Cleanup and Polishing Edit
This article needs to be tidied and made appropriate to each section. Stuff needs including:
- Biggest differences between Aliens and Sims that readers would likely ask featured in biology sections
- Types, or races of aliens described within the 'Pure Aliens' section needs to be un-bulletpointed and paragraphed as a sub-section of Alien biology
- Abduction needs its own section, with information about Pollination Technicians in 'Culture' moved there, with subsections addressing abduction in other Sims games.
- Section on Alien hybrids needs paragraphing, subsection on Biology needs writing up and the 2 types of hybrids mentioned (appearing Sim and appearing alien) need to be pictured and separately explained.
- Sims 2 console Aliens needs expanding as Aliens in this version of the game are common. May need alternate canon and educated speculation.
- Sims 3 Aliens are not notable enough, recommend discussion on this as the only related article for this is a fan-guide.
- Impregnation needs to be consolidated into aforementioned abduction section, with the process and background of the situation in one place.
- The pictured Pollination Technicians currently on the page do not represent the actual defaults in game and need to be changed to reflect this.
- The related page Pollination Technician is not notable enough to be covered independently and can be covered more effectively in the previously mentioned 'Abduction' section.
- +Technical Information section.
I will do my best to implement these changes myself. --Mr montmorency 07:28, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Even though the article says that Alien-Sim hybrids with Sim skin can't have black eyes, mine does. I can't upload a screenshot because it keeps saying "File Type Verification Error", but here's a video of the baby (it's a little hard to see but I couldn't zoom in any further): thumb|300px|right
If a Sim gets abducted, and the alien child then gets abducted, will he come back pregnant, or would it be considered incest, because I've never had it happen on my game. Whatever the answer is, I think it should be put in the article. 126.96.36.199 18:11, February 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think the child can get abducted but I'm not sure. Also, children cannot get pregnant without the possible use of mods, though I don't know any mods that will cause this. GG (t) • (c) • (b) 18:16, February 23, 2011 (UTC)
What about that photo?
There is this one thing that always bothered me - and that is, upon releasing The Sims 2, a picture figured on the internet depicting two or more aliens in a basement. The picture impIies a visiting of aliens, not an abduction. I don't have The Sims 2 installed on my computer anymore but I do remember that this picture also was included in the maps with pre-taken photos, the photo-albums (maybe Baker's?). I've tried to find it through google, but it has completely vanished! I am certain that this was never possible and that this picture was only set-up, or maybe a feature they planned but removed (like, for example, before TS2 came out there was also a video of a man getting struck by lightning in his hot tub, although this was not possible when the game came out) But I am surprised that I don't find anything on the net about it, that it is not mentioned on the Alien wiki page - am I the only one who wondered about this? Or did I missunderstand the picture? //atta
- I'm also the one who doesn't understand what you said. :/ As I know, the only pre-made aliens in The Sims 2 is from Smith family, and there's no basement in their house. It might be possible that the picture you saw is for storytelling purposes, so it might not relate to the real gameplay at all, but that's just probability. Nikel Talk 15:25, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for my poor english... But of course I understand that the picture is for storytelling purposes, but still it bothers me that I can't find it anywhere and that no one else have been discussing it. The aliens in the picture has nothing to do with the Smith family, I remember it as it is from Baker's photo album. But I could be wrong. The aliens in the picture are bald and I think they are wearing the "alien-suit" (that weird looking overall). Anyway, could someone just look in their storytelling map (it's probably for Strangerhood but I am not sure). //atta
- No, it's not your English I was confused with. It's not poor, actually. I never felt like we have lost any missing images. Maybe the images you mentioned were very old? Because I don't know if there's any other alien-related storytelling other than the Smiths. Nikel Talk 10:49, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I see. If I install TS2 again I will try and find it again. //atta
- True. In the grand scheme of things, there's no guarantee that alien lifeforms would be genetically encoded using deoxyribonucleic acid. Of course, they would almost certainly be unable to crossbreed with human-like beings if they did not have DNA. -- Lexmechanic (talk) 20:31, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
Brainpower -> Energy? Edit
I have successfully made an alien using the nraas Debug Enabler. The wiki suggest that brain power is a unique motive, although in my experience seems like the brain power is not so much hidden as it is a replacement of the Energy motive. The sim in question is a genie. I have not made other tests, but I shall add some more as I do this on more sims. MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 21:45, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I've never encountered or made an alien yet. Does this mean aliens don't have energy need, they have a hidden motive, or it's a similar power like Fairy/Witch? Nikel Talk – Vote! 14:46, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Given all the differences between the aliens in The Sims 3: Seasons and those in The Sims 2, should they be treated as different cultures (or even species)? Dharden (talk) 15:37, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure why they need to be differed from, but PlantSims in University Life is very different from Seasons as well. Nikel Talk – Vote! 17:55, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I think they're just retconned. Life states are always different than they were in the Sims 2, they don't follow a strict guideline. Now they just happen to have alien powers. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:40, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's suppose to be the same alien species. It's just that in TS2 they were treated as just sims with a specific set of genetic (black hair with the aqua green skin and the deep black eyes) but in TS3 they have an hidden trait giving them alien powers. Kaiko Mikkusu (talk) 17:07, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
What is the exact chance of being impregnated? Edit
In Sims 3. Combineguy 03:43, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
I'd like it if there was a special hybrid section for the aliens. I like to crossbreed (if thats a thing) and see what hybrids I can create. For example, I had an alien WooHoo with a half genie-half normal sim, and the baby was a third of each. It had the human skin, but the alien ears and eyes, and the blue genie skin. LaurenLlama15 (talk) 00:59, November 4, 2013 (UTC)
A little triviaEdit
- That is definitely worth a mention. Ѧüя◎ґ (talk) 21:36, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
I have a question:
If one male adult Alien- sim hybrid is abducted by Aliens, who himself is the son of Pollination Technician, who would be the Alien father of the unborn (Alien-sim)- Alien hybrid?
- Pollination Technician will always be the father, regardless of who he impregnates. Unless you create a custom Pollination Technician beforehand, and use cheats so he can impregnate the Sim before the original Pollination Technician can. That's what I did with Vidcund Curious in my game, because I wanted him to be impregnated by a different alien than the one that impregnated Pascal Curious. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 09:23, April 28, 2018 (UTC)
Alien-Sim hybrid getting the fluEdit
hello i played the sims 2 and noticed that my alien-sim hybrid had an on-off flu it changed every 2 sim-houres and lasted for 2 sim days.
at the same time one of the alien- sim hybrids normal sim half-siblings also had the flu but only once and lasted for 3 sim-houres