Sims with the Pleasure Aspiration love wild nights out, cozy nights in, and what most Sims would consider "the good life". They'll want to use objects that provide them with fun and comfort, while avoiding activities that cause stress or equate to work of any kind. Kick their aspiration meters into platinum by pursuing their whims of the moment, as these Sims can change their tastes on a dime as they travel on their path to the ultimate life of luxury.
Pleasure is a new Aspiration introduced The Sims 2: Nightlife. Pleasure Sims typically want to do simple things for some fun. This Aspiration is a common combination of Romance and Popularity Aspirations, while still holding some significance of its own. Pleasure Sims like to gather and hang out with their friends, but they don't primarily want to be their best friends. They also like to go on dates and do some romance, but they don't have commitment issues like Romance Sims. Most activities they love are involved with Downtown. They are not hard to please, and enjoy just living life and having fun along the way.
|Platinum||Euphoric Youth||Primo Pleasureseeker / Prima Pleasureseeker||Long-lived Levity-liker|
|Gold||Junior Joy Jockey||Frolicking Freespirit||Gray-haired Glee-grabber|
|High Green||Freshfaced Funlover||Hearty Hedonist||Fossilized Funmeister|
|Low Green||Callow Contentment Craver||Common Comfortlover||Satisfied Silvermane|
|Low Red||Bummed-out Bore||Downfaced Drag||Dried-up Discontent|
|Deep Red||Delightless Downer||Narcissistic Knucklehead||Grave-faced Grumbler|
Wants & Fears
- Be rejected for a date by Sim[TS2:NL]
- Be rejected for an outing by Sim[TS2:NL]
- Become a Vampire[TS2:NL]
- Sim is a Vampire[TS2:NL]
- Have a Bad Date[TS2:NL]
- Go on 50 1st Dates
- Go on 50 Dream Dates
- Become Professional Party Guest
- Become Game Designer[TS2:S]
- Become Celebrity Chef
The Sims 2: Seasons
When in aspiration desperation, a Sim will grab a lampshade with a crudely drawn face on it, place it over their head, and start dancing. Oddly the sim's face doesn't look displeased at all when they put on or take off the lampshade.
Freetime Aspiration Benefits
- Level 1 - Fast Metabolism
- Level 2 - Slower Motive Decay - Bladder and Energy
- Level 3 - Write Restaurant Guide
- Level 4 - Rowdy Folk Song
Pre-made Sims With Aspiration
- Pleasure Sims, similar to Romance Aspiration Sims, do not want to get married because they prefer to go on lots of dates. Unlike Romance Sims, however, marriage generally doesn't show up as a fear, and Pleasure Sims don't take an aspiration hit from it as Romance Sims typically do. In fact, some Pleasure Sims do roll Wants to get engaged and/or married, though this is rare.
- When using SimPE to change a Sim's aspiration, the Pleasure aspiration will be labeled as Fun.
- Pleasure Sims sometimes roll wants to buy things like Fortune Sims except that they usually want to purchase things relating with entertainment.
- Pleasure Sims, similar to Romance Sims, don't tend to get on well with Knowledge Sims, though it isn't always the case.
- The lifetime want "Go on 50 1st Dates" is likely a reference to the movie "50 First Dates" released in 2004.