|The Sims: Vacation|
|Box art for The Sims: Vacation|
|Release date(s)||March 25, 2002|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
- Snowman kits
- Sandcastle kits
- Carnival games
- Archery ranges
- Volleyball courts
- Fishing pier
- Snow slide
- Vacation Director Kana
- New type of townie: Families of "vacationers" or "tourists" can be encountered on Vacation Island. Uniquely amongst the townies in The Sims, they have random last names (as opposed to generic ones that puns on their function within the game), some nominal familial relationships, and being both children as well as adult Sims. Tourist families usually consist of 3 to 4 Sims, with at least one adult and one child in every party. Sometimes a tourist family will consist of just two Sims - a single parent and an only child - although this is rare.
Other new featuresEdit
- New interactions: Play fishing, archery, snowboarding and beach volleyball while on vacation/holiday!
Features and Allusions to other Expansion PacksEdit
If Unleashed is installed, pet beds and food bowls will be added to vacation lots.
- The Sims: Vacation is the first expansion pack to not have the intro video, along with Superstar, Makin' Magic and The Sims: Complete Collection.
- The Sims: Vacation is the only vacation themed expansion that allows Sims to stay on vacation for an indefinite amount of time. Alongside that, it is also the only vacation themed expansion that allows characters to sleep and bathe wherever they want, meaning they can access any room in the hotel with no allocated room set to them, treating the hotel more like a home lot.
- The Sims: Vacation was the first expansion pack in the franchise that allows Sims to stay at a lot other than home.
|The Sims: Vacation Load Music|
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims: Hot Date
November 14, 2001
|The Sims series expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims: Unleashed
September 23, 2002
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.