Pros vs. ConsEdit
I was thinking of making a list of pros and cons for a simbot compared to a regular sim and then add it under a Gameplay section on the SimBot page.
- ↑ At least invented SimBots tend to.
I like this sort of chart, but I think it would be more useful as a whole page including pros and cons for all TS3 life states. (Kiwi tea 01:30, June 11, 2010 (UTC))
- I guess it could be placed on the life states page instead. It fits both places. The main reason for this table is to give people an idea of what's different when actually playing them. Maybe add it under a Player Notes or Player Tips section. Duskey 13:01, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
SimBots bought as Lifetime Rewards are part of the way through their lifespans. Dharden 15:40, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
Currently the only death available for SimBots are aging until its parts are unusable; there has been no reports that a SimBot can die out of a meteor or by drowning but are highly unlikely. Jeddings123 08:37, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Just speculating, but I would expect that SimBots could die by meteor much as Servos can die by satellite. After all, both deaths involve being struck by a large, fast-moving object. Dharden 13:53, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- My Simbot once died by meteor. --Eduardog3000
- Just so you know, a meteor hit my simbot and he died. I did not take any pictures, so I guess you have to take my word for it.188.8.131.52 21:29, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
Recoloring Sim Bots Edit
Reaction to Simbots Edit
I've been tracking the reaction of various Sims towards Simbots, when they see one walking past them or nearby. Sims with the Coward trait always seem to flee, scream and shout. Sims with the Brave trait don't seem to mind Simbots that much and they usually praise at them. I also noticed that Sims with no Logic skill tend to "dislike" Simbots and Sims that are building the Logic skill (after 3 points, at least) tend to "like" them. I'm not sure if it's true, but sometimes it feels pretty random or once in a while a Sim that boos at a Simbot will somehow "like" one.
Shorting out Edit
I wonder if it's safe to say that they'll short out if told to do something that gets them wet (swim, shower, play with sprinkler, etc.), but not if they just happen to get wet. Dharden 13:01, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Player Stories Edit
You guys should add a player stories page... BTW I just bought a simbot and its soo cool.
An anon user submitted a problem report noting that a SimBot obtained through the Lifetime Reward did not have the Brave trait. I edited the article to reflect this, but more information would be helpful. When editing, I assumed that SimBots generally have the Brave trait, but I have no idea what the chances are that one will not, nor do I know if this is something that only happens with bought SimBots. Dharden (talk) 17:59, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps. As far as I know I only dealt with invented Simbots, and all of them (I do mean all of them, and I've seen a total of 8 invented simbots) had the Brave trait. Perhaps this applies only to bought simbots? Mathetesalexandrou 18:33, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
Cheat and babies?Edit
Can you use cheats to get the items? and can they have babies I seen simbot kids or do u have to make them?♥Icyyy♥ 01:44, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- This is a late reply, but yes and no: Out of the materials, only component that you can directly acquire is the Life fruits via the buydebug cheat, although you can get the scraps by either simply purchasing it or make a scrap pile via the buydebug cheat. You can actually get palladium, although you can't get it immediately because you can only do so indirectly by spawning one of the spawners, and as far as I know there was no way to acquire the pink diamond that way, and I obtained all of mine via completing the Timber Terminator challenge. Mathetesalexandrou 04:54, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
- If I am correct, you can't do it without mods. Mathetesalexandrou 21:35, November 30, 2011 (UTC)