The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Technophobe Sims hate television. They will never watch television except in dire circumstances and will always look for an alternative source of entertainment.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Technophobes won't have any fun while using certain types of electronics such as televisions and computers, nor will they autonomously use them. Instead, these Sims will receive the negative "Technophobia" moodlet from using these devices.
- Technophobes have the ability to sabotage and smash electronics to pieces, even if visiting another household. This will however get them in trouble if there is a nurturing sim in the household.
- Technophobes are bad at repairing electrical appliances.
- Technophobes have to work harder to improve the writing skill than other Sims.
- If Technophobes try to repair a broken television they have a 90% chance of electrocution.
- The handy trait will remove this risk.
- If a technophobe successfully repairs an electronic device, they may cry from the stress of fixing it unlike other Sims.
Player notes[edit | edit source]
- Strangely enough, SimBots can choose this trait. [TS3:A]
- Techophobes don't mind technologies from Oasis Landing with the exception of Plumbots.
- Technophobes don't mind using a stereo speaker.
- If the "Talk about computers", "Discuss favorite TV shows" or "Talk about movies" interactions are used on a Sim with this trait, the social will fail.
- This trait will make a workaholic take a mood hit due to the fact that working overtime uses computers.
- Technophobes have the unique option to sabotage a slot machine to make other Sims more likely to lose while using it. There is a chance of the sabotage failing however, and the Sim may get shocked instead.
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
|Technophobia||Being around a television turned on or using a computer will trigger this moodlet for technophobes.|
Technophobic Sims[edit | edit source]
See also Category:Technophobes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.