Snooty Sims Edit
Why does he corrupt the game if he is resurrected when fully fixed in simPE? Also, why are all the other specter victims like this? What would happen if I replaced all of their data with another so they wouldn't corrupt it? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Frogz2007 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- For starters, what appears in the screenshot looks like what he'd be if he were resurrected. Even though, I never resurrected him myself. Strangetown has already been glitchy to begin with. Most of the residents' DNAs are broken, for example. And then there's Olive's victims. Nikel Talk – Vote! 09:16, November 4, 2013 (UTC)
Information about memoriesEdit
I've removed this information for two reasons:
Oddly, Strangetown townie Holly Andersen has a memory of Knut's death. However Holly and Knut have no relationships or ties whatsoever. This also happens with Blair Mace and Danielle Greaves. What's even more odd about this is, Knut is not marked as deceased. This could have been a mistake by the developers.
- My PC doesn't allow me access to my Sims' Memories in SimPE, so thus I can't confirm whether this information is true at this time.
- If the said information is true, I'm rather hesitant about whether it should be kept. When each base game Townie spawns in-game for the first time, their memories are erased and replaced with CAS ones.
- I'm pretty sure you've seen the proof that these townies do have the memories about Knut's death (and other deceased Sims' deaths). However, I say we should keep the piece of information back into the article, even though it's only visible on SimPE and changed once they're instantiated (I didn't realize their memories will revert to the regular CAS memories. There's a mod that prevents this behavior. Perhaps it can keep this memory from reverting).
- The reason we should keep it because it's as essential as why we should keep the information about The Diva and Mr. Big are unemployed on SimPE, but their careers will be redefined once they appear in the game; why we should mention the DNA oddities of Sims (missing DNA or "dyed hair") even though they're practically only observable on SimPE especially if they're deceased already; and why we should mention about Olivia's dead unborn baby when... the Sim practically doesn't exist in the game.
- My point is, as you've told me before, we should try to keep both information that's stored in the data viewed from SimPE, as well as how the behavior ends up in the real game. It's unfair if we should keep this information away, unless you can prove it's an exception. Nikel Talk – Vote! 17:14, August 12, 2014 (UTC)
There has been some back and forth editing over Knut Futa and his memories, some say he has a memory for Danielle Greaves' death and others like myself and User:mariaw say he doesn't. I checked SimPe and in-game and can confirm that on my game he has no memories, as seen below. Can someone confirm that he does on their game to distinguish between possible game version differences?:
ETA: I had to flag him as an adult in SimPe otherwise he would just get errors when trying to spawn him, besides that, he is completely untouched, as is the neighborhood.
That's weird. I swear he had a memory of Danielle Greaves' death when I checked on another PC. I will recheck on that other PC when I next get the chance. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 00:41, March 29, 2020 (UTC)