Scared is an emotion available in The Sims 4, which was added in Patch 107.. It occurs when Sims are frightened by creepy situations or Sims, such as ghosts or vampires. Over 60 tense moodlets across the base game and various content packs have been converted to scared moodlets, where appropriate. This emotion can evolve into terrified.
Interactions and activities
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while scared.
- Scream Incoherently
- Ask for Encouragement
- Hide Under The Covers (bed)
- Take a Panicked Poop (toilet)
- Take a Cautious Shower (shower)
Interactions on scared Sims
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions with a scared Sim.
- Try to Console
- This is the first and thus far only emotion to be added to the base game via a patch.
- "Go Here" is replaced with "Go... Here?"
- "Sleep" and "Nap" are replaced with "Sleep?" and "Nap?"
- When trying to sleep while scared, Sims can wake up having nightmares.
- They will always walk with the panic run.
- Sims cannot do most activities when scared.
- Similar to angry Sims, scared Sims can "take a panicked poop".
- When a Sim in this emotion gets eaten by the Cowplant and is then thrown up, instead of getting an essence of fear from milking the Cowplant, it is the essence of daze.
- The bladder need drops faster with this emotion.
- The scared moodlets used to be other emotions, mainly tense.
- If a sim gets trapped in the Duck Security© SCR009E Super XL Smart Vault, they will immediately become Terrified and receive the "Moneypot Trapped!" moodlet, which adds +4 to the Scared emotion until they are either let out or break out themselves.
- The similar thing happens with the use of the telescope — added with Patch 131 — as there is a very small chance a Sim receives the "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME!" moodlet (also +4) when they see a meteorite heading right for them. Unlike "Moneypot Trapped!" however, this one is timed as the Sim will die if they are not moved inside in time.
- Scared moodlets cannot be removed after drinking the Moodlet Solver.