Shy Sims will never approach anyone that isn't a friend and tend to stick to their rooms if they are able. They are also uncomfortable around large crowds of people.
- Shy Sims will never approach a Sim that is not a friend and will tend to stay in their rooms if they are able to.
- They are uncomfortable around large crowds of people.
- A Shy Sim has a harder time making new friends than others.
- A Shy Sim will feel uncomfortable around a group of non-friend Sims.
- A Shy Sim will feel comfortable around a group of friends.
- A Shy Sim will be reluctant when ordered to socialize with another Sim.
- A Shy Sim won't skinny dip in hot tubs or pools.
- Sims can't discover this trait if another has it even if you try mind-reading.
- Sims with shy trait can't be sketched nude.[confirmation needed]
- Shy Sims are at a disadvantage when undertaking a Communications major while studying at college.[TS3:UL]
|Feeling Shy||Being around Non-Friends|
|Among Friends||Being around Friends|
The Sims 3 (Nintendo DS)
The Shy trait also appeared in The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS. It conflicts with the Outgoing trait. This Shy trait is more similar to Unflirty from The Sims 3, even sharing its description, compared to the Shy trait from Late Night.
Shy Sims do not appreciate the romantic advances of others and will be difficult to woo. It's not that they don't want to love, just that it's difficult for them.