Sims with the Popularity Aspiration desire flocks of friends and killer parties, so if they aren't on the phone, practicing politics, or dancin' the night away, they probably should be. Their Aspiration Meters will fill with every friend, fair-weather or not, and allow them to live long and famous lives.
Popularity is an Aspiration in The Sims 2. Popularity Sims want to befriend as many people as possible. They like to meet somebody new, befriend them, make best friends with them, and eventually become BFF[TS2:FT] with them. This is a neverending cycle of friendship as they tend to want to be friends with anyone they've met. They also love to throw great parties, join Greek houses[TS2:U], and have a good Reputation[TS2:AL]. Popularity Sims will want to befriend pets too.
Besides the good friendship development, some Popularity Sims also have bad sides. They tend to want to win fights against their enemies.
|Platinum||Teen Idol||Local Hero / Local Heroine||Senior Socialite|
|Gold||Mr. Popularity / Ms. Popularity||Noted Notable||Gray Eminence|
|High Green||Stylin' Scenester||Man About Town / Woman About Town||Long-time Luminary|
|Low Green||One of the Gang||Real Somebody||Aging Acquaintance|
|Low Red||Maladjusted Misfit||Left-Out Loner||Has-been|
|Deep Red||Abject Reject||Wretched Outcast||Forgotten Fogie|
Wants & Fears
The wants are the same for all age groups, except that young adult Sims will often have wants to become the Big Sim on Campus and to join a Greek house. Popularity Sims will often roll wants to become friends with Sims they have recently met, even though they do not know them well.
When in aspiration desperation, a Sim will pull out a paper cup on a stick (with a crudely drawn face on it) and talk to it.
FreeTime Aspiration Benefits
- Level 1 - Hospitality
- Level 2 - Slower Bladder and Energy Motive Decay
- Level 3 - Three way calling
- Level 4 - Fast Friends
The Sims 2: Seasons
The Sims Life Stories
Premade Sims With Aspiration
Tips & Tricks
- It is not recommended for a Popularity Sim to have children, unless you want a challenge; as children and toddlers fear having parties and Popularity Sims want to have parties. On the other hand, they can make easy friends with their children.
- Townies and NPCs with the zodiac sign of Aries or Leo generally have this aspiration.
- During Development this aspiration was variously known as either Reputation or Fame, before being settled on Popularity.