Science is one of the many hobbies included in the The Sims 2: FreeTime. High science enthusiasm allows a Sim access to the Aspirational Laboratories secret lot. Having a serious or neat personality will raise the enthusiasm for this hobby faster.
The wonders of science are very appealing to some Sims. Studying the stars or ants, practicing or making medicine, will get them even more enthusiastic about it. Sims who have high logic will be more enthusiastic about science.
Activities that raise a Sim's enthusiasm in science are:
Available to toddlers:
- Playing with the peg toybox
Available to children and up:
- Stargazing on ground
- Stargazing with telescope
- Observing ants[TS2:FT]
- Watching the Weather Channel[TS2:S]
- Reading the Science section in the newspaper or the SimScientific magazine[TS2:FT]
- Browsing web about science[TS2:FT]
- Blogging about science[TS2:FT]
- Dreaming about science
Available to teens and up:
- Summoning aliens[TS2:FT]
- Using the SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station
- Using the TraumaTime "Incision Precision" Surgical Training Station
- Using the Weathernaught 57X[TS2:S]
- "Talk about Hobby"
- "Read Section ..." in newspaper
- "Share Hobby Tips" with a Sim
- "Browse Web About Hobby"
- "Blog Tips About Hobby" on the computer
- Search for Constellations
- Search for Planets
- Search for UFOs
- "Instruct in Hobby"
- "Be in the Zone"
- Uninspired Underling
- Baby Biologist
- Telescope Whisperer
- Discoverer of Galaxies
- Some Kind of Einstein
Befriending a science hobby instructor will decrease the friends requirements by one for Sims who work in the Science career, but strangely not for the Medicine career.
Science hobby instructors wear the outfit for the Mad Scientist job in the Science career, as well as singed hairstyle.