- Garden Club members are now treated as townies.
- "Carefree Koi Pond by Simulated Life" no longer displays an environment score.
- Teen and Child Sims will no longer receive the unachievable Bird Watch Want.
- College Grades in German, French, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese is now displayed correctly.
- The Sims 2 FreeTime credits section has been correctly updated.
- Violin Tip Jar will no longer cause an unusable tile after being picked up.
- Child Sims will no longer pop when asked to "Clean Up" the juice tray.
- Vampire Sim can no longer receive a Want to turn Bigfoot into a Vampire.
- Using the Draft Scene interaction will no longer apply a sketch filter to in-game camera snapshots.
- Motive decay on the "H-O-R-S-E of course Basket Ball Hoop", "The Goal of Paul", "Teeny Tikes Activity Table", and "One Man's Junk Car from Mechanically Minded" objects and Go Hiking interaction has been retuned.
- "Basic Blue" and "Gripping Green" wallpapers will now appear in Build Mode.
- Sims will no longer receive a phone call for magazine subscription at level 2 Hobby Enthusiasm.
- Sims will no longer gain fishing skill points while digging for treasure.
- Sims in Custom Neighborhoods can now access secret hobby lots when sub-neighborhoods are unassociated.
- Custom Radio Stations can now be deleted correctly.
- Matchmaking Service will now function correctly when the "Dusty Old Lamp" is on the lot.
- Pregnant Sims can now browse or blog about hobbies on the computer.
- Items created from the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft" now appreciate and depreciate correctly.
- Sims can no longer sell home lots from computers on a secret hobby lot.
- Vacation guest who is asked to Join a Sim in a tent will now properly leave the tent after an appropriate amount of time.
- Drinking Eggplant Juice no longer produces a false memory of maximizing a skill.
- Having a honeymoon and a wedding party with a child, toddler, or baby Sim in the family will no longer cause a second wedding party to occur.
- Servo will no longer break in vacation neighborhoods.
- Children will no longer pop when drinking Hot Chocolate.
- Female children will now be able to change into gym wear while playing with "The Goal of Paul".
- "First Place Food Contest Ribbon" can no longer be duplicated by shift clicking.
- Watch Movie Interaction will no longer produce two of the same pie menu option.
- Option to "Offer Free Makeover to" "Zip Zap Zop! Classic Model Car" and "Falconeer Chopper" have been removed.
- FX cloud now appears correctly when destroying Sandcastles.
- "Ask to Join" interaction no longer appears on Iconic Hobbyists Sims when they route to user Sims while relaxing on a bed.
- Servo will now recharge correctly after Tinkering with any shower.
- Sims performing the "Join Freestyle" interaction should no longer pop.
- Text Notification no longer spams when raising Music & Dance enthusiasm by performing "Join Freestyle" interaction.
- "Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors" car design now appears correctly.
- Interaction tooltip now appears correctly when Sims use the "Teeny Tikes Activity Table".
- NPCs will now correctly use "The GrroveLayer 90000 Professional DJ Booth by HotBeets" and "The GrroveLayer 10k Professional DJ Booth by HotBeets".
- Memory for achieving Lifetime Want "WooHoo with 20 Different Sims" now appears correctly on the appropriate Sim.
- Romance Sims no longer lose earned platinum tombstones when moved to a community lot.
- Neat Sims will no longer be furious when told to clean up a water balloon puddle the Neat Sim created after the water balloon prank.
- Sims will no longer autonomously attempt to interact with a computer that is already in use.
- Fish, harvested fruits, and vegetables will now go to the owner's inventory on an owned business lot.
- Food will no longer disappear when ordering from the hotel room service.
- Graduation Party memory will now appear correctly when Sims have a graduation party.
- Sims will no longer pop while fishing.
- Medicine created from the "Simsanto Inc. Biotech Station" will now be able to cure sick Sims.
- Neat Sims will no longer have the "Lick Clean" interaction.
- "Walk to" lot interaction no longer causes Sims motives to change abnormally.
- "Tinker" interaction is now available on the "Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations", "Big and Brown Dishwasher by Romantic Notions", "You Got Feets Bathtub", and "SuperJet Corner Shower by Sleek Sensations".
- "Stock" and "Get Leftovers" interactions are now available on "The Coldinator by Kitchensations" and "Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions".
- "Compose [sic] Contents" is now available to "Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations".
- "Red Brick Road Walkway", "Neutral Sand Linoleum", "Latipsoh Green Linoleum", "Square Squares Stone Floor in Large Squares", "Square Squares Stone Floor in Small Squares", "Pristine White Marble", "Blank Slate Flagstone Flooring", "Sid's Cement Flooring", "Light Wine Stone Walkway", "Mixed Slate Stone Flooring", "Irregular Views Grap Stone Flooring", and "Octogreat Teracotta Tile" floor tiles will now appear correctly in game.
- Users can now place objects in front of the "Shiny Sewn Curtains".
- NPC Maid will now correctly route to available trash compactors.
- NPC Maid will now correctly clean the entire lot.
- Sims can now call known sales NPC they meet on a community lot.
- Sims can now serve Smart Milk to toddlers who are sitting in the "High Society High Chair".
- Teens no longer have the option to "Birdwatch".
- Servo will now exit correctly after swimming in the ocean.
- Body temperature no longer increases while Sims go jogging without Seasons installed.
- Sims will now autonomously use the "Good Times Changing Table".
- Lot information will now correctly display after deleting a family from the Sim bin.
- Life Time Want "Reached Golden Anniversary" is now achievable.
- Sims will now correctly perform the Hula dance when asked to.
- ATI 2000 and 3000HD series graphic cards will now display correct pictures when Sims use the computer or TV.
- Updated SecuRom version to resolve an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor and fixed emulation problems players were experiencing.
- Added a new command line option, "blackfont", to make in-game fonts appear in black.
- Updated game code in order for The SimsTM 2 FreeTime to be compatible with The SimsTM 2 Store Edition. For users who have The SimsTM 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack installed, this patch must be installed in order to run The SimsTM 2 Store Edition with The SimsTM 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack. This patch runs automatically if FreeTime is already on your computer and you install The SimsTM 2 Store Edition on top of it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.