Shell buildings is the name given for buildings which have a large exterior, but with a smaller playable interior. Examples of these buildings include the pyramids and the dragon cave exterior in The Sims 3: World Adventures. The penthouses of The Sims 3: Late Night are also shell buildings. The Sims 3: Showtime adds shell buildings. In The Sims 3: University Life, university buildings are also shells. In The Sims 3: Into the Future, many community lots are covered in futuristic shells. In The Sims 3: World Adventures, the rooms in the tombs are pitch black if not explored. The Sims 4: City Living added apartment shells that are similar to The Sims 3: Late Night's penthouse shells. The Sims Mobile introduces various shell buildings for careers.
The Sims 3: World AdventuresEdit
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
Skyscrapers are shell buildings that were shipped with The Sims 3: Late Night. They are "Shell buildings" and only offer one or two floors (such as the basement; some nicer penthouses have a second floor bedroom.) as a playable area for either residential penthouses or community lots, such as bars. More than one rabbit hole can be inside a skyscraper. This is the first time in the series that a skyscraper can be made without the use of cheats, though they were available as neighborhood decorations in The Sims 2: Nightlife and The Sims 2: Apartment Life. Skyscrapers can be placed in build mode, though, as with any rabbit hole, it has to be placed before a family moves in. Although many shells can be obtained from the buydebug catalog, some of them are unroutable due to broken door entrances.
The Sims 3: ShowtimeEdit
The Sims 3: University LifeEdit
The Sims 3: Into the FutureEdit
The Sims 4: City LivingEdit
Skyscraper shell buildings return in The Sims 4: City Living. They are more often seen as high story apartment buildings and usually have one to four apartments in them, though some of the skyscrapers also have a penthouse on top. Some of the buildings are mostly one-story, but there couple that have two stories. These skyscrapers can not be moved, edited or placed into another world by the player and are only found in San Myshuno.
The Sims MobileEdit
The Sims Mobile introduces various shell buildings for careers.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 TheSims3 tweet - The apartments are extensions of shells from World Adventures. Big models, but with some floors that can be built and lived in.
- ↑ TheSims3 tweet The tall buildings can actually be lived in. If you make enough Simoleons you can even buy one of the luxury high rises.
- ↑ Gamesradar - The Sims 3: Late Night at the Wayback Machine (archived September 21, 2016)
- ↑ SimsNetwork - The Sims 3 Late Night @ Gamescom 2010 at the Wayback Machine (archived September 23, 2010)
- ↑ https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613589