|Truth-seekers move to Strangetown hoping to discover the secrets the town holds. Do aliens live among us? Do missing Sims mysteriously appear here? In this town nothing is what it seems.|
|Game||The Sims 2|
Strangetown ( /neighborhoods in The Sims 2. It is also the smallest of the three neighborhoods shipped with The Sims 2; there are 11 lots, one of which has not yet been built on, and 187 Sims. Strangetown is the neighborhood used in the The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS and GBA versions of the games, although only Tank Grunt and Johnny Smith make an appearance. The Sims 2 on PSP, however, takes place wholly in Strangetown with much of the same cast and added Sims. According to Deputy Duncan, Strangetown was named after his great-great-great-uncle on his mother's side; a lawman called Sheriff Paul Strange./) is one of the pre-made
Strangetown is also connected with the Pleasantview storyline, in which Bella Goth has been abducted by aliens, and then left in Strangetown. Also there is a broken down spaceship in a large crater that looks like it was caused by a meteor, but was probably caused by the spaceship's impact. This suggests the spaceship could have crashed when returning to Pleasantview with Bella Goth. However, it is also possible that the spaceship was Pollination Technician #9 Smith's.
Most of the pre-made families in the PC version of Strangetown have at least one career reward object.
The town's configuration is different in each game in which it appears. Putting the different versions (from all versions of The Sims 2: PC, PSP, GBA, DS, console) of the town together, Strangetown gets a big variety of lots including a grocery store, library, city hall, meetinghouse, saloons, pawn-shop, nuclear power plant, a dam, a greenhouse, a zoo, an art gallery, a movie studio, a hotel, a casino, a pyramid, a dance club, a cow farm, labs, military base, abandoned warehouse, public pool, clothing shop, a salt mine, jail and of course, graveyards and the iconic Crash Site. It also features interesting housing, from old trailers to an igloo and more than 200 Sims.
- 1 The Sims 2
- 2 Strangetown in other games
- 3 Trivia
The Sims 2[edit | edit source]
Lots[edit | edit source]
Residential lots[edit | edit source]
Inhabited[edit | edit source]
- 1 Tesla Court, owned by Beaker
- 13 Dead End Lane, owned by Specter
- 101 Road to Nowhere, owned by Smith
- 2 Cover Up Road, owned by Curious
- 51 Road to Nowhere, owned by Grunt
Uninhabited[edit | edit source]
Community lots[edit | edit source]
Families[edit | edit source]
Playable Families[edit | edit source]
- Loki Beaker, Circe Beaker, Nervous Subject
- What experiments are the highly secretive and less than neighborly Loki and Circe Beaker performing on poor Nervous Subject? Will this secrecy affect Circe's career ambitions?
- Pascal Curious, Lazlo Curious, Vidcund Curious
- In search of truth and mystery, the Curious brothers got more than they were "expecting." Can Pascal, Lazlo, and Vidcund cope with their new roles as cosmic parents?
- General Buzz Grunt, Tank Grunt, Ripp Grunt, Buck Grunt
- Tank has always lived under the hard thumb of his father, General Buzz Grunt. In this domesticated boot camp, can Tank prove his worth to this demanding Dad?
- Pollination Tech#9 Smith, Jenny Smith, Johnny Smith, Jill Smith
- After a fruitful career, Pollination Technician 9 has retired to his favorite planet. But can his son Johnny make friends and fit in, or is this family just too strange for Strangetown?
- Olive Specter, Ophelia Nigmos
- Who is buried in Olive Specter's garden? Will the mysterious, aging outcast leave her fortune to her niece Ophelia, or, as rumored, to an unnamed heir?
Family bin families[edit | edit source]
- Ajay Loner
- Ajay has come to Strangetown hoping to find himself. Will he be successful in his new home or will the odd things that always seem to happen here drive him away?
- Chloe Singles, Lola Singles, Erin Singles, Kristen Singles
- Has there ever been a group of roommates so different from one another? As if living in Strangetown isn't hard enough, will these girls be able to accept their differences and be friends or will the tension tear the house apart?
Townies[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Strangetown in other games[edit | edit source]
The Sims 2 (PSP)[edit | edit source]
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for PlayStation Portable, although the districts in the game do not exist in the PC version of Strangetown. The location in Strangetown are the Service Station, Paradise Place, Deadtree, Division 47, and the Monument.
The Sims 2 (console)[edit | edit source]
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for console, although it is just a district of the whole neighborhood.
The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS)[edit | edit source]
Strangetown appears in The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS, although it is only a small portion of the town. The locations are the Strangetown Hotel, the Strangetown Store, the City Hall, the Jail, Mamma Hogg's Saloon, Jebidiah S. Jerky's Cow Pasture, and the desert. The Strangetown Hotel is the biggest area in the game, with 5 floors (including the basement) and a number of guest rooms as well as many other rooms. According to Tristan Legend, Strangetown is constantly invaded by Emperor Xizzle and his minions. Later in the game, it is also invaded by Jimmy "The Neck", Crime Spree Bob, and Optimum Alfred.
The Sims 2 (GBA)[edit | edit source]
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for Game Boy Advance. The town is divided in several districts that are not part of any other version. These districts are the Dust Vale, Death Gulch, Nuclear Plant, Canyonero Grande, the Strangetown Zoo and the Wastelands. Their names are not on the map but they appear when looking through the telescope in the Pawn Shop in the mission "A Brand New Scent".
The lots in Strangetown are the Strangetown Saloon, the City Hall, the Re-Spawn Pawn Shop, a Casino, a Medical Center, an Abandoned Warehouse, a Nuclear Power Plant, the Zoo, the Gothic Gardens, Jeb's Cattle Ranch, Optimum's Tech Factory, a Dam, the Cavern Club, the Salt Mines, the Ice Cave, the Ziggurat, and a U.F.O as well as some residential lots that include Frankie Fusilli's underground mansion, Dusty Hogg's trailer and the barracks where Tank Grunt lives.
SimCity 4[edit | edit source]
In the SC4Terrains folder, which can be found in the user data folder of The Sims 2, there's a number of terrains from SimCity 4, including Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville. Strangetown in SimCity 4 is named "Desert Test", probably because it was to see how the Desert terrain would look during the production of The Sims 2.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Strangetown does not appear in The Sims 3, however, it is mentioned quite a few times:
- If a Sim throws away perfectly good food, the Sim will get the negative moodlet "wasteful". In the description of the moodlet, it is mentioned that "there are starving children in Strangetown!"
- Sometimes the newspaper will mention people suffering from Strangetown Syndrome.
- The Infectious Disease Researcher level of the Medical career mentions a contagious "Strangetown Syndrome".
- Also, when a Sim reaches the top level of Political career, they may get the Aiding the Victims opportunity which mentions Strangetown suffering from mud and a heavy blizzard, causing the mud to freeze.
- A particular piece of news that randomly appears in the newspaper refers to researchers in Strangetown investigating a phenomenon.
- In The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS, there is a location called "Strangetown Apartments".
- Strangetown Bella is considered a clone by some, and not the true Bella. Many fans remain determined to get the "real" Bella back. It is possible for Bella to return to her family via cheats or mods, but the actual storyline remains that the Bella in Strangetown is the "real" one.
- Moving Strangetown Bella to Pleasantview will cause corruption in both neighborhoods.