|Enjoy learning about the Selvadorada culture, or explore the jungle's hidden secrets. But be prepared! It won't be an easy trek through the jungle.|
|Game||The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure|
Selvadorada is a destination world in The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure. It is based on the Latin American region surrounded by vast expanses of jungle and hidden ruins to explore, with a small settlement in which Sims can interact with locals, try out food or purchase adventure gear.
Selvadorada contains landmarks of the ancient Omiscan civilization, which has lived in the area a long time ago. In the jungle there are various hidden ruins of the Omisca, such as temples, baths and various other spots overgrown in greenery, full of Omiscan relics and culture. The indiginous architecture of the world resembles the styles of Mesoamerican civilizations, while the marketplace seems to be based on Spanish colonial architecture. It's also said that Madre Cosecha is the founder of Selvadorada, who helped the people settle the place during a time of great famine.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Explore the Jungle
It's literally a jungle out there! Don't forget to bring your spider repellent and machete!
The more you explore, the more secret ancient rooms open up for discovery
Find, purchase, and collect ancient artifacts so you can bring a piece of the jungle home with you
Neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
Selvadorada consists of 2 neighborhoods. The Jungle District is part of Belomisia Jungle and is not accessible from the map. It requires adventuring and clearing paths to get to it.
Lots[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 7 lots in Selvadorada.
Accommodation[edit | edit source]
Community lots[edit | edit source]
- Alam Museum of Archaeology - Museum
- Belomisia Trailhead - National Park
- Cantina "El Árbol del Jaguar" - Bar
Climate[edit | edit source]
Even with The Sims 4: Seasons installed, Selvadorada does not experience four distinct seasons, as temperatures never fall below warm. Spring, fall, and winter involve more rainfall and warm to hot temperatures, while heat waves are common in the summer and rain is not. It never snows unless a weather-controlling machine is used.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Selvadorada" directly translates to "Golden Jungle" in Spanish.
- The name is a possible pun on El Salvador, a country or its capital city, San Salvador, in Central America. This is supported since cultural theme of Selvadorada are Mayan and Aztec based in addition to Latin American culture.
- It is possible that Selvadorada is located in South Simerica, since windows from Jungle Adventure mention this place.
- The poison darts fired inside Omiscan Temple are based on blowdarts, a hunting weapon used by native tribes of Central and South America obtained from poison dart frogs. However, the darts are shot from a wall when a Sim triggers a wrong switch, not by native tribes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]