Sims with the Romance Aspiration crave lots of lovin' with as many different Sims as they can find, so setting aside the time for them to chase those hot prospects is key. Fill their Aspiration Meters with hot steamy nights and lust-filled days in order to keep Romance Sims' lives long and exciting.
Romance is an aspiration in The Sims 2. Romance Sims are passionate to have as many romantic possibilities with anyone as possible, without being tied up by lifelong commitment. Romance Sims dare to have many lovers and cheat them without getting caught. They also want to make out and WooHoo with many Sims. If The Sims 2: Nightlife is installed, they also want to go on date with their partners.
Though Romance Sims love to love, they don't want to bind a commitment with their lover, whether it's to go steady or get married.
Meter Levels[edit | edit source]
|Platinum||Major Heart-throb||Don Juan / Femme Fatale||Fiery Fossil|
|Gold||Total Babe||Love Machine||Silver Fox|
|High Green||Hottie||Lusty Lover||Sexy Senior|
|Low Green||Hormonal Hurricane||Hopeless Romantic||Old Flame|
|Low Red||Wallflower||Cold Fish||Dirty Old Man / Dirty Old Woman|
|Deep Red||Lonely Loser||Total Turn-Off||Burned-out Cinder|
Wants & Fears[edit | edit source]
Wants[edit | edit source]
Fears[edit | edit source]
- Get Caught Cheating
- Get Engaged/Married/Go Steady
- Have a baby
- Get Fired
- Break up
- Lose Sim as best friend
- Fall out of love with Sim
- Get rejected for a make out
- Get rejected for WooHoo
- Get rejected for Public WooHoo
- Changing a Diaper
- Get Fat
Lifetime Wants[edit | edit source]
- Become Celebrity Chef
- Become Hall of Famer
- Become Professional Party Guest
- Have 20 Simultaneous Lovers
- Woohoo with 20 different Sims
- Become Rock God[TS2:S]
Aspiration Desperation[edit | edit source]
When in aspiration desperation, a Sim will pull out a mop with a plate attached to the end (which has a crudely drawn face on it), and begins to show affection towards it. The gender of the face depends on the Sim's gender preference, although Sims with no gender preference will behave the same way heterosexual Sims do in this case.
Freetime Aspiration Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Level 1 - Massive Attraction
- Level 2 - Slower Motive Decay
- Level 3 - Local Legend
- Level 4 - Smooth Talk
Careers[edit | edit source]
Premade Sims With Aspiration[edit | edit source]
Tips & Tricks[edit | edit source]
- Sims with knowledge aspiration get along pretty badly with romance Sims, as they have nothing in common and where a romantic Sim might wish for a style of life with a lot of partners and social interactions, intellectual Sims prefer to stay alone studying. It's like cold-hot, water-oil. They won't ever get along well.
- With FreeTime, it can be quite easy for a Romance sim with all the perks to woo a Knowledge or even a Family Sim. Even without FreeTime, a Knowledge sim can have some very good chemistry with a Romance Sim.
- If FreeTime is installed, a good way for two opposites to get along would be to have one partner be Romance/family or Romance/knowledge, and give the other partner Romance as a secondary aspiration.
- In the base game, if the players have a Romance and Knowledge Sim marry, give the Romance Sim a job and he or she will often roll the want to woohoo upon coming home. This can be good for Romance/Family pairings too, as the Family Sim will want to have a baby.
- If the players want a Romance Sim to marry and not have their aspiration bar fall low, make their secondary aspiration family. The players need The Sims 2: FreeTime to get a secondary aspiration.
- Romance Sims won't have a bad memory of marrying a rich Sim.
- A relationship between Family Sims and Romance Sims may not always result too well due to their clashing needs. Family Sims want to get engaged and married, while Romance Sims normally fear engagement and marriage; as a result, an engagement/marriage between Romance and Family Sims will often greatly boost a Family Sim's aspiration while severely lowering the Romance Sim's. The Family Sim will want to have children and raise them carefully, and Romance Sims will wish to WooHoo, go on dates and find other lovers all the same time. The problems arising from this pairing can be mitigated by having the two partners date often.
- For these reasons, if the player is looking to have a stable family, it's generally considered a poor strategy to have a Romance Sim marry. In order to keep their aspiration score high, they will effectively be required to cheat on their spouse.
- When a Romance Sim falls in love with another Sim, they may also gain a want to have multiple loves at once.
- Romance Sims are unique for not wanting to get married, engaged, go steady and have babies. Non-Romance Sims usually want things like this (besides Pleasure, but even they won't fear it).
- Similar to Pleasure Sims, a handful of Romance Sims actually want marriage. This is extremely unusual, probably the rarest Want a Romance Sim can possibly roll. The chance of rolling the Want to marry increases if the Sim is on a date.
- In rare cases, if someone (even a family type) has many children and is annoyed with them and has a low aspiration bar for two days or more, they will get Romance type wants (i.e. kiss someone, go on a date, flirt etc.).
- If a Sim that has the Romance aspiration is married or joined to someone, and was created to be married/joined in Create a Sim, the memory of the action will be a good memory.
- A Sim with this aspiration may want to be in love with more than one person at the same time, which implies cheating. Such Sims often have a fear of cheating.
- Despite fearing having babies, Romance Sims will still receive positive memories when a baby is born. Caring for their other wants can lighten the impact of such fears.
- Townies and NPCs with the zodiac sign of Taurus or Libra generally have this aspiration which made a reference to Venus, its traditional ruling planet named after the Roman goddess of romance, hence the reference itself..
- Even though marriage, engagement, and going steady are bad memories for Romance Sims, being rejected from those are bad to them too.
- Romance Sims often walk differently from other Sims (sassy walk) when in high aspiration.
- There's a glitch in FreeTime onward in which Sims would get the wrong positive / negative type of engagement memory regardless of their aspiration. There's a mod that will fix this.